• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    No, if you really want to succeed, you appoint the person you believe is the best for the job, you don't anticipatorily capitulate due to fears that the appointment will be more difficult.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, if you really want to succeed, you appoint the person you believe is the best for the job, you don't anticipatorily capitulate due to fears that the appointment will be more difficult.

Oh, if it's just about qualifications then, we have nothing to fear. Certainly Trump wouldn't appoint an imbecile like Sarah Palin to head VA. Bridges to nowhere and worn out catch phrases won't fix what's wrong with it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Oh, if it's just about qualifications then, we have nothing to fear. Certainly Trump wouldn't appoint an imbecile like Sarah Palin to head VA. Bridges to nowhere and worn out catch phrases won't fix what's wrong with it.

You may not agree with Palin, but she's not an "imbicile." Such folks rarely get elected to state governorships. Personally, I'm not sure God His Ownself could straighten out the VA, but at least Palin would go into it with the right attitude: "You folks are F--ked Up and Heads Will Roll until you get UnF--ked."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You may not agree with Palin, but she's not an "imbicile." Such folks rarely get elected to state governorships. Personally, I'm not sure God His Ownself could straighten out the VA, but at least Palin would go into it with the right attitude: "You folks are F--ked Up and Heads Will Roll until you get UnF--ked."

Technically, you're right, Palin is not a imbecile. However, it IS fair to say that she's a quitter, an opportunist, and not a fan of the Carrier deal. Odds are, she won't be heading the VA.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Technically, you're right, Palin is not a imbecile. However, it IS fair to say that she's a quitter, an opportunist, and not a fan of the Carrier deal. Odds are, she won't be heading the VA.

I think she has somewhat above average IQ. I'm using the Forest Gump interpretation. "Imbecile is as imbecile does"

But yeah, "opportunist" works too. I'm not sure she could find something self-motivating enough in the VA to make her accidentally fix it.

Perhaps you can tell I don't think very highly of Mrs. Palin. And I don't even watch Saturday Night Live.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I think she has somewhat above average IQ. I'm using the Forest Gump interpretation. "Imbecile is as imbecile does"

But yeah, "opportunist" works too. I'm not sure she could find something self-motivating enough in the VA to make her accidentally fix it.

Perhaps you can tell I don't think very highly of Mrs. Palin. And I don't even watch Saturday Night Live.

I was a Palin fan when she came on the scene during McCain's run. She was a breath of fresh air compared to the establishment drones we were having foisted on us by the parties. She's not an idiot. I think it was a mistake for her to resign as governor of Alaska. And it's now obvious she's another political opportunist. She's still no idiot but not someone I'd trust to an elected office with what I've seen since she quit on Alaska.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was a Palin fan when she came on the scene during McCain's run. She was a breath of fresh air compared to the establishment drones we were having foisted on us by the parties. She's not an idiot. I think it was a mistake for her to resign as governor of Alaska. And it's now obvious she's another political opportunist. She's still no idiot but not someone I'd trust to an elected office with what I've seen since she quit on Alaska.

This is why you can't trust politicians just because they talk like normal folks and say the things normal folks say. Turns out it's makes a pretty good ruse.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Didn't she quit in Alaska because the liberals were harassing her with lawsuits? I recall something to the effect that an elected official being sued up there has to pay for their own lawyers. Supposedly Alaska has a weird political situation. Never delved into it too much.

As far as being an opportunist, I consider it just trying to better your situation. Has she ever done anything illegal or immoral?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Didn't she quit in Alaska because the liberals were harassing her with lawsuits? I recall something to the effect that an elected official being sued up there has to pay for their own lawyers. Supposedly Alaska has a weird political situation. Never delved into it too much.

As far as being an opportunist, I consider it just trying to better your situation. Has she ever done anything illegal or immoral?

TV evangelists are always trying to better their situation too.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Apparently he has to be pardoned to take the position.

I don't believe he has to be pardoned to take the position. But most likely would be due to the fact that he can't travel at the minimum out of the country (not sure about out of his state of residence) without prior approval from his probation officer.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm quite happy.

jHnQFk.jpg

Warning: Strong Marine Language
    [video=youtube;HHh6ciCGEdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHh6ciCGEdw[/video]

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

are you joking? She tried to block the first black president and therefore she's a racist

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I work at the VA Med Center in Indy and I don't disagree with your view. My teeny-teeny tiny little part of it is pretty damn squared away, believe that. When you've got a guy like we have as the VA Secretary (former P&G CEO, West Point grad and former Ranger) and he can't make any headway I wonder who could fix this mess. Maybe Vito Corleone?

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I certainly approve of Trump's choices so far, but I don't like the idea of Romney for Secretary of State.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    are you joking? She tried to block the first black president and therefore she's a racist

Sometimes I wonder if you guys ever get tired of interjecting something racial that has absolutely no relevance to the topic at hand.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Sarah Palin wasn't the subject at hand but speaking of her.... she's sure good at making the clueless lose their minds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sarah Palin wasn't the subject at hand but speaking of her.... she's sure good at making the clueless lose their minds.

Hey, I'm just trying to save you from yet another politician pretending to be one of you. As was stated upthread, she's not much more than a clever political opportunist who tickles your ears with common talk. But you should know them by their fruits. Your loyalty is one of the most valuable things you can give. You shouldn't give it away so cheaply. That loyalty should cost her way more than you hearing her say what you want to hear.

Top Bottom