• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    The use of force is supposed to be a last resort, not a first response.
    We are not in Afghanistan.
    I am sure one of the google masters here could quote terrorism for me.
    By definition, is this not what the Swat team is guilty of?

I said the word "Gespato" earlier in this thread and it was suggested that I relocate. Apparently the Websters definition doesn't apply and we can only use that word to refer specifically to the Germans. Being that the case... The invisible ink rules here also say that it is not permitted to refer to anyone's actions as terrorist unless you are referring specifically to Maximilien Robespierre and the Jacobins. Please erase your previous post.

Thank you.

Oh, and maybe I am slow, but I read a quote today from Sheriff Dupnik that says he doesn't know if they will ever unseal documents relating to this case because it could peoples' lives at danger. Sounds convenient.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    So you any good at being a cop?

I'm good at whatever I do expect golf. I try to be the best at whatever. Cop, mail man, making trinkets in a factory. You put a gun at me I am going to fire and continue firing until the the firearm is dropped.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm good at whatever I do expect golf. I try to be the best at whatever. Cop, mail man, making trinkets in a factory. You put a gun at me I am going to fire and continue firing until the the firearm is dropped.

What if you point one at me? Can I shoot you until you drop yours?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    So its kosher to point a weapon at someone if your in a defensive position and the safety is on. I get it now.

You were being sarcastic here, yes? Which is funny, seeing what comes next.

You put a gun at me I am going to fire and continue firing until the the firearm is dropped.

:orly:

First you try to make it sound like defending your home, weapon pointed and ready, with the safety on, is totally unreasonable, then you turn around and say you would take it a step further, and upon you seeing someone pointing a gun at you (Eight LEOs breaching your front door, weapons pointed at you), you will fire and continue until the firearm is dropped?

Make up your mind, we'll gladly welcome you in the "Defend your home with the use of arms, against ANY unwelcome invader" camp.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    The ironic thing is that the "criminal" in this case showed more restraint than SWAT when it came down to pulling the trigger...

Makes you wonder who the actual criminal really is...

SWAT bust down the guy's door all jacked up on Mountain Dew and adrenaline looking for a reason to pull the trigger. God forbid a man try to protect his wife and kid in his own home.

If they were worried about some theft ring why not do a little investigating, gather evidence, and bring him in for questioning after a traffic stop?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    The ironic thing is that the "criminal" in this case showed more restraint than SWAT when it came down to pulling the trigger...

Makes you wonder who the actual criminal really is...

SWAT bust down the guy's door all jacked up on Mountain Dew and adrenaline looking for a reason to pull the trigger. God forbid a man try to protect his wife and kid in his own home.

If they were worried about some theft ring why not do a little investigating, gather evidence, and bring him in for questioning after a traffic stop?

If they would have pulled him over, he would have called his friends and/or wife to quickly flush that picture of the boogyman thus destroying all evidence..

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    So its kosher to point a weapon at someone if your in a defensive position and the safety is on. I get it now.

If I'm in my home, yes.

Tell you what. Let's say that 8 men are pounding the Hades out of your door and you have your wife and child at home. Do you honestly expect us to believe that you'll stand there, without attempting to defend yourself, let alone your FAMILY, as armed men break through your door? Seriously?

Guerena did as he should have---he took up a DEFENSIVE position after securing his family, and left his firearm on SAFE while assessing the situation.

Furthermore, this Department has proven that they can't be trusted. Are we supposed to just take their word that the firearm was actually pointed at an officer before they shot him? It seems a bit too convenient.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    If I'm in my home, yes.

Tell you what. Let's say that 8 men are pounding the Hades out of your door and you have your wife and child at home. Do you honestly expect us to believe that you'll stand there, without attempting to defend yourself, let alone your FAMILY, as armed men break through your door? Seriously?

Guerena did as he should have---he took up a DEFENSIVE position after securing his family, and left his firearm on SAFE while assessing the situation.

Furthermore, this Department has proven that they can't be trusted. Are we supposed to just take their word that the firearm was actually pointed at an officer before they shot him? It seems a bit too convenient.

Crouching can also be a offensive position. You keep saying he took a defensive position. I never read that only that he was crouching. If he knew there were 8 men at the door he knew they were swat. Oh swats here think ill get a gun. They wear identifying uniforms. He would have seen the vehicles. Your trying to set up unlikely circumstances that make it sound like this guy was Mr. innocent. If this story is fabricated thats something totally different. As it reads the shooting was justified. The only think I would take concerned with would be failing to render aid after the shooting.

Top Bottom