• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    But it sure would be appropriate in this case.
    Given a conviction Agreed, But regardless there is often no Justice for families of victims. In the beginning you think about the loss the first thing every day, then as time progresses you think about it at some point in the day. But you never get over the loss.

Even with a conviction the families lives are forever changed, and they are left to carry on while the perpetrators continue their lives often in the gray bar hotel, none the less their lives continue.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Given a conviction Agreed, But regardless there is often no Justice for families of victims. In the beginning you think about the loss the first thing every day, then as time progresses you think about it at some point in the day. But you never get over the loss.

Even with a conviction the families lives are forever changed, and they are left to carry on while the perpetrators continue their lives often in the gray bar hotel, none the less their lives continue.
    Which is exactly why violating his civil rights would be appropriate in this case. Let the family exact justice because he isn't going to get it anywhere else.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lived in Delphi or at least the close area all these years. And nobody seeing him could put him as the guy in the video…. ?
    My guess would be a form of normalcy bias. Neighbors are already saying they would never have guessed. Who knows maybe his buds busted on him saying how much he looked like the sketch…

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Why wait until Monday?
    Why not just tell us what is going on?

We've almost always had better info from "leaks." Wonder if this info is "out there" somewhere?

Can't say I disagree. But they may want him officially charged before they make a formal announcement.
    Starting now and if found guilty they’d better keep him isolated for the rest of his life or his future will be short.
    Per reports they transferred him to a state facility for his safety. And yes you are right, very much so. The girls had lots of family in and around Delphi as my wife put it they were related to half the town one way or another.
    Lived in Delphi or at least the close area all these years. And nobody seeing him could put him as the guy in the video…. ?
    Supposedly from what I can tell a subdivision right outside town. Maybe a mile or so from the trail.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My guess would be a form of normalcy bias. Neighbors are already saying they would never have guessed. Who knows maybe his buds busted on him saying how much he looked like the sketch…
    I'd say that's quite possible. They didn't want to believe family/friend could do something like that. I know I wouldn't want to believe any of my family could do something like that.

You would think that anyone who could actually do such a thing would leave other indicators also?

Maybe, maybe not. Look at Gacy for instance. If I remember correctly most his friends/neighbors/family said he was pretty much just a normal person. Except for the smell. His employees not so much along with a few others. Sociopaths if they learn to control their urges are pretty good at appearing normal.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Maybe, maybe not. Look at Gacy for instance. If I remember correctly most his friends/neighbors/family said he was pretty much just a normal person. Except for the smell. His employees not so much along with a few others. Sociopaths if they learn to control their urges are pretty good at appearing normal.

Hell, folks hired Pogo the Clown for their children parties.

IMG_1022.JPG

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Indeed.

I remember the events of that murderous son of a ***** clearly and well.
    I don't remember it that well, I was in early-mid grade school at the time. But it was heavily covered especially since I lived half hr or so from Cago. All our tv stations were Cago, and the local papers covered a decent amount of their news as well.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I don't remember it that well, I was in early-mid grade school at the time. But it was heavily covered especially since I lived half hr or so from Cago. All our tv stations were Cago, and the local papers covered a decent amount of their news as well.

I was a "young boy" with a newspaper route in the region at the time. Parents always worried there might be some piece of **** unbeknownst in our area.

That's when Dad may or may not have taught me how to use a little 38 carried in a paper route carrier bag.

I recall how the news kept unfolding... First it was a couple of bodies. Then they started finding more in the crawl space covered in lime..more in the back yard. This was at a time when the "news" was not a 24/7 tv show.....Reports unfolded in the paper over weeks.

Evil thrives in a fallen world.

I expect folks will have yet another reminder when actual details of this matter become known.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

*Media Advisory* - Delphi Press Conference on Facebook​

Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 10/30/2022 10:29 PM EDT
    Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.​
    State Police Header Image 3
    INDIANA STATE POLICE
    LOWELL DISTRICT
    1550 E. 181st Ave
    Lowell, IN 46356
    www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​
    Sgt. Glen Fifield
    Lowell District #13
    Public Information Officer
    219.696.6242​
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/isplowell2/
    Twitter: @ISPLowell2
    DATE: October 30, 2022​

Press Conference to be Broadcast on Facebook Live​

The multi-agency press conference scheduled for October 31, 2022, will be broadcast via Facebook Live on the Indiana State Police Public Information Office page. That page can be found at the included link. The press conference is scheduled to begin promptly at 10:00 A.M. (E.S.T.) Following the press conference, the media event will be available on the Indiana State Police YouTube channel.
    To eliminate requests, media agencies may use the ISP video broadcast for reporting purposes.
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064696688402
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu5Bg1KjBd7H1GxgkuV3YJA

-30-​

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The press conference from my understanding is going to be at the Methodist Church in Delphi. No idea if general public will be allowed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom