• ...and so much more!
  • Eric66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2024
    West Lafayette
    Many Subaru and Toyota are made in Lafayette
    No, Toyota has plants in southern Indiana and Kentucky (as well as other US plants). We quit building the Camry in Lafayette almost 10 years ago. Strictly Subaru since then, Legacy Sedan, Outback, Ascent and Crosstrek. After Camry and before the Crosstrek we were building the Impreza Sedans and Wagons.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Good luck.

I've had two, both have been flawless. Every manufacturer makes lemons!

63k miles on my current Ram and I barely drive it, so it'll be good for a long time to come.

If it I get a problem child, I'll toss it and buy something else.

My '16 F150 had frozen door latches which was fun! Ford resolved it but when it hit 2yrs old and 60k miles it was time for something new.

Life is too short to deal with vehicle problems.

There is no full size pickup that compares to the Rams interior. GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate looks nice, but no reason to part with $80,000 when I currently put 3,000 miles a year on my truck.

What do you drive?

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Honda Ridgeline, Toyota 4 Runner, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV 4

My last chevy silverado crew was before I (we) taxpayers were forced to bail out the auto makers in 08.
    They were deemed "too big to fail" by the people the auto makers were donating to.
    FATWO

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've had two, both have been flawless. Every manufacturer makes lemons!

63k miles on my current Ram and I barely drive it, so it'll be good for a long time to come.

If it I get a problem child, I'll toss it and buy something else.

My '16 F150 had frozen door latches which was fun! Ford resolved it but when it hit 2yrs old and 60k miles it was time for something new.

Life is too short to deal with vehicle problems.

There is no full size pickup that compares to the Rams interior. GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate looks nice, but no reason to part with $80,000 when I currently put 3,000 miles a year on my truck.

What do you drive?
    Same here. We just retired our '06 2500 Mega Cab for a '24 2500 Mega Cab. Just need to get around to selling the old one.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    They build a solid truck. Well, before Stellantis. Hard to say with the new Hurricane...
    That's the key to success with a Chrysler product.

:):
    My first '19 was when I was driving 30k miles a year on my personal vehicles. Still, flawless.

But, IMO, something that sits and isn't regularly driven is more likely to have problems than something that's used frequently.

You didn't answer, what do you drive?

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Maybe as many as Fords 3 valve engines
    UAW
    or powerstroke 6.0
    UAW
    or Ram Hemis with the tick
    UAW
    or Toyota’s with bad engines
    Not UAW
    or frames
    UAW(made by Dana Corp for Toyota)
    or Nissan’s with engine or trans problem.
    Not UAW
    They all can make some bad ones.
    Sure, some just made more bad ones than others, some took responsibilities, some didn't.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    A lot, but no recall.
    I've never had one, so no idea.

Since '04 I've had 5 Hemi's, a Ford 2.7, and a Ford 3.5. My 3.5 in the '14 F150 ate a turbo in the first year but aside from that, no issues.

I drive a lot and run them hard, but take care of my stuff. My current Ram is the exception that rarely gets driven and has the battery tender on it. As much as I love to drive it, it's hard to not drive the free car everywhere!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    So your problem is with the UAW?
    They are not? The money can go towards hiring better engineers or using better materials or better QA or paying the UAW, but not all of them at the same time. UAW got paid, quality of the product is going to suffer.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    They are not? The money can go towards hiring better engineers or using better materials or better QA or paying the UAW, but not all of them at the same time. UAW got paid, quality of the product is going to suffer.
    So non UAW manufactures shouldn't be having any issues right?:lmfao:
    Most of the problems listed above are not UAW level problems but are problems that are design level problems(not a UAW person or team) or manufactures going with the lowest bidder for parts.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    So non UAW manufactures shouldn't be having any issues right?:lmfao:
    Did I say that or you?

Most of the problems listed above are not UAW level problems but are problems that are design level problems(not a UAW person or team) or manufactures going with the lowest bidder for parts.
    It's not like they have the money left for higher bidders after paying the UAW.

Top Bottom