• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is there any particular reasoning why Trump goes after the governor of New Mexico? She's from two demographics that he needs to avoid upsetting, women and Latinos. I can see why he would attack people that have spoken ill of him, but geez, this woman hasn't (as far as I know) said anything negative about him.

“We have got to get your governor to get going,” Trump said to a cheering audience. “She’s got to do a better job. Okay? Your governor has got to do a better job. She’s not doing the job. Hey! Maybe I’ll run for governor of New Mexico. I’ll get this place going. She’s not doing the job. We’ve got to get her moving. Come on: Let’s go, governor.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...cos-republican-governor-of-not-doing-her-job/

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That audience wanted to hear that message, so he delivered it. Personally, I think one of his greatest gifts is the ability to cold read an entire audience.

Something something shrewd businessman.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That audience wanted to hear that message, so he delivered it. Personally, I think one of his greatest gifts is the ability to cold read an entire audience.

Sure, maybe THAT audience wanted to hear that, but this isn't the 19th Century. His words extend much further than a present audience.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Is there any particular reasoning why Trump goes after the governor of New Mexico? She's from two demographics that he needs to avoid upsetting, women and Latinos. I can see why he would attack people that have spoken ill of him, but geez, this woman hasn't (as far as I know) said anything negative about him.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...cos-republican-governor-of-not-doing-her-job/

She had the gall to not endorse him or show up at his rally. For Trump not bowing down and/or swearing fealty or not showing obsequiousness is all he needs.

If he would have praised her, the audience would have reacted the same IMO. The audience wanted to hear Trump, what came out of his mouth didn't matter for the most part.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sure, maybe THAT audience wanted to hear that, but this isn't the 19th Century. His words extend much further than a present audience.

Trump has realized he can honest to God say and do whatever he wants and his support won't wane.

He was right when he said he could shoot folks on 5th ave and not lose supporters.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Trump has realized he can honest to God say and do whatever he wants and his support won't wane.

He was right when he said he could shoot folks on 5th ave and not lose supporters.

To be fair, if he shot a bunch of people on 5th Avenue, a lot of Bernie supporters would probably flock to him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "But Bush."

This thread is about Trump, and his virtues/shortcomings/successes/failures. There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out this Vet fundraising lie.

But now I'm curious... What has Hillary done for Vets? She has quite a long list on her website about it (and on INGO, a candidate's website is 100% fact). I'd like to see a fact-check on it. If true, might even outweigh the $6m lie.

Let's try this one more time.

If you wish to showcase hypocrisy as a disqualifying trait/characteristic then you must allow discussion of the many other actors on the political stage who exhibit the same traits (which you label 'but Bush')

If you argue for some specific case to be disqualifying of Trump while forgiving/remaining silent about others exhibiting the exact same traits then you are the hypocrite

To be logically consistent, if a trait is disqualifying for one it must be disqualifying for all

Cue Diogenes to begin the search for new candidates

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    That's not what the article says. It said some big name donors had backed out. $1.5M is a pretty big gap. And his honest is further called into question when he said he "didn't say" that they had raised $6M. He clearly said that. Hillary lies to cover her ***, Trump lies just to lie. Both are poison.

Ahh.. the media. The bastion of truth and fairness... especially so when speaking on Donald Trump, right?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Probably the same amount of money Donald Trump raised for veterans prior to declaring his intention to run for president. I don't give people credit for doing something "good," simply because it furthers their personal interests.

You are talking about a man that utilized his personal jet to fly soldiers home when they returned from the war. This was well before his presidential run. Two trip on a Boeing 737, there was ZERO publicity at the time. Question motives if you want, but do so with all the fact and without bias.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You are talking about a man that utilized his personal jet to fly soldiers home when they returned from the war. This was well before his presidential run. Two trip on a Boeing 737, there was ZERO publicity at the time. Question motives if you want, but do so with all the fact and without bias.

Cite please. There was an airline (Tower air) that's name sounded like Trump was the owner that did so. But they were chartered by the govt and paid for doing so.

Trump did own an airline company for a short while before it went bankrupt (surprise, surprise) but it was out of business before this happened.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Cite please. There was an airline (Tower air) that's name sounded like Trump was the owner that did so. But they were chartered by the govt and paid for doing so.

Yeah, my recollection was that several/many airlines participated in bringing troops home, and got either expenses paid or tax credits or both. Worst case for them was that it was revenue-neutral.

Doesn't make it a good or bad thing, just not a completely charitable thing.

Not like giving a dollar to a guy on a bike as you breeze by him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump Shuttle, Inc., doing business as Trump Airlines, was an airline owned by Donald Trump from 1989 to 1992. The landing rights and some of the physical assets necessary to operate the shuttle flights were originally part of Eastern Air Lines and known as the Eastern Air Lines Shuttle. It operated hourly flights on Boeing 727 aircraft from LaGuardia Airport in New York City to Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in Washington, D.C., then known as Washington National Airport. Trump Airlines also had regularly scheduled flights between LaGuardia and Orlando International Airport in Orlando, Florida.

Cpl. Stickney says 1991 so the assertion Trump Shuttle was Tango Uniform before this is ... not quite correct

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

Trump did own an airline company for a short while before it went bankrupt (surprise, surprise) but it was out of business before this happened.

Trump Airlines never filed bankruptcy that I can find....it was merged into US Air or one of them companies. Trump was never involved in Tower Air.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom