• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Being white and disliking Obama isn't the litmus test. It's how you express your dislike. Rather than address his skills, or lack there of, you resort to calling him "Kenyan," which has no bearing in the job he has as president. The word strips him of his identity as an American. And you choose to completely believe he is not an American, then yes, that probably is because you are white.

No, my disdain will not be wrapped in ass-kissing terms. The first requirement that he has yet to adequately establish is eligibility for office. If that can't be done, then his 'skills' are irrelevant, never mind that he is a sorry, sorry example in that regard as well.

As for your assertion about my motive for not believing him an American...the federal government either directly or indirectly through mandates placed on the states requires me to prove eligibility ahead of a number of activities in which it really has no authority to kibitz. That does not mean that I am subject to the .gov proving I am not fit (again, authority notwithstanding), but I have to preemptive prove fitness to their satisfaction. Now, with a constitutional requirement, I am expected to simply take his word for it in the absence of satisfactory evidence. Hell no! As far as I am concerned, he is not eligible for office until proven otherwise.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You made a claim, and I challenged you to back it up factually. So, IMO, it's not that you don't care, it simply that you can't satisfy the question.
    As for the other part of your claim. I did not say, nor imply, that people that had did not like Obama chose to do so. That's way to broad, and he has given many a reason to dislike him. What I did, AM.... and won't backtrack from saying, is that those who choose to use the descriptor of "Kenyan" when describing the president, probably in most cases, have an issue with a black man in the White House.

And by extension, people who questioned the citizenship of McCain and Cruz had a problem with an old white man and a Cuban in the white house - or could it be they had a problem with a non-American in the white house and race doesn't really enter into it? Or do you not consider 'old white guy' and 'hispanic' to be races?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    And by extension, people who questioned the citizenship of McCain and Cruz had a problem with an old white man and a Cuban in the white house - or could it be they had a problem with a non-American in the white house and race doesn't really enter into it? Or do you not consider 'old white guy' and 'hispanic' to be races?

Did anyone actually question their citizenship other than Trump?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It has been weakened at its core - the fighting man. Eight years of endless war. Multiple deployments for many soldiers and a Viet Nam-like lack of a plan to win and shifting, largely political objectives.

The men who fight the wars politicians get us into - no matter how stupidly they are prosecuted - are exhausted

I can agree with this, but this isn't Obama's doing. He didn't unilaterally decide to go to war, nor did he even make the initial decision. That falls in the laps of our congress who has repeatedly authorized this to continue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

No, you know better than that. These instance were petty revenge tactics. Neither of these situations would have come to pass if they hadn't been levied at Obama first.
    Speaking of, when was McCain ever called the Panamanian?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

We had a resolution in congress prior to the 2008 election regarding McCain's eligibility, finding that having been born in the Panama Canal Zone, which was a US military reservation at the time, he was good to go.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We had a resolution in congress prior to the 2008 election regarding McCain's eligibility, finding that having been born in the Panama Canal Zone, which was a US military reservation at the time, he was good to go.

Was he? What proof do you have of that?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You sad the below, that's the claim I addressed, and the when challenged, you weren't able to offer anything to support your stance.

Below, is an entirely different matter

Possibly incorrect.... if you mean generally, as in people who refer to the president in other terms, then no. However, if one chooses to specifically refer to the president as a "Kenyan," then yes, IMO opinion, it is more likely than not that people have an issue with him primarily due to there being a black man in the White House. As I said earlier, it has been a common theme to paint minorities in the US as less than "American," and this simply is another example of that.

Unless you are covering a pretty large swath of time, historically, I think you are off on a tangent here. It has been a common theme to paint Obama - and others - as less than 'American' when a clear case cannot be made that their first loyalty and fealty are actually to America. I'm sure there are some people who don't like him because he is black, just as some people probably didn't like Cruz because he was perceived as hispanic. IMO the lions share of people don't like those actors because of what they have done and said. Do all the #NeverRelevant dislike Trump because he's white (or a Ginger)?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Was he? What proof do you have of that?

I am willing to trust the records kept at the time, which came with no efforts at obstruction and no, well, unusual circumstances in their form or presentation. That is a lot different than questionable circumstances that a federal court simply declares that no one has standing to challenge, although it would seem to me that this was a highly spurious argument.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Unless you are covering a pretty large swath of time, historically, I think you are off on a tangent here. It has been a common theme to paint Obama - and others - as less than 'American' when a clear case cannot be made that their first loyalty and fealty are actually to America. I'm sure there are some people who don't like him because he is black, just as some people probably didn't like Cruz because he was perceived as hispanic. IMO the lions share of people don't like those actors because of what they have done and said. Do all the #NeverRelevant dislike Trump because he's white (or a Ginger)?

That's a hard sell. I think Obama is completely loyal to America, or as least as loyal as any other president. The hitch, is that his vision, isn't the vision of some other Americans. That has always been the case politics; you don't agree with the other side's stance/platform.... but even in that disagreement, their isn't a concerted movement to take away someone's citizenship.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

A really quick internet search (1st page) answers your question. Did you do your homework like this in school? Try to keep up

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/us/politics/11mccain.html?_r=0

http://www.newsweek.com/ted-cruz-canadian-citizen-415430

And oh, by the way from:https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkacz...ing-obama-back?utm_term=.pcvnEoxrj#.wedV2EBaK

The video of the exchange taken in September 2012 at a gathering of the North Texas Tea Party, shows pastor Rafael Cruz telling the audience (unprompted) that he’d like to send Obama “back to Kenya, back to Indonesia.”
    “We have our work cut out for us,” Rafael Cruz said while discussing the United Nations. “We need to send Barack Obama back to Chicago. I’d like to send him back to Kenya, back to Indonesia.”

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That's a hard sell. I think Obama is completely loyal to America, or as least as loyal as any other president. The hitch, is that his vision, isn't the vision of some other Americans. That has always been the case politics; you don't agree with the other side's stance/platform.... but even in that disagreement, their isn't a concerted movement to take away someone's citizenship.

:lmfao:
    Obama's a Putz!
    He's a terrible person. He is so bad for America it would be laughable if it wasn't so serious. He is the biggest ***** we have ever had in the Washington....EVER!

He apologizes for ****ing everything. It's embarrassing.
    Did you see his speech in Japan lately?

Again- none of this has anything to do with color.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Bowing is a sign of subservience, not respect. The weak bow before the strong. The servant bows to his master. No American leader should ever show subservience to a foreign leader. Ever.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    A really quick internet search (1st page) answers your question. Did you do your homework like this in school? Try to keep up

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/us/politics/11mccain.html?_r=0

http://www.newsweek.com/ted-cruz-canadian-citizen-415430

And oh, by the way from:https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkacz...ing-obama-back?utm_term=.pcvnEoxrj#.wedV2EBaK

The video of the exchange taken in September 2012 at a gathering of the North Texas Tea Party, shows pastor Rafael Cruz telling the audience (unprompted) that he’d like to send Obama “back to Kenya, back to Indonesia.”
    “We have our work cut out for us,” Rafael Cruz said while discussing the United Nations. “We need to send Barack Obama back to Chicago. I’d like to send him back to Kenya, back to Indonesia.”

Oh duh, I completely forgot Gabriel J. Chin questioned his eligibility. Question redacted, how silly of me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :lmfao:
    Obama's a Putz!
    He's a terrible person. He is so bad for America it would be laughable if it wasn't so serious. He is the biggest ***** we have ever had in the Washington....EVER!

He apologizes for ****ing everything. It's embarrassing.
    Did you see his speech in Japan lately?

Again- none of this has anything to do with color.

Can one not be "bad for America," and still think they are doing the right thing for America?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom