• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He re-directs via twitter. A guy the other night pointed out that when a story breaks that says something unflattering about him, he almost immediately attacks them, personally (an more importantly without any proof), on twitter. The Boeing tweet...oh wait, now the Carrier tweet, are the most recent examples.

I'm not sure it's a grand scheme or just knee-jerk-happenstance that tends to work out in his favor. You and I tended to take him literally during the campaign. So does the media now. It's that he's wearing them out by keeping a new news cycle going before they have time to work the last one(s). And like Obama and the Clintons showed us, one way to make a problem "go away" is to bring new ones to light. That's what he's doing. Like I said, I'm not sure if its some stroke of genius or what but it's interesting to watch it work.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not sure it's a grand scheme or just knee-jerk-happenstance that tends to work out in his favor. You and I tended to take him literally during the campaign. So does the media now. It's that he's wearing them out by keeping a new news cycle going before they have time to work the last one(s). And like Obama and the Clintons showed us, one way to make a problem "go away" is to bring new ones to light. That's what he's doing. Like I said, I'm not sure if its some stroke of genius or what but it's interesting to watch it work.

He could go a LONG way, with me, if he said exactly what he meant.... none of this negotiable stuff, stayed off twitter, and stopped with the hyperbole. I was asked to give him a chance, but I'm not giving a president a chance whose every statement is "open to interpretation." That's not leadership, that's a way out of failure. I'd much rather have president that says something clear, and fails in doing so, than one who says something cryptic and then takes credited for it, "if you interpret a certain way."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are they? They just are presented with more opportunities, of which many take advantage of. You disagree that kids from ridiculously rich kids have a leg up on the competition?

I would say it like this. A person with Trump's abilities would unlikely have the same success that he has now. That's not saying that he doesn't have the abilities to be successful if he weren't born into wealth. Some rich kids never make anything of themselves. He has some skills that that helped him succeed. He has drive. He has an ability to read people, and know what they want. He's shrewd. He has the courage to try. That in itself tends to make people more successful.

I have little doubt that if he'd have still been able to learn how to do all that, he'd still end up being well off. Not like billionaire well off. Maybe just car dealership wealthy.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    THE MEDIA following a President Trump tweet..........

[video=youtube;gQ24Us0tu-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ24Us0tu-U[/video]

trumppointing_600x400.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Give or take several bankrupt businesses.

so, he got where is now because of his upbringing and thanks to the lucky sperm club, but at the same time he had several bankruptcies. see, you can only claim he was born into it if he was immediately and always successful. If he had failures and recovered, that's on him.

To many Trump will never be legitimate. No matter he won the presidency, was a self-made billionaire, employs tens of thousands of people. To them I say: scoreboard

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He could go a LONG way, with me, if he said exactly what he meant.... none of this negotiable stuff, stayed off twitter, and stopped with the hyperbole. I was asked to give him a chance, but I'm not giving a president a chance whose every statement is "open to interpretation." That's not leadership, that's a way out of failure. I'd much rather have president that says something clear, and fails in doing so, than one who says something cryptic and then takes credited for it, "if you interpret a certain way."

I'm with you here. It makes life a lot easier when I deal with people that do this. But that's not what we have been awarded. I like Ben Shapiro's take: Good Trump/Bad Trump. He's doing some things I tend to find positive == Good Trump. And he's doing a few things I find not-so-positive == Bad Trump. I'll have no compunction calling him out on issues and circumstances where goes "bad Trump". But he's not all "bad Trump"....yet.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm with you here. It makes life a lot easier when I deal with people that do this. But that's not what we have been awarded. I like Ben Shapiro's take: Good Trump/Bad Trump. He's doing some things I tend to find positive == Good Trump. And he's doing a few things I find not-so-positive == Bad Trump. I'll have no compunction calling him out on issues and circumstances where goes "bad Trump". But he's not all "bad Trump"....yet.

<sigh/>

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GodFearinGunTotin again.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    so, he got where is now because of his upbringing and thanks to the lucky sperm club, but at the same time he had several bankruptcies. see, you can only claim he was born into it if he was immediately and always successful. If he had failures and recovered, that's on him.

To many Trump will never be legitimate. No matter he won the presidency, was a self-made billionaire, employs tens of thousands of people. To them I say: scoreboard

Does he? Where are these tens of thousands of people? Hint: he doesn't own that many hotels and golf courses.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's going to be a fun 4 years........

[video=youtube;C1AHec7sfZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1AHec7sfZ8[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How many private companies publish their numbers for all to see? None that I know of.

what is the trump stock symbol again?

Hey Mr. Trump has employees in China, Indonesia, Netherlands, Slovenia, India, Mexico, Vietnam, Scotland, Dubai. So I think it's completely fair, since it was asked, exactly how many of those jobs are American, as article you posted is silent on the issue.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No, it is completely irrelevant. That was brought up to highlight the fact that he is successful in his own right, having nothing to do with his birth position. You continually move the goal posts when you lose an argument and then make it look like the other person is the one doing it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Does he? Where are these tens of thousands of people? Hint: he doesn't own that many hotels and golf courses.
    Goal post position 1. No mention made if these were/are American jobs.

And these are all American employees?
    Goal post postition #2. American jobs now specified, even though it was never claimed that all his employees were American.

No, it is completely irrelevant. That was brought up to highlight the fact that he is successful in his own right, having nothing to do with his birth position. You continually move the goal posts when you lose an argument and then make it look like the other person is the one doing it.

f7FdEdG.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom