• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    You have every right to your "opinion" and your Trump choice. But your "opinion" is apparently, a very uninformed one.

Ted Cruz is a STRONG supporter of ALL the Constitutional Amendments. You've obviously just never listened to his rally talks or TV interveiws. He speaks almost every day about how and why he supports freedom of religion, and even someone's right to being an atheist. He talks almost every day about defending the 2nd Amendment. He talks EVERY day about our right to free speech, and how he'll defend it. Etc, etc, etc...... you're just not listening.

And BTW, Cruz is not nor has he ever been "an adulterer" and you sir, should be ashamed of spreading bull**** stories that came directly from Roger Stone, one of Trump's cohorts. And they let you vote and own guns???? Or are you too young to vote?

I am of lawful age to vote and am a proud gun owner.

I do not like Cruz. At all. As in if it were between Cruz and Hillary I am staying home. He can talk all he wants about whatever but quite frankly he sounds like a big phoney.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

I do not like Cruz. At all. As in if it were between Cruz and Hillary I am staying home. He can talk all he wants about whatever but quite frankly he sounds like a big phoney.

Like everyone we fight for..... you are entitled to your opinion, and to express it. God bless the U.S.A.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Man, I don't know. I don't like Cruz at all, even though I like some of his positions. He just creeps me out for some reason. Still, I despise Hillary Clinton. Might have to hold my nose and vote this time around. It's not like it would be the first time for that.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Donald Trump apparently doesn't possess the temperament and self-control to win the Republican nomination, let alone the general election. His own daughter, and his wife, have told him to settle down and to act more 'presidential'. His legal counsel has told him to be more careful in choosing his words, to stop answering questions he doesn't know a reasonable answer to, and to back off of the inflammatory rhetoric when addressing the subjects of certain social groups and candidates Cruz and Kasich.

But like the Energizer bunny, he just keeps on going, with his usual lack of style, his whimpering and his enormous ego and hubris. I can tell you here and now, he will keep going until he falls over and steps on his own throat. After losing large to Cruz in the Wisconsin primary, the first thing he did was accuse Ted Cruz of 1) stealing votes, and 2) committing a felony, in regard to a pro-Cruz Super PAC.

The American electorate that has yet to speak, in the Republican primary process, is quickly becoming bored with his brash, bloviating manner and his lack of any real answers or set policy for addressing the problems facing our nation now and in the future. "Let me tell you folks, we are going to build a wall. We are going to build a great big wall, and Mexico is going to pay for it.".... that is the entire extent of his 'policy', foreign and domestic. His 'plan' on trade is a joke. Placing a huge tariff on goods from China to punish them and "win".... is only going to result in either empty shelves at Walmart or prices so high for the American consumer, that we have to do without some things, altogether. American manufacturers will suffer, and more of them will go out of business.... because they can no longer 'afford' the Chinese-made circuit boards and other small parts, to finish building "American-made products".... including cars and trucks from Ford, GM and Chrysler.

"The Art of the Deal" won't open the world to U.S. trade and prosperity. "I'd like to punch him in the face."... is not the key to world-wide diplomacy. And guess what, Mr Trump?! You can't fire Congress.

Uh, this.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Man, I don't know. I don't like Cruz at all, even though I like some of his positions. He just creeps me out for some reason. Still, I despise Hillary Clinton. Might have to hold my nose and vote this time around. It's not like it would be the first time for that.

I totally get that vibe. But aside from that, Trump is the way to go. And not just because I don't like Cruz.. There are several issues on where they differ. Plus Trump is an entrepreneur, the only one running. This country has forgotten to appreciate the entrepreneur. He has clear business sense and knows what they want to improve the economy. Cruz has to go off the word of his investment banker wife. He's clueless on economic matters.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    What you just said about Cruz's knowledge isn't true.... but even if it were, that's why a President has a Chief of Staff and appoints a 'Cabinet'. Congress are the ones who make laws that affect the economy.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Donald Trump apparently doesn't possess the temperament and self-control to win the Republican nomination, let alone the general election. His own daughter, and his wife, have told him to settle down and to act more 'presidential'. His legal counsel has told him to be more careful in choosing his words, to stop answering questions he doesn't know a reasonable answer to, and to back off of the inflammatory rhetoric when addressing the subjects of certain social groups and candidates Cruz and Kasich.

And? What happened the last few times the GOP had such low energy candidates?

But like the Energizer bunny, he just keeps on going, with his usual lack of style, his whimpering and his enormous ego and hubris. I can tell you here and now, he will keep going until he falls over and steps on his own throat. After losing large to Cruz in the Wisconsin primary, the first thing he did was accuse Ted Cruz of 1) stealing votes, and 2) committing a felony, in regard to a pro-Cruz Super PAC.

If Cruz did nothing wrong then he should openly welcome an investigation.

The American electorate that has yet to speak, in the Republican primary process, is quickly becoming bored with his brash, bloviating manner and his lack of any real answers or set policy for addressing the problems facing our nation now and in the future. "Let me tell you folks, we are going to build a wall. We are going to build a great big wall, and Mexico is going to pay for it.".... that is the entire extent of his 'policy', foreign and domestic. His 'plan' on trade is a joke. Placing a huge tariff on goods from China to punish them and "win".... is only going to result in either empty shelves at Walmart or prices so high for the American consumer, that we have to do without some things, altogether. American manufacturers will suffer, and more of them will go out of business.... because they can no longer 'afford' the Chinese-made circuit boards and other small parts, to finish building "American-made products".... including cars and trucks from Ford, GM and Chrysler.

Cruz SUPPORTS the outsourcing of jobs. He supports NAFTA and TPP. Trump is firmly against those. And so what if we have to pay more? You don't want to pay an extra quarter on goods that were made by an American? That means JOBS. More jobs = more paying customers. American manufacturers will benefit if there are more people to buy their goods.

"The Art of the Deal" won't open the world to U.S. trade and prosperity. "I'd like to punch him in the face."... is not the key to world-wide diplomacy. And guess what, Mr Trump?! You can't fire Congress.

No, but his supporters can.

My answers in red.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    You're living in a dream world friend.

Donald Trump's claim to fame isn't his business prowess. HIS MANAGERS made his fortune for him. And tho he claims to be worth 10 billion dollars, the fact checkers have shown that is it closer to TWO billion dollars; AND that is before you subtract the $260 million he owes the banks, right now. Donald doesn't have a clue. And every time I hear him say "Let me tell you folks, we are going to WIN. We are going to win at everything.".... I just want to tell him, "That isn't how it works. That isn't how any ​of this works."

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    You're living in a dream world friend.

Donald Trump's claim to fame isn't his business prowess. HIS MANAGERS made his fortune for him. And tho he claims to be worth 10 billion dollars, the fact checkers have shown that is it closer to TWO billion dollars; AND that is before you subtract the $260 million he owes the banks, right now. Donald doesn't have a clue. And every time I hear him say "Let me tell you folks, we are going to WIN. We are going to win at everything.".... I just want to tell him, "That isn't how it works. That isn't how any ​of this works."

And Ted is better? He wants to carpet-bomb the Middle East and turn them into glass. He is bankrolled by Goldman Sachs. He has so called Christian "pastors" speak at his rallies that have advocated for the death of gays. He supports amnesty. This guy is a mess.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

From that same AP-GfK poll you quote

AP-GfK (web) (3/31-4/4 2016)

[h=3]Donald Trump Favorable Rating[/h]Asked of 1,076 adults
    Unfavorable69%
    Favorable26%
    Undecided4%
    Refused1%

Poll chart and latest estimates for Donald Trump Favorable Rating »

[h=3]Ted Cruz Favorable Rating[/h]Asked of 1,076 adults
    Unfavorable59%
    Favorable26%
    Undecided14%
    Refused1%

Lets see, Trump Favorable 26% Unfavorable 69%

Cruz Favorable 26% Unfavorable 59%

Same favorable percentage for each, slightly lower unfavorable for Cruz but still well over 50% and more than 2x favorable. Seems like a choice between stay on the Titanic or swim for it. No thanks, will stick with the disaster that isn't bought and paid for by Goldman-Sachs and Citigroup

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah. So it doesn't matter if your guy sucks because the other guy sucks too? Doesn't that just give you one of those WTF moments when you realize that three of the four candidates most likely to win are the ones least liked?

From that same AP-GfK poll you quote

AP-GfK (web) (3/31-4/4 2016)

Donald Trump Favorable Rating

Asked of 1,076 adults
    Unfavorable69%
    Favorable26%
    Undecided4%
    Refused1%

Poll chart and latest estimates for Donald Trump Favorable Rating »

Ted Cruz Favorable Rating

Asked of 1,076 adults
    Unfavorable59%
    Favorable26%
    Undecided14%
    Refused1%

Lets see, Trump Favorable 26% Unfavorable 69%

Cruz Favorable 26% Unfavorable 59%

Same favorable percentage for each, slightly lower unfavorable for Cruz but still well over 50% and more than 2x favorable. Seems like a choice between stay on the Titanic or swim for it. No thanks, will stick with the disaster that isn't bought and paid for by Goldman-Sachs and Citigroup

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Demonstrating the applicability of the old adage "Figures lie and liars figure". Want me to reconsider my pick, give me something demonstrably better. Otherwise I'm already committed to vote #notHitlery, unlike some people on INGO. What more do you want? As I've said before Cruz is a globalist and a neo-conwannabe. I'm against TPP and its ilk and I'm against spending anymore blood or treasure in the sandbox except as necessary to preserve Israel (who unlike our other 'allies' in the ME always has skin in the game)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Demonstrating the applicability of the old adage "Figures lie and liars figure". Want me to reconsider my pick, give me something demonstrably better. Otherwise I'm already committed to vote #notHitlery, unlike some people on INGO. What more do you want? As I've said before Cruz is a globalist and a neo-conwannabe. I'm against TPP and its ilk and I'm against spending anymore blood or treasure in the sandbox except as necessary to preserve Israel (who unlike our other 'allies' in the ME always has skin in the game)

Wait. The figures that show Trump's high disapproval are lies?

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I'm voting for a guy who has a disapproval rate of 59%. You're voting for a guy who has a disapproval rate of 69%. And those are the only real choices left for the Republican nomination! The TWO guys that people like least. What a ****ed up system.

But since you mentioned it, let's go there. I am committed to vote #not-hillary as well. I am keenly aware of how much the guy I'm stuck with sucks. I am fully willing to acknowledge all the demonstrable shortcomings of Cruz. I hate that it's come down to having to vote for him. He was not my first choice. He's just what's left. That's my excuse. And I'll be stuck voting for your schmuck if he beats my schmuck for the nomination.

So what's your excuse? Trump has been your guy from just about the beginning. And you've defended some pretty indefensible things, some things that seem out of character. I'm not going to complain about making an honest calculation which results in you supporting a turd. I've given my reasons why I'm supporting the turd I am. But I will say something when you attempt to spray perfume all over your turd to try to make it smell better.

It's like I said before, if you're voting for Trump to blow **** up, hey, I can respect that and we can disagree on how successful that will be. But some of you guys defend him with such unearned loyalty it's almost cult-like.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Yah, cult like, the Branch Trumpidians. Like I said back at the beginning of this, Planet Trump: Where anger is a platform and egomania is a positive character trait. But don't you dare cast aspersions at the idol.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Wait. The figures that show Trump's high disapproval are lies?

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I'm voting for a guy who has a disapproval rate of 59%. You're voting for a guy who has a disapproval rate of 69%. And those are the only real choices left for the Republican nomination! The TWO guys that people like least. What a ****ed up system.

But since you mentioned it, let's go there. I am committed to vote #not-hillary as well. I am keenly aware of how much the guy I'm stuck with sucks. I am fully willing to acknowledge all the demonstrable shortcomings of Cruz. I hate that it's come down to having to vote for him. He was not my first choice. He's just what's left. That's my excuse. And I'll be stuck voting for your schmuck if he beats my schmuck for the nomination.

So what's your excuse? Trump has been your guy from just about the beginning. And you've defended some pretty indefensible things, some things that seem out of character. I'm not going to complain about making an honest calculation which results in you supporting a turd. I've given my reasons why I'm supporting the turd I am. But I will say something when you attempt to spray perfume all over your turd to try to make it smell better.

It's like I said before, if you're voting for Trump to blow **** up, hey, I can respect that and we can disagree on how successful that will be. But some of you guys defend him with such unearned loyalty it's almost cult-like.

I am willing to observe Trump's shortcomings and forgive most of them. He's nowhere near my 1st choice, he backed out a long time ago. But with the choice I have, well one is an authentic wacko and the other is Trump. I was always on the #NeverCruz train but I'm a newcomer to the Trump train. I will not defend things he says that I disagree with (like the abortion comments, ugh) but I'll defend things he says that I do agree with. He could be a turd but he's not the two-flush megadump Cruz is.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am willing to observe Trump's shortcomings and forgive most of them. He's nowhere near my 1st choice, he backed out a long time ago. But with the choice I have, well one is an authentic wacko and the other is Trump. I was always on the #NeverCruz train but I'm a newcomer to the Trump train. I will not defend things he says that I disagree with (like the abortion comments, ugh) but I'll defend things he says that I do agree with. He could be a turd but he's not the two-flush megadump Cruz is.
    But... but... there's Kaisich...

Puppy-Dog-Eyes-s.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    But... but... there's Kaisich...

Puppy-Dog-Eyes-s.jpg

After what Kasich had to say yesterday I would vote for Hillary first. He clearly admitted that he had no chance of winning but was staying in to take every delegate he could--in other words the stupid MFSB is deliberately angling to prevent us from actually being able to elect the candidate of our choice.

It would seem, given the money flowing in despite his abysmal performance, that he is staying in and is being paid to stay in for the purpose of preventing an outright win in order to allow for convention shenanigans.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom