• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When I hear "The Kenyan" I don't think race, I think of the last 8 years of a group of people trying to get at the POTUS birth certificate and that whole not-eligible-to-be-president thing....citizenship....rules...all that.

Yeah, well there's that. Regardless the phrase "The Kenyan," is meant as somewhat of a pejorative. Not only is it a slap to the President, but to anyone who actually is Kenyan, due to the negative connotation associated with Obama.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    When I call him the Kenyan it is not a racial slam it is a knock on the question of his birth place....no more, no less.
    I accept your assertion, and Dave's, at face value. I have no reason to doubt you.

But, even with that, neither you nor he can divorce the reality of what people associate with "Kenyans" - you just can't. Meaning it to be different, wishing it to be different, thinking about it different, does not make it different.

And with that, to echo GPIAShvensuhruhunhg's post, the continued beating of this dead horse, in the wrong thread for such a beating, has crossed from the absurd to the banal.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Bowing in Japan is a sign of respect but can also indicate the relative status of the individuals by the depth of their bow. So what should we make of this given that one is ostensibly the most powerful man in the world?

Need we go into his performance in Ryadh

He's an amateur at foreign politics.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ok. That's pretty f'n ironic. :D

Well, Trump brought the Miss USA pageant to Gary....that's either brilliance or should be the death knell for his campaign. I can't figure out which.

There was something quite surreal about watching William Shatner narrate the swimsuit competition...which was held at a steel mill.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think everybody's focusing on the wrong word. I do not see any issues with calling Obama Kenyan. I think it's the use of the definite article that causes the phrase to appear with a racial context. This is true whether or not the speaker intends it.

Using Kenyan in place of American would be entirely acceptable. Using the phrase "the Kenyan" in place of a proper noun can muddle the message.

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Personal opinion noted, but you didn't address the question I asked. Aside from your statement not being quite factual, you haven't illustrated how, if your claim is true, how the military and overall nation has been weakened.

He, has been CUTTING the Military, from day one .....

I am a DAV, and recieved NO RAISE ..... NEITHER did SS reciepients .....

Check on line, about Pres., raises for the Military .....

The "D" always give LOW raises ..... 1.9% or some such .....

CHECK it out .....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom