• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If the current culture of the WH persists, he's doomed to fail. The Chief of Staff is the gatekeeper to the president. You go through him to get to the president. Do you think that this will happen? Look at his cabinet and advisors, and let me know how successful you think he can be in that role?
    There will be no in between on this one. To borrow a line from the Air Force song, to live in fame or go down in flames.

To achieve the rank and position that General Kelly held doesn't come without the knowledge of the staff world. He understands very large, bureaucratic organizations like the military and definitely like unified combatant commands. From what I know about USSOUTHCOM The White House will probably be easy to him . It's just a matter of the rest of them being willing to work with him. If he takes care of business, he will be there a while. Which is more than I can say for Scaramucci

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    There will be no in between on this one. To borrow a line from the Air Force song, to live in fame or go down in flames.

To achieve the rank and position that General Kelly held doesn't come without the knowledge of the staff world. He understands very large, bureaucratic organizations like the military and definitely like unified combatant commands. From what I know about USSOUTHCOM The White House will probably be easy to him . It's just a matter of the rest of them being willing to work with him. If he takes care of business, he will be there a while. Which is more than I can say for Scaramucci

The thing is, is that the Scaramucci thing is a Trump thing. No way somebody who works for the President does that kind of thing and remains working for the President if the President himself didn't sanction it. Frankly I find it hard to believe Trump didn't ask him to do it. The good thing is that history has shown that from time to time a good Chief of Staff can make a big diffrence. No way Kelley is as politically savvy as James Baker, but it would be nice if Trump would listen to him and some semblance of order could be brought to this Administration. Really can anyone ever remember an Administration ever being in this sort of disarray?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The thing is, is that the Scaramucci thing is a Trump thing. No way somebody who works for the President does that kind of thing and remains working for the President if the President himself didn't sanction it. Frankly I find it hard to believe Trump didn't ask him to do it. The good thing is that history has shown that from time to time a good Chief of Staff can make a big diffrence. No way Kelley is as politically savvy as James Baker, but it would be nice if Trump would listen to him and some semblance of order could be brought to this Administration. Really can anyone ever remember an Administration ever being in this sort of disarray?

24 hour news cycle and it gets ratings. I'd wager most WH Staffs are Charlie Foxtrots at best. Bringing in someone who is not a "politician" (4-Stars have dealt with politics for years and any time they are above base-level) may work since there are a lot of non-politicians to ride-herd over.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    24 hour news cycle and it gets ratings. I'd wager most WH Staffs are Charlie Foxtrots at best. Bringing in someone who is not a "politician" (4-Stars have dealt with politics for years and any time they are above base-level) may work since there are a lot of non-politicians to ride-herd over.

The Chief Staff or any staff for that matter can only be as good as what the one in charge. Sorry but Trump choose the people he chose initially and he's ultimately responsible for whatever happens. Choosing Scaramucci like he did only shows the type of dysfunction he's into. If it wasn't setup by Trump he certainly hasn't let him go. Yes, people wanted something different. But really where the looking for this kind of dysfunction?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. Maybe Scaramucci can figure out this gig on the job. I'll bet he knows how "on-the-record" works now.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Well anybody willing to volunteer to serve in Trump's cabinet? It certainly appears they could use some good people and are short manned. First you have to be willing to be publicly humiliated by your new boss as that also seems to come with the job as well.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That creates an interesting issue.

Let's say Trump fires Sessions (which, as executive, he has that authority). Then, the Senate blocks the appointment of any new AG. For practical purposes, it seems like that would freeze the political-related investigations/prosecutions. There would be an Acting AG, who would be completely beholden to Trump.

As an aside, doesn't it kinda seem like all these personnel issues are being handled like an extended version of the Apprentice?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Let's say Trump fires Sessions (which, as executive, he has that authority). Then, the Senate blocks the appointment of any new AG. For practical purposes, it seems like that would freeze the political-related investigations/prosecutions. There would be an Acting AG, who would be completely beholden to Trump.

As an aside, doesn't it kinda seem like all these personnel issues are being handled like an extended version of the Apprentice?

Oh he has his out... place Sessions over Homeland Security, and put in a stooge at AG.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

The acting one is the deputy who assigned special prosecutor and should have been fired

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    WTF??? The Mooch is gone!

And if that's not enough, General Kelly (it was leaked) apparently called Comey after his firing to express his displeasure.

What the hell is going on in the WH? Did Kelly want the Mooch gone? Was the Mooch trying to save his marriage? Was the Mooch there just to put an old school mafia hit job on Reince?

Top Bottom