• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • =Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    Sorry to tell you, but there are no nice neighborhoods within a couple miles of Mars Hill.
    I wouldn't call it "nice," but I used to live in Hi Acre Manor (south Foltz) when I was in high school. I'd certainly call it "nicer," though. When I lived there 15-20 years ago, it was a nice, quiet neighborhood back then. Other areas nearby (Mars Hill, Mann Village, Manchester Village, etc.) were pretty rough though.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I haven't read through all of the posts so, if this has been mentioned before, forgive me for repeating it. I know everyone has been suggesting getting surveillance cameras, but I would suggest that you invest in a few "Beware Of Dog" signs even if you don't have a dog. I think that is the one of the best deterrents you could have. It may not deter the real stupid ones, but for most of them, it will make them think twice.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This'd prolly work better than a "beware of dog" sign...

TheIncredibles_3_voice.jpg

ram77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    With that kind of stuff going on I wouldn't give a s*%+ if I wasn't allowed to carry at work I'd do it anyways. It ain't against the rules till you get caught and at least then you have peace of mind in a situation like that. Just get something small enough to conceal

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    With that kind of stuff going on I wouldn't give a s*%+ if I wasn't allowed to carry at work I'd do it anyways. It ain't against the rules till you get caught and at least then you have peace of mind in a situation like that. Just get something small enough to conceal
    It's still against the rules even if you don't get caught. Choosing to break the rules is fine as long as you are willing to live with the consequences should something happen: job loss, liability, possible permanent record, etc..

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm with Churchmouse on this one. I'm on a different set of rules when on my property. Things escalate quickly at the Glueman Castle if you are unwanted or causing trouble.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    I'm with Churchmouse on this one. I'm on a different set of rules when on my property. Things escalate quickly at the Glueman Castle if you are unwanted or causing trouble.
    Agreed. When I fist joined this forum, I was asking about ways to carry while I drive for Uber despite the fact that they don't permit their drivers or passengers to carry. My take on it is that I would rather feel safer than the chance I'm not allowed to drive for Uber any more should they find out. That's not my primary source of income though. I might choose differently if it were. Ultimately, it's a choice the OP has to make for himself and his family and I wouldn't hold it against him either way.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    id say that ditching the mictrotech is a good idea...i was carrying around one for months...and one day i tried to use it and it had florida sand that disabled it making it nothing but a window breaker...

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but the proximity of your unwelcomed guests and yourself brings up a situation I think of constantly. What to do if I am actually carrying and am surprised as you were and my potential (and not imminent) threat or as in your case threats are closer than 20 feet? I don't know about anyone else reading this but I don't like my odds of being able to draw my gun and be able to use it before my threat or threats can cover such a short distance.

If faced with a similar situation in my garage and armed I would have acted MUCH more differently if off my property.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    This is exactly the reason why we train. Situational awareness, threat level determination, and gross motor skills in a high stress situation..........Nothing can guarantee a positive outcome in any given situation, but we can certainly put in the work to prepare as much as possible to come out on top. Carrying around weapons is only the beginning. Learning how to effectively use the tools we have access to and reacting with the proper mentality in whichever situation life throws at us should be the ultimate goal for a self defense minded person. The more we prepare for a given situation, the better our odds are at living to see another day.

Train, train, train.........less money on guns, more money on ammo and training.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but the proximity of your unwelcomed guests and yourself brings up a situation I think of constantly. What to do if I am actually carrying and am surprised as you were and my potential (and not imminent) threat or as in your case threats are closer than 20 feet? I don't know about anyone else reading this but I don't like my odds of being able to draw my gun and be able to use it before my threat or threats can cover such a short distance.

If faced with a similar situation in my garage and armed I would have acted MUCH more differently if off my property.

Top Bottom