• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If that is the case I would hope that Barney Fife is not involved in the investigation and someone is looking at connecting the dots.
    Here is the one I mentioned.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    It finally showed up on mycase:

Screenshot_2022-11-02_12-37-01.png

So he's charged with this version:

(2) kills another human being while committing or attempting to commit arson, burglary, child molesting, consumer product tampering, criminal deviate conduct (under IC 35-42-4-2 before its repeal), kidnapping, rape, robbery, human trafficking, promotion of human labor trafficking, promotion of human sexual trafficking, promotion of child sexual trafficking, promotion of sexual trafficking of a younger child, child sexual trafficking, or carjacking (before its repeal);

I don't know if that narrows things down much, since the kidnapping part probably covers the fact that they were taken at the bridge and the bodies were found some distance away.

There's also going to be a hearing on the 22nd around unsealing the PC.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Possible that Richard Allen knew about Ron Logan...and thats why he put the bodies there to throw them unto the wrong trail? Also saw a profiler on you tube and believes Allen is a serial killer and this was no way his first time. "you don't hit age 45 and wake up one day and decide this is the day I'm going to murder a couple young girls."

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Possible that Richard Allen knew about Ron Logan...and thats why he put the bodies there to throw them unto the wrong trail? Also saw a profiler on you tube and believes Allen is a serial killer and this was no way his first time. "you don't hit age 45 and wake up one day and decide this is the day I'm going to murder a couple young girls."
    I mean … that seems kind of logical. It’s not like he got drunk and killed a guy on accident. This is a whole other ball of wax.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    20 million dollar bond....

No appearance from defense counsel yet.

I would note that it is the defendant's right to a public trial, not anyone else's right to a public airing of the evidence.

That being said, the First Amendment is implicated, so I would expect media outlets to file objections to the evidence staying sealed.

Believe it or not, that happened in a civil case of mine. NBC challenged a court order sealing a deposition videotape of my client. I fought it. To this day it remains sealed....and the case was something like 10 years ago. Dateline did an update on the case several months ago- still no videotape.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Honest question - why even offer bond when it so obviously is not attainable by the accused? If setting it high enough that he can't leave custody is the point, why even offer/set bonding amount?
    Good question.

"Murder is not bailable if the state proves by a preponderance of the evidence that the proof is evident or the presumption strong. In all other cases, offenses are bailable."

Ind. Code § 35-33-8-2

I wonder if this would require a public hearing with the presentation of evidence...which the state does evidently not want.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    So he has been charged with (35-42-1-1(2)). I see people referring to this as "felony murder". I always thought that term specifically referred to cases where the person didn't directly kill someone. Is that correct? Has Richard Allen been charged with felony murder, or just murder?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Good question.

"Murder is not bailable if the state proves by a preponderance of the evidence that the proof is evident or the presumption strong. In all other cases, offenses are bailable."

Ind. Code § 35-33-8-2

I wonder if this would require a public hearing with the presentation of evidence...which the state does evidently not want.
    Has the Defense filed a immediate interrogatory appeal?

And isn't this against his 8th Amendment rights?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Has the Defense filed a immediate interrogatory appeal?

And isn't this against his 8th Amendment rights?
    I think you mean "interlocutory". No attorney has appeared for the defense. Why would they appeal? Under Indiana, there doesn't have to be bail with a murder charge.

So they go from 20 million to no bail, but they have to put their evidence on display....and the defendant may not want a public hearing on the evidence just now. He will get to see whatever they have anyway....and maybe he doesn't want out for other reasons as well.

...but as I said, no defense attorney yet. I highly doubt he will get bail in an amount that results in his release, regardless.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    20 million dollar bond....

No appearance from defense counsel yet.

I would note that it is the defendant's right to a public trial, not anyone else's right to a public airing of the evidence.

That being said, the First Amendment is implicated, so I would expect media outlets to file objections to the evidence staying sealed.

Believe it or not, that happened in a civil case of mine. NBC challenged a court order sealing a deposition videotape of my client. I fought it. To this day it remains sealed....and the case was something like 10 years ago. Dateline did an update on the case several months ago- still no videotape.

"They should really let him go on his OR."
    -Ryan Mears

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I think you mean "interlocutory". No attorney has appeared for the defense. Why would they appeal? Under Indiana, there doesn't have to be bail with a murder charge.

So they go from 20 million to no bail, but they have to put their evidence on display....and the defendant may not want a public hearing on the evidence just now. He will get to see whatever they have anyway....and maybe he doesn't want out for other reasons as well.

...but as I said, no defense attorney yet. I highly doubt he will get bail in an amount that results in his release, regardless.
    So did he appear on two murder charges in front of a judge with no Attorney? Or he has as least a public defender in the eve's somewhere?
    I just find it shocking that a judge would allow this?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom