• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OK-

I shall from this point on, refer to the Kenyan as "That Kenyan Putz that was smuggled Illegally to America from Africa".

Does this clarify my definition better? :dunno:

And still, this has nothing to do with the color of "That Kenyan Putz that was smuggled Illegally to America from Africa" skin.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I do think there's more than a nugget of truth to what Kut's saying. There are so many more substantive insults for Obama that to choose "The Kenyan" strongly suggests to me a racial element.

Kut may not be a moderator....But he is MY moderator...Kut is consistent and because of that I post better when I think Kut aka Santa Claus is around...Not because I am afraid of offending kut...But because I don't want to let Kut down by stooping lower than need be....

Kut makes me a better online persona and since I have adopted the WWKD? attitude I have had nary a warning...

Viva La Kut!!!! (And Zapata...)

There are 67,000 white Kenyans....Apparently love is color blind....

black-woman-white-man.jpg

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In conversations that go back leading up to the election in 2012, Dave has consistently applied "the Kenyan" to a belief that Obama is not a natural born citizen. That is no more racist than calling Cruz a Canadian.

What do you think people would rather be called, a Kenyan or a Canadian?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut may not be a moderator....But he is MY moderator...Kut is consistent and because of that I post better when I think Kut aka Santa Claus is around...Not because I am afraid of offending kut...But because I don't want to let Kut down by stooping lower than need be....

Kut makes me a better online persona and since I have adopted the WWKD? attitude I have had nary a warning...

Viva La Kut!!!! (And Zapata...)

And FYI there are MANY white Kenyans....

Woot, woot! I appreciate that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In conversations that go back leading up to the election in 2012, Dave has consistently applied "the Kenyan" to a belief that Obama is not a natural born citizen. That is no more racist than calling Cruz a Canadian.
    Really?

What "race"* comes to mind when I say "Canada"? As opposed to "Kenya."

I think it uncredible to say that there is no racial component to "The Kenyan" as a label. It may not be the primary intent, but that doesn't eliminate the racial element.

So the question becomes, why would the utterer use that pejorative and not another? The Foreigner. The NonAmerican. (Because, really, the evidence of Kenyan birth is actually less than the evidence of American birth. Which, itself, leads to another assessment of why choose that pejoritive.) Plus, there is no doubt that he has an American parent. So, he actually can claim US citizenship regardless of geography. That may or may not make him ineligible to be president, but it doesn't change that he is a US citizen.

* I put "race" in quotes to reflect my own personal view that "race" is itself nearly impossible to define and is instead shorthand for skin color and the prejudices associated with it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There is, and there isn't. Canadians are alot like us; Kenyans are about as far away as you can get in terms of history, race, language, socioeconomics, etc.

And I think that hits at something else with the whole Birther movement. If you can portray him as foreign born, then you can brand him freely as un-American and not have to accept that other Americans have a different opinion as to how the country should be run. It's a psychological tactic to create as much difference between you and your opponent. Anything you can do in your mind to vilify your opponent will make you feel better about your own opposition.

"I don't like the way he runs things; that's not American Therefore, he is not an American."

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    When I hear "The Kenyan" I don't think race, I think of the last 8 years of a group of people trying to get at the POTUS birth certificate and that whole not-eligible-to-be-president thing....citizenship....rules...all that.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When I say, "I met a Kenyan today." Describe the physical attributes of the man I met.

You went to D.C. today?

Oh, that's right, he is in Elkhart today taking credit for the trailer factories getting back on their feet.

So you went to Elkhart today?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Honestly, you've spoken crosswise so many times, I have no clue.

I do think there's more than a nugget of truth to what Kut's saying. There are so many more substantive insults for Obama that to choose "The Kenyan" strongly suggests to me a racial element.

When I call him the Kenyan it is not a racial slam it is a knock on the question of his birth place....no more, no less.
    I had high hopes this man would work towards unity in society. He has the tools for this. He chose to widen the already existing gap to divert the sheep from what they were really doing. It has worked pretty well so far.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    When I call him the Kenyan it is not a racial slam it is a knock on the question of his birth place....no more, no less.
    I had high hopes this man would work towards unity in society. He has the tools for this. He chose to widen the already existing gap to divert the sheep from what they were really doing. It has worked pretty well so far.

Nope, all lies. You're a racist. /purple

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I merely meant that's what the phrase has come to mean in the last 8 years. Prior to 2008...I probably would have thought of a distance runner too...probably black.

I know what you meant Liver Eating....I just wanted to remind folks of the finest runners in the world and used your post as a segue for my own post...Sorry brother...:ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom