• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I’m glad we had a press conference with no real new information, at least it gave Doug Carter the chance to pat himself on the back and talk about how this makes him feel. Good grief.

Everything they said could have been put out in a press release Friday. The media sounded PISSED that they made them all travel only to refuse to answer questions.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I'm not knocking law enforcement or the hard work they put in over years of dedicated work. I am knocking the public relations group at ISP (or whoever led the press conference).

Yes, a formal announcement was necessary and the information that could be disclosed wasn't more than the charges.
    That is how it should be but the way it was presented was terrible.

There was no attempt to manage public expectations beforehand which left the public expecting more then could be delivered. Although expressions of thanks and gratitude are very well earned and deserved the lack of any other substance made it look like nothing more than a self-congratulation session.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What violation? Plenty of murderers in general pop.
    Perhaps in another thread it would be more appropriate to discuss at length, but I think as everyone probably knows, prisons have a duty to take appropriate measures to protect prisoners from other prisoners. This is particularly the case when there is a known threat to an inmate.

The last thing we want if for a family of a murderer to make money from his crimes.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I’m glad we had a press conference with no real new information, at least it gave Doug Carter the chance to pat himself on the back and talk about how this makes him feel. Good grief.

Everything they said could have been put out in a press release Friday. The media sounded PISSED that they made them all travel only to refuse to answer questions.
    The "need to know" doesn't overshadow due process.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I listened to a podcast that interviewed a former leo involved (if memory serves correctly). The guy said that the first sketch they knew was wrong, which I believe was to not spook the killer until they got enough evidence. He didn’t go into details but it was implied that the bodies were moved at some point the first night they went missing. Also implied something strange was done to the bodies like they were staged. I’ve slept a lot since I listened to it but these sat with me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We need to remember that Carter is Holcomb's man. He is part of the system that locked us down and fought against Constitutional Carry.

These folks do a poor job of representing us, much less they believe that big government's job is to keep us in line. The public needs to know only what they feel is important to their agenda.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I really want the prosecutors to get this right. They are playing it very close to the vest with evidence, which I understand, but once you arrest and charge, the clock starts running. There is a lot of talk about continued investigation....but I hope they had him dead to rights before making the arrest or there was a very good reason to arrest him when they did.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Here's a more detailed account of the search (w/ pics):

It's a little confusing because at the conference today, they said they had an arrest warrant, but it sounds like he wasn't under arrest during the search. Either way they must have something big.

I still think it's connected to that anthony_shots account somehow though.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Here's a more detailed account of the search (w/ pics):

It's a little confusing because at the conference today, they said they had an arrest warrant, but it sounds like he wasn't under arrest during the search. Either way they must have something big.

I still think it's connected to that anthony_shots account somehow though.

Well, the search was October 13th. That leads me to believe that something found in the search (including vehicle) was examined, tested, etc., and an arrest warrant was later issued based at least in part on what was found during the search.

Probable cause to search is one thing, probable cause to arrest is another...let alone to charge at which time the "speedy trial" clock starts ticking. In something like this, you don't arrest and then hope you later find enough evidence to convict....unless it's the only option because the suspect being a current threat or flight risk.

[ETA]

The case hasn't shown up on the online docket yet, but it's not unusual for a new case to take a couple of days to show up.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Well, the search was October 13th. That leads me to believe that something found in the search (including vehicle) was examined, tested, etc., and an arrest warrant was later issued based at least in part on what was found during the search.

Probable cause to search is one thing, probable cause to arrest is another...let alone to charge at which time the "speedy trial" clock starts ticking. In something like this, you don't arrest and then hope you later find enough evidence to convict....unless it's the only option because the suspect being a current threat or flight risk.

[ETA]

The case hasn't shown up on the online docket yet, but it's not unusual for a new case to take a couple of days to show up.

Makes sense...I missed that the search happened on the 13th.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom