• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Yeah that is what I'm thinking. A few reasons, the boldness to kidnap two young girls during the day on a used trail iirc there were at least 3 people in the area around the time it happened and kill them close to where they were taken, the taking of trophies, staging the bodies, if it is this guy the ability to function in the same small town where it happened. Along with a few other things not including just a gut feeling. They haven't said they are treating it as such exactly, but they did say they weren't ruling it out. And I'm pretty sure they stated that there was no need for concern because they thought the guy had moved on. But not positive and it could have been just to avoid vigilantism like I mentioned if I am remembering correctly.

Not really similar, a few missing girls around that age that never turned up not right near but within a half hr-hr drive max. There is at least one other case a state or two away that has never been solved that is very similar. Two girls, daylight, semi secluded location but with some traffic.
    If that is the case I would hope that Barney Fife is not involved in the investigation and someone is looking at connecting the dots.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    If we can't somehow get a "fair trial", there will be no trial and the accused goes free. There is no "we'll try him even though everyone on the jury is biased" option. Not one that complies with the Constitution at least.

What we will get is jurors who are less and less engaged in national media. This doesn't necessarily mean dumb. I think this is a burgeoning trend. I have not watched a national news broadcast of any kind in....I can't remember how long, but probably years. I certainly don't pay attention to local crime stories from across the country. If they aren't relatively close to home- not interested.
    Never heard of the guy nor what he may or may not be tried for.

PS I live in Allen County, The Land of Fair Trials. Just sayin'.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If that is the case I would hope that Barney Fife is not involved in the investigation and someone is looking at connecting the dots.
    The main agencies involved have been Carrol Co, ISP, and the FBI, its either Carrol Co or ISP is lead with the others assisting. FBI was actually on the scene before the girls were found to help with the search. They stated it was a slow day at the office and they had nothing better to do. Field office is half hr-45 minutes away max.

I have no idea of the total number of agencies that have sent people in to help with manpower chasing down all the tips that have come in and such. At one point there were over a dozen other agencies from IN with officers assisting with manpower. And that was just at that time they were rotating in an out as they could. In the first week and a half there were close to 4000 tips called in, and they stated they were checking every one. As of right now there is over 40k. FBI took over the tip line after the first week or so with the calls being routed to their major case division. I'm sure with the law of averages there has been a Barney Fife or two in the mix. And I'm also sure that case has been called in to the tip line multiple times.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    He plead not guilty. I’m going to guess they will bring in the death penalty. He will plea guilty for life in prison. If the evidence isn’t overwhelming they will take the deal rather than lose him. If he is guilty or not I don’t know. Nobody knows what they got yet.

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    Perhaps in another thread it would be more appropriate to discuss at length, but I think as everyone probably knows, prisons have a duty to take appropriate measures to protect prisoners from other prisoners. This is particularly the case when there is a known threat to an inmate.

The last thing we want if for a family of a murderer to make money from his crimes.

What other thread, what's a matter discussing it here? The county he's in will segregate him till things calm down. He'll eventually go GenPop when things calm down. This myth of white knighting by inmates against chomos is typically erroneous. It happens but not as much as people think.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    He plead not guilty. I’m going to guess they will bring in the death penalty. He will plea guilty for life in prison. If the evidence isn’t overwhelming they will take the deal rather than lose him. If he is guilty or not I don’t know. Nobody knows what they got yet.
    I'd like to know what other charges they either already have or plan to add. They stated two counts of murder, I can see at least 2 counts of kidnapping, and two counts of theft since he took souvenirs.

What other thread, what's a matter discussing it here? The county he's in will segregate him till things calm down. He'll eventually go GenPop when things calm down. This myth of white knighting by inmates against chomos is typically erroneous. It happens but not as much as people think.
    It's not been stated that they were molested sexually or not. People suspect but he could just be a sociopath who likes to kill. Or I'm sure there are other options as well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A "not guilty" plea is pretty much automatic pretrial. Even without an attorney, the state will enter a not guilty plea.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    The main agencies involved have been Carrol Co, ISP, and the FBI, its either Carrol Co or ISP is lead with the others assisting. FBI was actually on the scene before the girls were found to help with the search. They stated it was a slow day at the office and they had nothing better to do. Field office is half hr-45 minutes away max.

I have no idea of the total number of agencies that have sent people in to help with manpower chasing down all the tips that have come in and such. At one point there were over a dozen other agencies from IN with officers assisting with manpower. And that was just at that time they were rotating in an out as they could. In the first week and a half there were close to 4000 tips called in, and they stated they were checking every one. As of right now there is over 40k. FBI took over the tip line after the first week or so with the calls being routed to their major case division. I'm sure with the law of averages there has been a Barney Fife or two in the mix. And I'm also sure that case has been called in to the tip line multiple times.

The FBI were not represented at the conference today, but the Marshalls were.

In the leaked interview transcript with KK, the ISP detective introduces a guy he called Deputy Clinton. DC seems to be really familiar with the case, leading people to assume he's a Carrol County deputy. But they don't have a deputy with that name, nor does Miami county. People on other sites I follow have been wondering about this for a while. Well today it turned out, he's a deputy US Marshall. Maybe there's some kind of child crime task force that they are part of or something. That interview was from back in 2020 so they've clearly been involved for a while.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Typical Doug Carter ISP press conference. They made a big ordeal out of telling us nothing we didn't already know. :xmad:

Other than a noticeably older looking Doug Carter crying, they continue to tell the public nothing other than what other agencies couldn't hide Friday?

Damn, that was Doug Carter? Homie ain’t missed a sammich, has he…

Also:

1667263921685.jpeg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The FBI were not represented at the conference today, but the Marshalls were.

In the leaked interview transcript with KK, the ISP detective introduces a guy he called Deputy Clinton. DC seems to be really familiar with the case, leading people to assume he's a Carrol County deputy. But they don't have a deputy with that name, nor does Miami county. People on other sites I follow have been wondering about this for a while. Well today it turned out, he's a deputy US Marshall. Maybe there's some kind of child crime task force that they are part of or something. That interview was from back in 2020 so they've clearly been involved for a while.
    Thanks much. I knew there was supposed to be a Marshall at the conference, but didn't pay attention to who all they listed. I was more interested in what little they were going to release, I didn't think they would say much but didn't think it would be quite so little. I didn't even wonder about the lack of FBI, I wonder how long they have been out of it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Heard (Fox 59) he came forward as a witness since he'd been on the bridge the same day. Reminded me of the Cleveland kidnapper several years back: he joined the search for the missing girls.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Heard (Fox 59) he came forward as a witness since he'd been on the bridge the same day. Reminded me of the Cleveland kidnapper several years back: he joined the search for the missing girls.
    Wow. Hadn’t heard that he was there same day. I would of made him wear similar clothes and walked that track. That’s crazy he would admit that unless he was afraid he was seen.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Wow. Hadn’t heard that he was there same day. I would of made him wear similar clothes and walked that track. That’s crazy he would admit that unless he was afraid he was seen.

I think it's almost certain that he was seen. There were a lot of people there that day. For the most part, those people have kept quiet, but some things have come out.

There was a guy posting on various sites (now deceased) who managed to track down and speak to several people who were there, and he always maintained that the main source for the old guy sketch was a teenage girl who was there with friends and saw this guy who she described as being quite short, and not having blue eyes. He showed her a pic of a known child predator who worked in a car factory in Kokomo and was pulled out one day and questioned/swabbed. She said he looked like the guy she saw. As it happens, by coincidence, that child predator guy is a dead ringer for Richard Allen.

Now she could have been wrong about the eye color, but not the height imo. So I think she probably really saw Richard Allen.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Thanks much. I knew there was supposed to be a Marshall at the conference, but didn't pay attention to who all they listed. I was more interested in what little they were going to release, I didn't think they would say much but didn't think it would be quite so little. I didn't even wonder about the lack of FBI, I wonder how long they have been out of it.
    One of the podcasts I listen to said there was something up with the FBI. They were hot and heavy after the owner of the property where the body was found, but they have basically not been involved since it turned out he wasn’t involved. I don’t know if they were asked to step aside, or what.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    One of the podcasts I listen to said there was something up with the FBI. They were hot and heavy after the owner of the property where the body was found, but they have basically not been involved since it turned out he wasn’t involved. I don’t know if they were asked to step aside, or what.

Ron Logan...he asked someone to give him a false alibi by saying that they drove him somewhere around the time of the murders. He asked for this while the search was going on, before the bodies were discovered. The person initially gave the false alibi but then later recanted and told the truth. RL was banned from driving, so when he was caught, he said that was the reason he asked for the false alibi. But he also drove somewhere else that morning, long before the murders, and he didn't ask for an alibi for that trip.

But he obviously knew 2 girls were missing, last seen near his place, and someone was going to come knocking, looking to know where he was that day. He also likely knew the timeframe involved, so maybe that's why he didn't bother about an alibi for the earlier trip.

In the end they threw the book at him for the driving incident, I think he did a couple of years for it. But then the twist came!

Back in 2019 iirc, some guy called Garret Kirts was arrested for strangling a woman to death. At that time, everyone who was arrested for anything was being given the full treatment on all he Delphi subreddits, youtube channels etc. This guy was everyone's favorite suspect at the time. But there didn't seem to be any ties to the Delphi area or to the case. Well someone was browsing his Facebook pics, and noticed a pic of a distinctive horse, which looked familiar. They went back to the early interviews with RL from the time of the Delphi murders, and there it was in the background - the same horse. Eventually some youtuber interviewed Garret Kirts and he confirmed it, saying he pretty much "grew up" around that farm. His dad was very close friends with RL. Anyway he ended up pleading guilty in his own case so he's locked up for good. He hasn't been mentioned much in connection with Delphi in a long time.

Some people still think RL was involved somehow. I seriously doubt it. He was 77 at the time of the murders and he died in January of this year from Covid.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

They probably found there were no dogs to shoot.

Top Bottom