• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Why are you so sure they have a DNA sample? I know there is a certain assumption present in cases like this, but I'm not certain that is actually the case here. Plus, even if that is the case there are any good number of ways that there is no DNA sample.

[FONT=&quot]All fifty states require DNA samples from convicted sex offenders, with some states collecting from all classes of felons.

[/FONT]
    I thought I read some where that they had collected DNA....not sure if it was under nails or sexual DNA, but I think if he was in the database, he would have done been had. But heck, I am just guessing like all the rest.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    This makes me sick.
    the audio is like one of those ghost evp's. I wish theyd give more of the voice because you can't understand or recognize anything from that clip.
    Theres a reward. I honestly wouldn't take a cent if I could help catch this cowardly sick monstrous bastard. I hope the police kill this ****er.

My thoughts exactly.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No parenting is not a given, but there are places I'd let my kids go at that age that would be considered remote and secluded by some. That area isn't really considered "remote and secluded" or at least not very by quite a few people in that area. From what I understand it's a relatively popular hangout spot for teens and a popular spot for senior year/wedding/etc. pictures. It's not like it sounds on the news, out in the middle of HNF. There is a road off to the side of where they were found and one of the girls lived a mile or so down it off to the side. Think of a rural, rustic, nice, park version of the Monon trail. Here is a link to the google map of the trail they were on.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...4ff753!8m2!3d40.5912507!4d-86.6813671!6m1!1e1

Apparently the "parents" of those poor girls thought the same way. And here we are...

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Apparently the "parents" of those poor girls thought the same way. And here we are...

Yes, let's blame the grieving parents for the actions of a monster. When I was a kid there were plenty of times the same thing could have happened to me. Running around the neighborhood, traipsing through the woods, riding my bike further than I was allowed. Give the parents a break. It's not like we have remotely enough info to pass judgment on them.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Yes, let's blame the grieving parents for the actions of a monster. When I was a kid there were plenty of times the same thing could have happened to me. Running around the neighborhood, traipsing through the woods, riding my bike further than I was allowed. Give the parents a break. It's not like we have remotely enough info to pass judgment on them.

:yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Agreed but these are seriously troubled times. When I was a kid we never ever worried about these predators. Now it seems all to common an occurrence.
    We will not let the 10 year old walk to school. Not far really but I take her in the morning and her mother or dad picks her up.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Girls are different from boys.

No one is blaming the parents, but had they made wiser decisions things might be different. We are all accountable for our actions, as troubling as it may be.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Well said.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Girls are different from boys.

No one is blaming the parents, but had they made wiser decisions things might be different. We are all accountable for our actions, as troubling as it may be.
    If a dedicated predator wants to take a child, he can and there's almost nothing that a parent can do about it unless they are just going to never let them out of the house. The odds of your child being killed with the gun you keep at home are infinitely higher than the odds of this sort of thing happening.

Questioning the wisdom of these parents is in my opinion the exact sort of mentality which says that the risks of having guns are too great, and that has led to current generations who can't function without mommy or daddy as adults.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Agreed but these are seriously troubled times. When I was a kid we never ever worried about these predators. Now it seems all to common an occurrence.
    We will not let the 10 year old walk to school. Not far really but I take her in the morning and her mother or dad picks her up.
    Crime statistics show that violent crimes have decreased versus past decades. I think our 24/7 news cycle and instant reporting on incidents from all over the world have skewed our perception.

Edit: I think part of the reason violent crime has lessened is because we have wished up as a society. Just 25 years ago I would walk to school by myself. I'd never let my kids do that now. Does this mean my parents were bad parents? Nope, simply a different era.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    To say that the parents are responsible for what happened to these kids is ridiculous. You can`t keep kids in a bubble. The predator is responsible for the deaths of these girls, and the predator only. It`s a horribly tragic thing, and obviously if the parents could go back in time and do things differently they would, but they simply bear zero responsibility for this sickening tragedy, so no, they have no actions to be held accountable for.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If a dedicated predator wants to take a child, he can and there's almost nothing that a parent can do about it unless they are just going to never let them out of the house. The odds of your child being killed with the gun you keep at home are infinitely higher than the odds of this sort of thing happening.

Questioning the wisdom of these parents is in my opinion the exact sort of mentality which says that the risks of having guns are too great, and that has led to current generations who can't function without mommy or daddy as adults.

Gotcha, I'm an anti-gunner because I wouldn't allow my 13 year old daughters to walk the streets or the trails unsupervised. :rolleyes:

A dedicated predator goes where they can find prey. In this case it was two unsupervised 13 year old girls. They aren't there and the predator has no prey.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Crime statistics show that violent crimes have decreased versus past decades. I think our 24/7 news cycle and instant reporting on incidents from all over the world have skewed our perception.

The news cycle has absolutely skewed people's perception. I work all day every day in the criminal courts interacting with the most of the worst people in my county.

I have dealt with most of the worst things that people do to each other.

This case is an outlier among outliers among outliers. That is why it wouldn't surprise me if it was a serial type has offender.

The vast majority of murders, probably well over 80%, are either domestic or drug related. The vast majority of murders involve adult victims. The vast majority involve someone killed while alone. Most all involve a single victim. Of multiple victim non-drug related murders, almost all victim groups are family members.

There is almost nothing normal about this case. Of the very few cases I had personal contact with that had even hints of the same type of behavior, both were committed by men who had just been released from prison for prior forcible rapes/molests. Fortunately neither of them was very good at not getting caught. If they had been, I have no doubt they would be raping and probably murdering today.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Gotcha, I'm an anti-gunner because I wouldn't allow my 13 year old daughters to walk the streets or the trails unsupervised. :rolleyes:

A dedicated predator goes where they can find prey. In this case it was two unsupervised 13 year old girls. They aren't there and the predator has no prey.

If you really think that a parent can keep their 13-year-old daughter from ever being in a place where a predator could take them, I don't really know that there is a point in continuing here. Never mind that the vast majority of sexual predators are people the parents know and trust...

joe138

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Heltonville
    I would imagine that the poor parents of the girls have placed every blame imaginable upon themselves and probably will for the rest of their lives. Bad people do bad things and that is where the blame should be. This monster has made several victims, including the community.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you really think that a parent can keep their 13-year-old daughter from ever being in a place where a predator could take them, I don't really know that there is a point in continuing here. Never mind that the vast majority of sexual predators are people the parents know and trust...

If you really think that calling me an anti-gunner because you disagree with my opinion is OK, then you are correct. :nono:

A lot of us have very successfully raised our daughters to avoid predators and NOT put themselves in vulnerable situations. As long as they were under parental control, they were certainly never allowed to be in any circumstance where an adult might take advantage of them. It was my job as parent to see to that.

Some may call that a bubble, some overprotective, some paranoid. The cool kids on INGO call it "situational awareness."

But hey, I'm bound to be overprotective. I carry a gun all of the time, right? :dunno:

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    If you really think that calling me an anti-gunner because you disagree with my opinion is OK, then you are correct. :nono:

A lot of us have very successfully raised our daughters to avoid predators and NOT put themselves in vulnerable situations. As long as they were under parental control, they were certainly never allowed to be in any circumstance where an adult might take advantage of them.

Some may call that a bubble, some overprotective, some paranoid. The cool kids on INGO call it "situational awareness."

But hey, I'm bound to be overprotective. I carry a gun all of the time, right? :dunno:
    If you think I called you an anti gunner, please go back and reread my post.

Did your kids didn't go to school without you there? Or to friends houses? Or to the pool? Or to church? Or play with their cousins?

I have personally handled cases where children were preyed upon in everyone of those situations, and in many situations it wasn't by adults.

If you really think that your children never could have been preyed upon by an adult, I don't think you have the faintest idea of what actually happens in these cases.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Edit: I think part of the reason violent crime has lessened is because we have wished up as a society. Just 25 years ago I would walk to school by myself. I'd never let my kids do that now. Does this mean my parents were bad parents? Nope, simply a different era.

And I do not believe much that the Gov. feeds us.
    The stats show a decrease but the crimes are far more violent even if there are less of them.

And yes, different times. Freaks are multiplying. JMHO.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you think I called you an anti gunner, please go back and reread my post.

Did your kids didn't go to school without you there? Or to friends houses? Or to the pool? Or to church? Or play with their cousins?

I have personally handled cases where children were preyed upon in everyone of those situations, and in many situations it wasn't by adults.

If you really think that your children never could have been preyed upon by an adult, I don't think you have the faintest idea of what actually happens in these cases.

Your post was quite clear. You inferred that I was anti-gun because you did not agree with my opinion. You attempted to slander my reputation among gun enthusiasts to win favor. It was unnecessary and inappropriate on a forum for gun owners.

I certainly don't have the faintest idea of what happens in your criminal cases, other than the common knowledge of what can happen if child supervision is lapse.

My daughters were closely monitored in every circumstance where they were under the watchful eye of other adults. Solid communication and accountability was always expressed and required. There were a fair amount of activities that the girls didn't get to continue or even start due to sloppy or inadequate adult supervision. Again, that was MY job as a parent of girls.

Top Bottom