• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agreed, but we live in a liberal society that feels we can rehabilitate child predators, rapists and murders.... all while letting them serve half or less of their sentence for good time served and educational/work credits. Sadly I feel it is only going to get worse as we are now putting sexual confusion and gender identity on a protected pedestal rather than identifying it as attention seeking mental illness.

Agreed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It has been reported that he is a sex offender. If that's the case, my understanding is that they would have at least some kind of DNA profile associated with him.

It has been reported that they have DNA in the Carroll County murders. If that's the case, then I would presume they would already know if there's a match. If there was a match, but no warrant, I think there is reason for criticism of how ISP handled the situation. If there is no match, then it is unlikely that this is the right guy.

I fear that this is another false alarm.

That, and I think the sketch is a poor likeness of the guy they caught.

Of course, we will all learn more in due course.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It has been reported that he is a sex offender. If that's the case, my understanding is that they would have at least some kind of DNA profile associated with him.

It has been reported that they have DNA in the Carroll County murders. If that's the case, then I would presume they would already know if there's a match. If there was a match, but no warrant, I think there is reason for criticism of how ISP handled the situation. If there is no match, then it is unlikely that this is the right guy.

Even if there is no sample previously obtained, I would think they would be able to get one from him now and we should know fairly soon if there is a match.

I have never put much stock on sketches either way. I have looked at several over the years and usually don't see much of a resemblance.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

T. Lex - Totally agree with you.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Was his indecent exposure offense down in Carolina (which is the apparent reason for the sex offender registry requirement?) more serious than possibly getting caught peeing in a back alley? Or is there more to his prior offense than that? I honestly do not know what he was convicted of.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Was his indecent exposure offense down in Carolina (which is the apparent reason for the sex offender registry requirement?) more serious than possibly getting caught peeing in a back alley? Or is there more to his prior offense than that? I honestly do not know what he was convicted of.

And you probably won't. But to be on the sex offender registry I'm willing to bet it's much more than peeing in an alley unless he was standing in front of a window for a daycare or similar.

The last 3 sex offenders I have dealt with all gave stories that made it seem like they were put on it for minor violations. Like they were 19 and sleeping with a 15 y/o but once looked into none of them were telling anywhere near the truth. He could have also plead down to that charge and original charge was more severe.

It will be interesting to see. It would be awesome for the families if the killers are caught but we just have to wait and see. There is definitely much more to the story because with what they have released minus expired Indiana and it being on trails tags there isn't much similarity in the case. And they did State ISP requested no more details be put out.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What makes you say it looks like they have the right guy?

I'll bite. We are naturally biased to want to see the connection. I see the resemblance. But I know I WANT him to be the scumbag so my simply seeing a similarity doesnt make it correct; it can be my bias tainting my view. My bias/wish doesnt trump his right to presumed innocence. ESPECIALLY since we are working from a sketch obtained from a grainy screen grab. So naturally that sketch looks like a LOT of people. Heck, I'd venture to guess there are several INGOers that look like that sketch. (purely based on the odds)

Here is hoping that they have some good DNA from the girls' case, and they either have his, or can get him to consent to giving a sample to match.

Curious for the LEO/lawyer types; in a situation like this where they are holding a person of interest, how long can they hold him to wait for DNA results and how fast can they be rushed through? I know this isnt CSI where we can find out in an afternoon. But it would be interesting to know how long a rush job actually takes and what the options are for LEO to hold a flight risk pending DNA results. In this case a person of interest that bears resemblance to a sketch and the final nail would be the DNA results.

Scumbag or not, he still deserves a fair trial and proper treatment under the constitution. (no matter how low our opinion of him is due to his prior convictions)

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I'll bite. We are naturally biased to want to see the connection. I see the resemblance. But I know I WANT him to be the scumbag so my simply seeing a similarity doesnt make it correct; it can be my bias tainting my view. My bias/wish doesnt trump his right to presumed innocence. ESPECIALLY since we are working from a sketch obtained from a grainy screen grab. So naturally that sketch looks like a LOT of people. Heck, I'd venture to guess there are several INGOers that look like that sketch. (purely based on the odds)

Here is hoping that they have some good DNA from the girls' case, and they either have his, or can get him to consent to giving a sample to match.

Curious for the LEO/lawyer types; in a situation like this where they are holding a person of interest, how long can they hold him to wait for DNA results and how fast can they be rushed through? I know this isnt CSI where we can find out in an afternoon. But it would be interesting to know how long a rush job actually takes and what the options are for LEO to hold a flight risk pending DNA results. In this case a person of interest that bears resemblance to a sketch and the final nail would be the DNA results.

Scumbag or not, he still deserves a fair trial and proper treatment under the constitution. (no matter how low our opinion of him is due to his prior convictions)
    You can't really hold a POI at all unless you have PC for custodial arrest. This guy is being held on other charges and warrants.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can't really hold a POI at all unless you have PC for custodial arrest. This guy is being held on other charges and warrants.

Granted he is not a good guy and reality is he is a bit off between his ears by all accounts I have seen.

He does bare resemblance. But they will know. Or they should anyway.

Top Bottom