• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Curious as to what logic you use to reach your conclusion.

Scaramucci was part of the swamp? And are you familiar with how generals get their stars? ;)

I didn't ever say he was you just assumed I meant him initially. I was commenting on all of the babbling you guys were doing before my post crying about Trump.
    But when you commented and I responded that I disagreed, since you brought up his name I said yes he's part of the swamp.
    He's been part of the machine. Not even a Trump supporter and then he goes full throttle talking to a reporter. Being part of a Republican administration for one but knowing the stripes of reporters he should have known better. Whenever you become the story because of ego you've just ****ed up and need fired. He got fired.
    Yes I know how generals get their stars. I also know there are good ones and Washington did his own closed door meetings to become head of the continental Army and President. Don't believe everything you read in the history books. Personal ambition isn't a bad thing as long as it doesn't come before country.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Which draws into question his ability to choose good people, correct?

How many can you site who have hired and fired more people than Trump?
    However of course, the NeverTrumpers will certainly question this as they do everything else. It's a nice break from Russia, Russia, Russia...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You didn't vote for him and were ready to throw him out before he even got elected. You're a Democrat. Shocker

You are walking backwards through the swamp again. I said I'd support him as president unless and until he proved otherwise.

He's proved otherwise. I admire your stubborness. Can't wait to hear the excuses when he's booted out of office.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There is no hypocrisy in saying both that he was better than the alternative and that he is doing the job poorly.

His primary task is to be an executive. That is the one area people thought he do well. He is not doing well at that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There is no hypocrisy in saying both that he was better than the alternative and that he is doing the job poorly.

His primary task is to be an executive. That is the one area people thought he do well. He is not doing well at that.

Oh c'mon, Trump isn't responsible for anything. How dare you accuse him of being in a position to take responsibility for what goes on in his administration. One thing I've learned in the last couple pages of posts is that the buck always stops somewhere else....because.....Trump!

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If Trump ragequits, that's not the same as getting booted.

I need him to last another year and a half or so.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You are walking backwards through the swamp again. I said I'd support him as president unless and until he proved otherwise.

He's proved otherwise. I admire your stubborness. Can't wait to hear the excuses when he's booted out of office.

You're living in a false reality. He Will have 8 years and probably get more votes in the next election than this one. Booted out lol. Even Clinton didn't get booted out and he actually did things to get removed. Let alone Obama.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You're living in a false reality. He Will have 8 years and probably get more votes in the next election than this one. Booted out lol. Even Clinton didn't get booted out and he actually did things to get removed. Let alone Obama.

Quoted for posterity. Assuming Trump doesn't get bored (or angry) and quit, he won't even run for a second term.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Did you bet a specific date or an over/under?
    ha

Sorta.

For Pence to get 2 terms of his own, Trump needs to last until 2 years and a day after his inauguration. Otherwise, we only get 6 of Pence instead of 10. Which, granted, may be a "devil you know" issue. But I know 2 things for certain:
    - It would be better than this.
    - It would be better than HRC.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    WTF??? The Mooch is gone!

Ah, man! I was just enjoying the **** show. Dude complains about the press reporting **** HE leaked! How much more entertaining could he get?

Don't know who "the rest of us" are, but I can tell you the majority of folks I come across are happy with Trump and thanking God he won over the alternative. Yes, he's not a polished politician. Know what? I don't care!

Probably you're not hearing a representative cross-section of the population.

Pretty simple. They failed to do their job. :dunno:

Eh, I kinda suspect it has more to do with Breitbart's Trump/social engineering piece done at Bannon's request. Scaramucci made it known that he doesn't like Bannon. So next thing you know Breitbart puts out a piece talking about how much attention Scaramucci is getting, implying that Scaramucci is encroaching in on Trump's "me" time. Ain't no way Trump's going to put up with a n00b taking his air time.

Which draws into question his ability to choose good people, correct?

Well, there's that too.

I can tell you I'm going to do a great job for you, then sit on my hands.

A good judge of character would know whether you sit on your hands or not. Scarramucci was not ousted for sitting on his hands. If anything, it was the opposite. He gets in there and starts telling the press he's going to fire everyone. Trump's like "Oh no you di'n't, girl."

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    ha

Sorta.

For Pence to get 2 terms of his own, Trump needs to last until 2 years and a day after his inauguration. Otherwise, we only get 6 of Pence instead of 10. Which, granted, may be a "devil you know" issue. But I know 2 things for certain:
    - It would be better than this.
    - It would be better than HRC.

When I first knocked on doors with Mike Pence he was just a former radio host. I knew after his first campaign for Congress and as I got to know him more over the years this man would run for President one day and probably win. I still believe he will be president and he will make a good one. But after 8 years of Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's not a certainty that Trump will be booted out. I've seen very little evidence that the Dems are willing to nominate a sane candidate either. A "social justice" identitarian type candidate just isn't going to fly with a **** ton of voters. Bernie, if he can keep breathing that long, is very vulnerable given the 1%'er he turned out to be. Not too hard to smear that. And I'm not sure the Democratic party hasn't moved further left of even him. He's too white, and too male. Democrats will probably want to nominate a certain "native American" woman to run for POTUS, that's lefter than Sanders.

Trump is in a unique position here. Because the Democrats have gone completely bat **** crazy, this allows for Trump to do almost anything he wants and still have a very large chunk of Americans say, yeah. Okay. Trump is really, really, bad. But the alternative is even worse.

Double or Nothin' ?

I don't think I'd take that bet either way. it's hard to say how much political capital not being a "social justice" freak of nature buys Trump. It's a lot. But it's probably not unlimited. If somehow Dems figure out that this hard pull to the left isn't working for them--and a LOT of liberals are trying to make that case, they might run someone who is seen as a viable alternative to Trump's nonsense.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ...............I don't think I'd take that bet either way. it's hard to say how much political capital not being a "social justice" freak of nature buys Trump. It's a lot. But it's probably not unlimited. If somehow Dems figure out that this hard pull to the left isn't working for them--and a LOT of liberals are trying to make that case, they might run someone who is seen as a viable alternative to Trump's nonsense.

Oh, as far as 2020 goes, that remains to be seen.
    I've just heard rumblings here that he is not going to last through the first term.
    I ready to make my bet that he does.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I'm sorry but this situation points to shortcomings of Trump. I'll give him one or two mistaken appointments, but...seriously, this is ridiculous. Either Trump appointed asshats that couldn't do a good job, or he is mistakenly allowing the firing his good appointments. I would be suspicious of someone continuing to "blindly" sing the praises of Trump without tempering the love with a little reality.

That said, there were only two choices on election day and the other one still looks just as bad. There's no going back even if someone wanted to, just gotta keep moving forward and hopefully accomplish some stability.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, as far as 2020 goes, that remains to be seen.
    I've just heard rumblings here that he is not going to last through the first term.
    I ready to make my bet that he does.

Oh. No way I'd bet on that happening before the 2020 election.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm sorry but this situation points to shortcomings of Trump. I'll give him one or two mistaken appointments, but...seriously, this is ridiculous. Either Trump appointed asshats that couldn't do a good job, or he is mistakenly allowing the firing his good appointments. I would be suspicious of someone continuing to "blindly" sing the praises of Trump without tempering the love with a little reality.

That said, there were only two choices on election day and the other one still looks just as bad. There's no going back even if someone wanted to, just gotta keep moving forward and hopefully accomplish some stability.

Yep. It's ridiculous. Crazy. Bad. All that. I'm still not wishing I could change my vote to Hillary. That's even worse.

Top Bottom