• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Doh!

The Donald Trump-owned golf course in Miami that has hosted a storied professional golf tournament for the past 55 years lost that event Wednesday when the PGA Tour announced it was moving its elite World Golf Championship out of South Florida. Beginning in 2017, the tournament will be played instead in — of all places — Mexico City.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...625456-2838-11e6-ae4a-3cdd5fe74204_story.html

Trump's response?

I just heard that the PGA Tour is taking their tournament out of Miami and moving it to Mexico. . . . They’re moving it to Mexico City — which, by the way, I hope they have kidnapping insurance. But they’re moving it to Mexico City. And I’m saying, you know, what’s going on here? It’s so sad when you look what’s going on with our country......
    ...If I become your president, this stuff is all going to stop.

What am I missing here? The PGA is moving an event from the course, and Trump somehow thinks he would, as president, have the power to prevent a private business from holding events in wherever the hell they want? I think it's fair question to ask if Trump understands that the president doesn't and shouldn't have that type of power.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Cross-posting this here and the SJW thread, since it's pretty relevant to both.

Interesting take on Milo. Think of him what you will.... I remember what he was like pre-Trump shtick... much more likable.

This article gets pretty detailed on the type of stuff Milo is "about"... so if race and gay stuff bug you, you shouldn't be on the internet.

The sad story of Milo Yiannopoulos: the Trump troll with Daddy issues

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Interesting take on Milo. Think of him what you will.... I remember what he was like pre-Trump shtick... much more likable.

This article gets pretty detailed on the type of stuff Milo is "about"... so if race and gay stuff bug you, you shouldn't be on the internet.

Now I know what it takes to be able to attack a gay person for their choice in partners and to call their choice in partners a "fetish" rather than their choice in whom they prefer to have a relationship with...

Support Trump and your rhinestone festooned "Whatever...I do what I want" card is revoked...Interesting....

Can't wait to see the take down of Dan Savage...Oh wait...He's a Democrat....Can't cross that line.....That would be "hate"....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now I know what it takes to be able to attack a gay person for their choice in partners and to call their choice in partners a "fetish" rather than their choice in whom they prefer to have a relationship with...

Support Trump and your rhinestone festooned "Whatever...I do what I want" card is revoked...Interesting....

Can't wait to see the take down of Dan Savage...Oh wait...He's a Democrat....Can't cross that line.....That would be "hate"....

Heh, do you follow Milo? While I'd normally agree with the "choice of partners" comment... he definitely fetishizes it, makes it part of his persona. A comedic point.

It's probably not worth focusing on as much as the author did, though.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...What am I missing here? The PGA is moving an event from the course, and Trump somehow thinks he would, as president, have the power to prevent a private business from holding events in wherever the hell they want?...

'Cause...Trump!

Yeah, this statement has all the hallmarks of a guy who understands freedom.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Heh, do you follow Milo? It's probably not worth focusing on as much as the author did, though.

Yep...He's a grin a minute.....He's rare in the quickness of his wit and he uses his homosexuality as a shield to say things most folks can't...I don't agree with his lifestyle choice but I admire quick wit and that boy has it in spades....

He was discussing Religion with Atheist Joe Rogan one time....Rogan said to him...."I can't imagine that you think God condones your lifestyle.." And Milo responded, "Probably not...But I am quite certain She thinks I am fabulous..."

I literally spit Dr. Pepper out to my computer....As I said...Quick witted lol....

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Saul Alinsky’s 12 Rules for Radicals

Wow, number 4 and number 12. Milo must be touching a nerve as a Trump supporter. Time to (try) to take him down

In terms you may be more comfortable with

@jkirchick 8153 followers

@Nero 246K followers

(psst! I don't think it's working)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Camille rocks.
    There’s an absurdist, almost Dadaist quality to Trump’s candidacy, like Groucho Marx satirizing high society swells in A Night at the Opera or the radical Yippies trying to levitate the Pentagon at their 1967 antiwar protest.
    But... cue GPIAshvnuhnhr for the cache link. :D

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Are we back on Trump now? Because...
    pfj0kvakp3fdbvxv3gqr.gif

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Doh!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...625456-2838-11e6-ae4a-3cdd5fe74204_story.html

Trump's response?

What am I missing here? The PGA is moving an event from the course, and Trump somehow thinks he would, as president, have the power to prevent a private business from holding events in wherever the hell they want? I think it's fair question to ask if Trump understands that the president doesn't and shouldn't have that type of power.

Well first, I don't read his statement as solely referring to a PGA tournament, but rather generalizing from that to his broader campaign theme of jobs going to Mexico. I think that may be what you are missing

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well first, I don't read his statement as solely referring to a PGA tournament, but rather generalizing from that to his broader campaign theme of jobs going to Mexico. I think that may be what you are missing

So 30% tariff on golf associations that move tournaments to Mexico city.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You're kidding right? C'mon you're joshin' me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom