• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't know the news media came up with this or if there is actual evidence to support the idea that this was the same person.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I live in Columbus and I'm very familiar with the area that lady died. The story about her chasing a dog in the river makes no sense if you know the area. You can't even see the river from where her car was. Definitely something else going on here.

There is also a trail and access to the river through the woods in that area. Very secluded and hidden.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I live in Columbus and I'm very familiar with the area that lady died. The story about her chasing a dog in the river makes no sense if you know the area. You can't even see the river from where her car was. Definitely something else going on here.

I've been reading the articles on it just now, and it all sounds like foul play was involved, but I see nothing where anyone official has connected it in any way to the two girls in Delphi. I think the media is making this leap on their own. Just because two incidents occurred, doesn't mean there is a serial killer on the loose here. We had a murder here in Starke County Friday, but they already have the suspects in custody.

My mind keeps going back to Jeanne Gilbert's murder that was 28 years ago and never solved and pray that the two girls' deaths don't end up like that one did. They had sketches and a vehicle description for the guy that they thought was responsible for Jeanne's death but have never found him. Her story has been on all of the TV unsolved crime shows, etc. and still no arrest. When Jeanne was killed, there was another Day's Inn clerk murdered around the same time also along I-65 (I think at Merrillville) that was connected to her death. I worked with her sister-in-law and will never forget her getting that call at work that morning and her running out to race home. It was awful.

GILL, GILBERT: 'Days Inn murders' remain unsolved | Lake County News | nwitimes.com

For the family's sake, I hope they can catch the person(s) responsible for all three of these recent deaths. I don't know how you deal with knowing that the person responsible is out there on the loose to do this again.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I saw an article on this story where the author implied a connection because they were "close" together. I'll see if I can find it.

ETA: Missing Indianapolis woman found dead near where two teenage girls were murdered while hiking last month | Rare
    I'm not an expert on psycho-analyzing serial killers, but I have watched an episode of Criminal Minds.

The victims don't seem similar. 2 young girls and a grown woman. The only similarity is the state in which the crime occurred. I doubt it's the same person. If the FBI put 20 agents on the Columbus case then I may believe they're connected.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Agreed. No idea if they're actually connected. Obviously the media wants a story and click bait.

But this lady's death in Columbus has foul play written all over it.

I've been reading the articles on it just now, and it all sounds like foul play was involved, but I see nothing where anyone official has connected it in any way to the two girls in Delphi. I think the media is making this leap on their own. Just because two incidents occurred, doesn't mean there is a serial killer on the loose here. We had a murder here in Starke County Friday, but they already have the suspects in custody.

My mind keeps going back to Jeanne Gilbert's murder that was 28 years ago and never solved and pray that the two girls' deaths don't end up like that one did. They had sketches and a vehicle description for the guy that they thought was responsible for Jeanne's death but have never found him. Her story has been on all of the TV unsolved crime shows, etc. and still no arrest. When Jeanne was killed, there was another Day's Inn clerk murdered around the same time also along I-65 (I think at Merrillville) that was connected to her death. I worked with her sister-in-law and will never forget her getting that call at work that morning and her running out to race home. It was awful.

GILL, GILBERT: 'Days Inn murders' remain unsolved | Lake County News | nwitimes.com

For the family's sake, I hope they can catch the person(s) responsible for all three of these recent deaths. I don't know how you deal with knowing that the person responsible is out there on the loose to do this again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not an expert on psycho-analyzing serial killers, but I have watched an episode of Criminal Minds.

The victims don't seem similar. 2 young girls and a grown woman. The only similarity is the state in which the crime occurred. I doubt it's the same person. If the FBI put 20 agents on the Columbus case then I may believe they're connected.

Copy cat attention seeker...???

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Columbus/Delphi, same thing...

Come on people, don't even bog this thread down with such nonsense.

I don't know the news media came up with this or if there is actual evidence to support the idea that this was the same person.

Agreed. No idea if they're actually connected. Obviously the media wants a story and click bait.

But this lady's death in Columbus has foul play written all over it.

Oh I'm neither buying or selling. My skept-o-meter is red-lining on this. I will admit when I first read it, not knowing exactly where Delphi is in relation to Columbus, I thought 'what a coincidence'...until I got to the line where it said the events were 120 miles apart.
    Probably just click-bait or a feeble attempt to fill column-inches by some sort of deadline time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Similarities are that females have been murdered on or near public trails in Indiana. As important is that the murderers are still in the wind.

Why do we have no public announcements for females to be aware near public trials? Maybe to chaperone or move in larger groups or supervise our youth?

jasonh31

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    North Manchester
    Wife's friend is a friend of the family of the woman in Columbus. They don't believe it was foul play as she was quite known to rescue any dog she could.
    As for why no announcements, do we really need them? We don't need authorities to tell us to be safe, do we?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I hope there is an arrest soon, as more time goes by, the more concerned I am that this predator might not be caught.

Exactly. There`s been so much time already passed since the murders...from the outside looking in, it doesn`t look good for this case to be solved. I pray that is an incorrect assessment...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wife's friend is a friend of the family of the woman in Columbus. They don't believe it was foul play as she was quite known to rescue any dog she could.
    As for why no announcements, do we really need them? We don't need authorities to tell us to be safe, do we?

As horrible as it is to know she is gone, this is good to know that it may have been an accident rather than a despicable act of another person.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My cousin knew the lady in here Columbus that was found in the river. It is very odd circumstances but the detectives have said they don't suspect foul play. Hopefully we'll find out more tomorrow after autopsy.

Since I found out Friday night about her it has really bothered me. As well as the Delphi murders since they happened.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My suspicion is that the Columbus situation was a suicide. A note or something would be about the only way I can think of to rule out foul play so quickly. Or some sort of immediately recognizable medical issue that I can't think of.

The longer the Delphi thing goes without some sort of public break, the more difficult it will become, I'm afraid. :(

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    This video gives a layout of the land and a probable explanation of how the events went leading up to the murders.
    I don't know why the narrator has a creepy british robot voice.

[video=youtube;HH3twaMV9Fg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3twaMV9Fg[/video]

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    My suspicion is that the Columbus situation was a suicide. A note or something would be about the only way I can think of to rule out foul play so quickly. Or some sort of immediately recognizable medical issue that I can't think of.

The longer the Delphi thing goes without some sort of public break, the more difficult it will become, I'm afraid. :(

If LE has a short snip of him walking they should release it, if possible. It was mentioned earlier that a persons gate can be very identifiable and that is quite true.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If LE has a short snip of him walking they should release it, if possible. It was mentioned earlier that a persons gate can be very identifiable and that is quite true.
    I agree. (In fact, I think I was the one who mentioned it.)

Unless they are on this guy's heels and are being super-disciplined, IMHO they need to ratchet up the pressure and give more info.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    This video gives a layout of the land and a probable explanation of how the events went leading up to the murders.
    I don't know why the narrator has a creepy british robot voice.

[video=youtube;HH3twaMV9Fg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3twaMV9Fg[/video]
    Creepy video. At this point I hope they release more audio/video.

Top Bottom