• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well they are both from Carmel, so you have the Wine and Cheese factor to add in.

If Brainard could figure out how to float Carmel a few kilometers up, I have no doubt that he would. And raise taxes to make it happen. I mean fees... raise fees.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Who doesn't like Koop Aid and fried chicken? Point me to them, and ill show you a person not of this nation.

vegetarians-taste-better.png

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Call it occupational experience. Odd, yes. Should be check out, yes. Typical criminal behavior, no.

I posted partly due to it not being typical criminal behavior. These guys don't care about looking suspicious, they didn't care they had to deal with a home owner or the police.

The lady I bought the house from bought it with her husband in 1965. I know their name and it's not what the old man said.

IMPD ran and talked to at least one of the guys, the officer told me the shadey guys where looking to score drugs. I said, what they came to random houses to buy drugs? The officer said no they will steal your stuff and then go buy drugs. The officer probably seen something on the rap sheet to lead him to that conclusion.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I posted partly due to it not being typical criminal behavior. These guys don't care about looking suspicious, they didn't care they had to deal with a home owner or the police.

The lady I bought the house from bought it with her husband in 1965. I know their name and it's not what the old man said.

IMPD ran and talked to at least one of the guys, the officer told me the shadey guys where looking to score drugs. I said, what they came to random houses to buy drugs? The officer said no they will steal your stuff and then go buy drugs. The officer probably seen something on the rap sheet to lead him to that conclusion.

These guys were so good that they can fool some LEO with their "Unlikely criminal behavior". Now if it was a parent stealing formula to feed their baby then they would deserve a good curb stomping.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Coming to/going from your house on foot/with car/in-out garage is a "transition." [1]

People are often hit during transitions and your awareness should be up. Hope you learned from the mistake here.

My door goes up when I pull out and down when I'm out. Process reverses when pulling back in. Use the remote. Pay attention during the transition.

[1] - https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...f-defense/274723-fringe-transition-areas.html

This is great content. Thanks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think we could have a whole thread and poll for the best flavor of Kool aid. Apple is pretty tasty and grape is probably second.

Fail! Grape is king! Then orange.

I dunno. If it's koolaid, I prefer cherry. Juice? Definitely grape. But depending on the brand blueberry/pomegranate is really good too.

And a Grilled Cheese sammy goes with almost any drank.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Well OP, you were being sized up.(cased If you like) If you don't have external lights on a sensor, or a surprise tactical weapon handy, time to get one.

Companies don't favor guns for liability. Good you had a blade, you need a 3 cell D Maglight. While you are WallyMart, pick up a glove, ball and a baseball bat for spring baseball games (even though you may not play). Leave those handy in your CO car. Pepper spray would be handy if you like. Get the stream model, it's like wasp spray and goes about 15ft. You learned fast about sitting in your car, get out and listen/read in your "Lazy Boy" chair.

You were lucky this time. Called the cops is a good move, but they weren't there at a moments notice. I have a house in a rural area, takes the Sheriff's Police about 15 mins to respond. Long time, my neighbors and I do watch out for each other. We are all armed. One neighbor is a VietNam vet. Nice as can be, don't mess with him though.

Following those guys was a brave thing. Also could have turned around and been on you. Glad it wasn't so. You did a lot of good things, congrats. Hope this is a once in a lifetime scenario. Vigilant living will reward it's efforts. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Just a couple of quick observations.

#1 Concealed means concealed......you decide if your best option for a violent self defense situation is important enough for you to learn how to carry discreetly.
    #2 Ditch the Ultratech and get yourself a fixed blade. Knives are not ideal in physical confrontations, but an OTF is a toy compared to a solid fixed blade. Nothing is faster or stronger when it comes to a fighting knife.
    #3 Ask more questions.......I'm not sure how your conversation went, but I know I would be drilling the guys with questions. It's pretty easy to discover someone's general honesty by asking questions.
    #4 Seek some training in FOF and impact weapons. Flashlights are also great tools.
    #5 Watch your 6......including when you are in a vehicle. I know that they caught you by surprise in a place you felt safe with your head in your cell phone, we all do it nowadays. I'm sure your awareness is heightened after your encounter.

I agree with all your points. I like the OTF cause in my hand it does not look like a knife until the blade is released.

If I had a gun or a fixed blade knife I would not of drawn it as I was getting out of the car or at any time during our little talk. I feel like the OTF gives me more options as I can have it in my hand and not be displaying an obvious weapon.

Top Bottom