• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Media reported that he was ruled out as a suspect. Now that doesnt mean of course that they dont still suspect him but just dont have enough to stick yet. (whether by misleading the media, or the media filling in the blanks when they said "we're no longer interested in him" as they left CO)

I dont want to see an innocent man go to jail (even if he is a scumbag with a rap sheet) but I hope he's the guy for no other reason than he is the best option so far, and is at arms reach.

I think the statement from the police was something along the lines of "We have nothing to indicate he did it, but nothing that would rule him out". I've heard but can't confirm that when the ISP went out there his attorney stepped in and said no DNA/questioning, but who knows.

There was a media report that said he was ruled out, but I believe they changed that.

I thought they had DNA from the murderer and there wan't a match to the Colorado guy. I could be misremembering that.

They haven't said if they have the person(s) DNA that did it, they also haven't said they don't. They have taken DNA from multiple people, but that could be for a variety of reasons.

I suspect more than one person may be involved.

Possible, but may I ask why you suspect that? Myself I have no idea if it was one or more.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wonder if folks have adapted their habits of supervising their children?

It is a sad thing when we can not let our kids be kids. When we were young we could go anywhere in our area without much fear from adults. Just did not happen. There was no drug culture out in the open and gang wars were not a daily occurrence. Kids played openly and freely in the streets. Be home when the street lights came on. No cell phones or tracking devices.

Damn this world is really starting to suck.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It is a sad thing when we can not let our kids be kids. When we were young we could go anywhere in our area without much fear from adults. Just did not happen. There was no drug culture out in the open and gang wars were not a daily occurrence. Kids played openly and freely in the streets. Be home when the street lights came on. No cell phones or tracking devices.

We used to institutionalize the insane. Now we give them drugs and full control to self medicate, as they see fit.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

Damn this world is really starting to suck

I hear you. Grew up in the same era.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

It happened, it just wasn't reported nearly as widely. If this happened back in the 70's when I was a young kid, I probably would have heard about it if I lived where I do now (20 minutes from Delphi), where I lived then (NWI) probably not. I've seen people from other countries on facebook commenting/following this. Heck part of the reason this got/is getting so much attention is because of the rarity of it.

Yes gangs have increased, but that is generally more localized. Drug culture? Do you remember the 60s?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Top Bottom