• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Because people who act irresponsibly with classified information make the best Secretaries of State? :dunno:

we should have Hillary's maid throw her hat into the ring. She's likely at least bilingual and she was not known to share the classified documents she grabbed off the printer with anyone else

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    he got shafted. I would have voted to acquit. Trump should pardon him and Snowdentrump should totally vacate the ruling

So a little honey pot gives him something to stick his dipstick in, and so now it's okay to share classified info? Would you say "meh" if one of Hillary's people got caught doing that?

It just seems like you're excusing what Petraeus did because you see him as on your side. Why do sides matter when we're talking about wrongdoing? Being a hero doesn't give him points he can use to give him a pass on breaking the law.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So a little honey pot gives him something to stick his dipstick in, and so now it's okay to share classified info? Would you say "meh" if one of Hillary's people got caught doing that?

It just seems like you're excusing what Petraeus did because you see him as on your side. Why do sides matter when we're talking about wrongdoing? Being a hero doesn't give him points he can use to give him a pass on breaking the law.
    we will agree to totally disagree on this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    we will agree to totally disagree on this.

Fair enough. I don't want to push the issue, but I am curious about this belief. Is there a limit to what laws heroes get to break? Don't get me wrong. I have great respect people I think are heroes. And I have a lot of respect for Petraeus, and I think he got ****ed. But he participated willingly in the ****ing he got.

Nevertheless, even heroes should have to obey the same laws. That's what makes us a nation of laws and not a nation where some people have to obey all the laws and some people are just too special to have to obey laws.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    James Rosen mentions a juicy tidbit at the 4:00 minute mark. Secretly, Romney may be out of consideration for Secretary of State.

Could it be that all these meetings with Romney are not about Secretary of State but instead working out a deal with Romney or seeking Romney's advice on Donald divesting himself of the Trump Enterprise businesses?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's certainly good theater isn't it? :)

Just a month ago, we were gearing up for Crooked Hillary picking her gun, tax, rights grabbing cabinet. Shudder....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It's certainly good theater isn't it? :)

Just a month ago, we were gearing up for Crooked Hillary picking her gun, tax, rights grabbing cabinet. Shudder....

You realize you only have about 6 weeks to keep coming back to that right? :)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    From Wikipedia,

In the 15 page statement of facts filed by the government along with the plea agreement, the government stated that Petraeus had provided Broadwell access to documents containing Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information, had later moved those documents to his personal residence and stored them in an unsecured drawer, and had deliberately and intentionally lied to Federal investigators about both providing Broadwell access to the documents and their improper storage. These facts were acknowledged to be true by Petraeus as part of his plea agreement

If that is all true, Petraeus could serve a lesser role perhaps but I would not put him at the Cabinet level.

Then there is this:

June 10, 2016, Petraeus and Mark Kelly, a retired NASA astronaut, announced the creation of the gun control group Veterans Coalition for Common Sense

Which would mean an even lesser role.

I would prefer he not be in any role.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think Petraeus was a good general.

Not as good as a man.

Probably not a good political appointment.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Top Bottom