• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ill just point out that we could know the actual numbers if Trump was transparent. He's not, so we don't know. A guess is all that's available. Which obviously doesn't cut it.
    A transparent president. What does that even look like?

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    A transparent president. What does that even look like?

0955d25e9fe219c92d1136ad94ec7f90579574766a0e7e337fc09b9e3d8f09fd.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Where is it we are scoring the NeverTrumpers hits and misses?

We'll start the count when they get 1 right. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Not sure if you count me in that group, but I was right about Indiana going bigly for Trump. :)

Never thought that I'd see Michigan and Wisconsin go for a Republican nominee in my lifetime. Trump absolutely accomplished something historic.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not sure if you count me in that group, but I was right about Indiana going bigly for Trump. :)

Never thought that I'd see Michigan and Wisconsin go for a Republican nominee in my lifetime. Trump absolutely accomplished something historic.

Well, foreign intervention, a epically bad opponent, a tv star, and a whole bunch of "interpretive" promises may have helped.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The foriegn intervention helped the public know just how bad the opposing candidate was. That doesn't justify foreign intervention but it doesn't make the truths revealed any less true.

Heavier voting from rual areas helped. Lighter voting in urban areas helped. The left, including the press, the president, the candidate, insulting those rual voters had an impact too. Something has to motivate families to drive 20 miles to wait in line for a couple of hours to ghet their turn to cast their vote against another 8 years of ridicule.

If they don't want to repeat that again, maybe they should ditch Alinsky instead of doubling down.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The foriegn intervention helped the public know just how bad the opposing candidate was. That doesn't justify foreign intervention but it doesn't make the truths revealed any less true.

Heavier voting from rual areas helped. Lighter voting in urban areas helped. The left, including the press, the president, the candidate, insulting those rual voters had an impact too. Something has to motivate families to drive 20 miles to wait in line for a couple of hours to ghet their turn to cast their vote against another 8 years of ridicule.

If they don't want to repeat that again, maybe they should ditch Alinsky instead of doubling down.

Eliminating 800+ voting locations since 2012 probably didn't hurt either.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

The reasons for that were not voter suppression like you are claiming.

My county recently went to vote centers. You can vote at ANY location, no more specific poll location. Voting got even easier.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    "Voter suppression" :rolleyes: talk is one of those PC liberal myths that helped the Donald to win this time. Regular people are tired of that :poop:.

I just this week spoke with a lady who worked on early voting in Monroe County. She said something I had not heard otherwise. Said that she assisted too many to count, "old people" coming in to register for the first time ever to vote for Trump.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    that was my own fault. Had I stayed at the first place I went to I would have been fine. Line was longer at the second place

You sir are commended....how often will anyone admit it was one's own fault these days....especially on an internet forum

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Kinda wish we would go with Voting Centers....I have to drive by a Polls down the street and go to the other end of town. Why?? Because that Polling Place covers town on the west side of the main street and I live on the east side of the same street.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Kinda wish we would go with Voting Centers....I have to drive by a Polls down the street and go to the other end of town. Why?? Because that Polling Place covers town on the west side of the main street and I live on the east side of the same street.

Oh, it's awesome. I move locations depending on how busy it looks when I drive by or what side of town I'm on during election day. Very very convenient.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So you're saying that the reason for not coming out to vote for Hillary was because 800 voting locations were eliminated, and not because the Democrats nominated a ****ing criminal?

You know I've heard a lot of people tell me that they didn't vote, and none of them said that the reason was because they closed the place they used to vote at. They all said they couldn't stand either candidate, so they didn't bother voting. Every. single. one. I know, not representative. But every. single. one.

My county recently went to vote centers. You can vote at ANY location, no more specific poll location. Voting got even easier.

Yeah, for most people it did. People can now vote at places along there route to/from work, or the grocery, or bank or school. Shut-ins would have needed a ride anyway. I just don't see that having any appreciable impact on turnout. If you want to vote, and you're registered, you're going to vote.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Oh, my mistake. Removing 800 polling locations was meant to make voting easier.

Top Bottom