Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    giphy.gif

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm pretty sure the anthony shots profile guy set up a meeting with the girls that same day... coincidently.
    From my understanding (limited) the police during the interview told him that he did, he denied it. He may have, or the police could have been lying to get a confession. He did admit to pretty much everything else though. So I have no idea.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    This wasn't included in the local reporting I read. It's from the DailyMail, so, you know, caution to accuracy.

Andrew Baldwin, defense attorney for Allen, says that he is the 'wrong guy' and the sealed probable cause affidavit is 'flimsy' adding: 'You expect more than what I saw.'

Upthread HoughMade (many thanks for his contributions in this thread) mentioned that a defense attorney must make a record, accordingly don't read too much into the (paraphrased) "My client didn't do it." But the attached quote is rather specific in stating it is "flimsy" which seems, to this lay person, to strongly suggest the evidence is factually problematic. Add the prosecution supposedly stating there are likely others involved, and, well, this arrest, at this point, appears to maybe be more about applying pressure where authorities think it should be applied. I'll give authorities a long leash to operate, at this point. Surely there must be enough flimsy evidence to affect an arrest. But the sealed PC, the particular charges, admission others may be involved, defense attorney labeling PC as "flimsy", suddenly doubt starts to creep in as to whether Allen is involved directly or simply knows something.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hammer and Nigel is having the "Murder Sheet" podcast folks on after 5:00. Might be interesting...

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    This wasn't included in the local reporting I read. It's from the DailyMail, so, you know, caution to accuracy.

Andrew Baldwin, defense attorney for Allen, says that he is the 'wrong guy' and the sealed probable cause affidavit is 'flimsy' adding: 'You expect more than what I saw.'

Upthread HoughMade (many thanks for his contributions in this thread) mentioned that a defense attorney must make a record, accordingly don't read too much into the (paraphrased) "My client didn't do it." But the attached quote is rather specific in stating it is "flimsy" which seems, to this lay person, to strongly suggest the evidence is factually problematic. Add the prosecution supposedly stating there are likely others involved, and, well, this arrest, at this point, appears to maybe be more about applying pressure where authorities think it should be applied. I'll give authorities a long leash to operate, at this point. Surely there must be enough flimsy evidence to affect an arrest. But the sealed PC, the particular charges, admission others may be involved, defense attorney labeling PC as "flimsy", suddenly doubt starts to creep in as to whether Allen is involved directly or simply knows something.

Both attorneys said quite a bit but it took a while for the interviews to show up online

Around 8:25 someone asks Baldwin why he thinks his client is innocent.

The "flimsy" quote comes a little later: "I've got a guy here who says he's innocent, and a PCA that's very flimsy; those are the 2 things I do know".

It sounds like he's playing it safe with his comments, like he half expects to find out much more damning later. I don't envy these attorneys being in this position! They seem sharp though.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Yikes...."I gotta a guy here that says he is innocent".......yikes. Aren't they suppose to say "My client is innocent of all charges." He gotta do what he has to do....but I see a clear message he is sending.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    As more reporting came in, the words used by def. atty. did seem slightly more couched. And I note that while the PC may be "flimsy", it does in fact acknkowledge that evidence against Allen exist. Flimsy though it may be. One might wonder, why arrest Allen now if it's believed others are involved? It's been 5 years and Allen hasn't fled yet. Perhaps pressure against other suspects?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yikes...."I gotta a guy here that says he is innocent".......yikes. Aren't they suppose to say "My client is innocent of all charges." He gotta do what he has to do....but I see a clear message he is sending.

Ehhhh, maybe lawyer talk? Covering his own tail for the future, by separating himself from the horrific brutal murderer he has been assigned to represent?

Top Bottom