• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're kidding right? The guy who had one of his own generals executed using a 14.5mm anti-aircraft gun? The guy who had his uncle torn apart by vicious dogs? Their is nothing liberal about him and he is rational only so far as being a functioning psychopath (I guess that's the evil dictator part you're talking about, but I think you're being too kind).

The Japanese were told not to surrender, during WW2, to Americans because we were cannibals. There's political leverage in dehumanizing your enemies. The has been no such confirmation of Kim's execution methods. Of the examples you mentioned, one has been deemed a hoax, and the other a rumor. A number of N. Koreans have made been made famous by "exposing" the regime, and have then subsequently found out to be lying.
    Now, I'm not pinning angel wings on Kim nor am I saying that he hasn't committed the atrocities that he has been rumored. What I am saying, is that when you hate, or fear someone, it's easy to believe the more outlandish things.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You mean like crazy Ronnie Raygun did? His 'rhetoric' put everyone on notice instead of the current kow-towing to dictators but boy did the libs go crazy.

That wasn't rhetoric, that was joke. A joke which the American people, at the time, never heard. And the Soviets upon becoming aware of the comment, went on alert.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    The Japanese were told not to surrender, during WW2, to Americans because we were cannibals. There's political leverage in dehumanizing your enemies. The has been no such confirmation of Kim's execution methods. Of the examples you mentioned, one has been deemed a hoax, and the other a rumor. A number of N. Koreans have made been made famous by "exposing" the regime, and have then subsequently found out to be lying.
    Now, I'm not pinning angel wings on Kim nor am I saying that he hasn't committed the atrocities that he has been rumored. What I am saying, is that when you hate, or fear someone, it's easy to believe the more outlandish things.

I agree that dehumanizing is often used as a propaganda tool. Quick Google searching reveals that the dog execution is now (much after the fact) being reported by some websites as a hoax.
    Reuters:
    North Korean execution by dog story likely came from satire | Reuters

Interestingly, neither NBC nor Fox have changed their articles to reflect a hoax:
    Kim Jong Un's executed uncle was eaten alive by 120 hungry dogs: report - World News

North Korean leader fed uncle to starving dogs, report says | Fox News

As for the execution by AA fire, that one seems to have a good bit of backing:
    Reuters again:
    North Korea executes defence chief with an anti-aircraft gun: South Korea agency | Reuters

BBC:
    North Korea Defence Chief Hyon Yong-chol 'executed' - BBC News

It's hard to get accurate detailed news about the internal goings on of North Korea, but multiple sources (plus the passage of a little bit of time) help separate fact from fiction. I should have reviewed the news stories for updates before my initial posting, but even with that, they sure are executing a heck of a lot of their own high-ranking officials - something that is not generally a sign of stability or wisdom.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree that dehumanizing is often used as a propaganda tool. Quick Google searching reveals that the dog execution is now (much after the fact) being reported by some websites as a hoax.
    Reuters:
    North Korean execution by dog story likely came from satire | Reuters

Interestingly, neither NBC nor Fox have changed their articles to reflect a hoax:
    Kim Jong Un's executed uncle was eaten alive by 120 hungry dogs: report - World News

North Korean leader fed uncle to starving dogs, report says | Fox News

As for the execution by AA fire, that one seems to have a good bit of backing:
    Reuters again:
    North Korea executes defence chief with an anti-aircraft gun: South Korea agency | Reuters

BBC:
    North Korea Defence Chief Hyon Yong-chol 'executed' - BBC News

It's hard to get accurate detailed news about the internal goings on of North Korea, but multiple sources (plus the passage of a little bit of time) help separate fact from fiction. I should have reviewed the news stories for updates before my initial posting, but even with that, they sure are executing a heck of a lot of their own high-ranking officials - something that is not generally a sign of stability or wisdom.

The executions of general was going to happen. That was a forgone conclusion. Kim couldn't allow his father's guys, who helped implement previous policy survive, as Kim has apparently taken a different road, and may have met with pushback. We used to hear about all the starving people there were in N. Korea. That was based mainly on the famines and military expenditures of Kim's father. Jong-il was educated in China during the 50s and 60s. Jong-un was educated in Switzerland, and was thought to never have the chance to lead N. Korea.
    It has been proposed that Jong-un's western exposure may have molded him somewhat. It has been pointed out that he complained about how full western stores were in comparison to N. Korea's. He has touched the hands of normal people. He has sat on the floor and spoke with N. Korean citizens. Heck, he waited patiently, and took pictures.... individually....with an entire group of female soldiers. These are things that are incredibly baffling, because his father would've NEVER done such, and his grandfather, doubtful.

And then you have how Kim is allowing citizens (obviously high ranking) to leave the country, and learn about global economics. He's not just sending people, he's allowing foreign professors to teach. All these things indicate, IMO, a willingness to be somewhat like China (though they'd never go that far).

I still can't say he isn't a unstable psychopath, but his actions are consistent with "Mad Man" Theory. If Jong-un, and North Korea, weren't regularly waving their "look at me flag," from the hermit kingdom, they'd become the who cares kingdom, and forgotten. A forgotten country is most apt to gnaw away at itself, as people starts looking at their own conditions and asking why are things the way they are. How do you avoid that? Find a perpetual enemy to galvanize your people against.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Trump- Out of control

Donald Trump apparently doesn't possess the temperament and self-control to win the Republican nomination, let alone the general election. His own daughter, and his wife, have told him to settle down and to act more 'presidential'. His legal counsel has told him to be more careful in choosing his words, to stop answering questions he doesn't know a reasonable answer to, and to back off of the inflammatory rhetoric when addressing the subjects of certain social groups and candidates Cruz and Kasich.

But like the Energizer bunny, he just keeps on going, with his usual lack of style, his whimpering and his enormous ego and hubris. I can tell you here and now, he will keep going until he falls over and steps on his own throat. After losing large to Cruz in the Wisconsin primary, the first thing he did was accuse Ted Cruz of 1) stealing votes, and 2) committing a felony, in regard to a pro-Cruz Super PAC.

The American electorate that has yet to speak, in the Republican primary process, is quickly becoming bored with his brash, bloviating manner and his lack of any real answers or set policy for addressing the problems facing our nation now and in the future. "Let me tell you folks, we are going to build a wall. We are going to build a great big wall, and Mexico is going to pay for it.".... that is the entire extent of his 'policy', foreign and domestic. His 'plan' on trade is a joke. Placing a huge tariff on goods from China to punish them and "win".... is only going to result in either empty shelves at Walmart or prices so high for the American consumer, that we have to do without some things, altogether. American manufacturers will suffer, and more of them will go out of business.... because they can no longer 'afford' the Chinese-made circuit boards and other small parts, to finish building "American-made products".... including cars and trucks from Ford, GM and Chrysler.

"The Art of the Deal" won't open the world to U.S. trade and prosperity. "I'd like to punch him in the face."... is not the key to world-wide diplomacy. And guess what, Mr Trump?! You can't fire Congress.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Donald Trump apparently doesn't possess the temperament and self-control to win the Republican nomination, let alone the general election. His own daughter, and his wife, have told him to settle down and to act more 'presidential'. His legal counsel has told him to be more careful in choosing his words, to stop answering questions he doesn't know a reasonable answer to, and to back off of the inflammatory rhetoric when addressing the subjects of certain social groups and candidates Cruz and Kasich.

But like the Energizer bunny, he just keeps on going, with his usual lack of style, his whimpering and his enormous ego and hubris. I can tell you here and now, he will keep going until he falls over and steps on his own throat. After losing large to Cruz in the Wisconsin primary, the first thing he did was accuse Ted Cruz of 1) stealing votes, and 2) committing a felony, in regards to a pro-Cruz Super PAC.

The American electorate that has yet to speak, in the Republican primary process, is quickly becoming bored with his brash, bloviating manner and his lack of any real answers or set policy for addressing the problems facing our nation now and in the future. "Let me tell you folks, we are going to build a great big wall, and Mexico is going to pay for it.".... that is the entire extent of his 'policy', foreign and domestic. His 'plan' on trade is a joke. Placing a huge tariff on goods from China to punish them and "win".... is only going to result in either empty shelves at Walmart or prices so high for the American consumer, that we have to do without some things, altogether. American manufacturers will suffer, and more of them will go out of business.... because they can no longer 'afford' the Chinese-made circuit boards and other small parts, to finish building "American-made products".

"The Art of the Deal" won't open the world to U.S. trade and prosperity. "I'd like to punch him in the face."... is not the key to world-wide diplomacy. And guess what, Mr Trump?! You can't fire Congress.

I'm not bored. I find Trump entertaining.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

But like the Energizer bunny, he just keeps on going, with his usual lack of style, his whimpering and his enormous ego and hubris. I can tell you here and now, he will keep going until he falls over and steps on his own throat. After losing large to Cruz in the Wisconsin primary, the first thing he did was accuse Ted Cruz of 1) stealing votes, and 2) committing a felony, in regard to a pro-Cruz Super PAC.

The American electorate that has yet to speak, in the Republican primary process, is quickly becoming bored with his brash, bloviating manner and his lack of any real answers or set policy for addressing the problems facing our nation now and in the future. "Let me tell you folks, we are going to build a wall. We are going to build a great big wall, and Mexico is going to pay for it.".... that is the entire extent of his 'policy', foreign and domestic. His 'plan' on trade is a joke. Placing a huge tariff on goods from China to punish them and "win".... is only going to result in either empty shelves at Walmart or prices so high for the American consumer, that we have to do without some things, altogether. American manufacturers will suffer, and more of them will go out of business.... because they can no longer 'afford' the Chinese-made circuit boards and other small parts, to finish building "American-made products".... including cars and trucks from Ford, GM and Chrysler.

You forgot Cruz being an adulterer.

I like Trump a lot more than El Rato. Trump is an entrepreneur, he's anti-establishment, anti-immigration, and anti-aggrievement. Cruz is sort of anti-immigration but that's it.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

I like Trump a lot more than El Rato. Trump is an entrepreneur, he's anti-establishment, anti-immigration, and anti-aggrievement. Cruz is sort of anti-immigration but that's it.

You have every right to your "opinion" and your Trump choice. But your "opinion" is apparently, a very uninformed one.

Ted Cruz is a STRONG supporter of ALL the Constitutional Amendments. You've obviously just never listened to his rally talks or TV interveiws. He speaks almost every day about how and why he supports freedom of religion, and even someone's right to being an atheist. He talks almost every day about defending the 2nd Amendment. He talks EVERY day about our right to free speech, and how he'll defend it. Etc, etc, etc...... you're just not listening.

And BTW, Cruz is not nor has he ever been "an adulterer" and you sir, should be ashamed of spreading bull**** stories that came directly from Roger Stone, one of Trump's cohorts. And they let you vote and own guns???? Or are you too young to vote?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Look. I'm not a great Cruz fan. But that's a good way to make me roll my eyes at you. C'mon man. Have you any sense of intellectual honestly? Don't you think that weeks after the story broke *SOME* big news outlet would have dug up something by now? That tends to point to a likelihood that it was all made up. No one in the media is really taking it seriously. Would it be that painful for you to drop the accusation at least until it's corroborated? Yeah, sure the tabloid got some things right in the past. And those stories were picked up by big news and supporting facts were dug up by them in pretty short order. These things tend to have sloppily buried facts that are easily discovered once someone knows they need to dig.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't you understand? Cruz is the insider, establishment candidate that the mainstream media loves.

....at least he has been for the last 15 minutes or so....according to, you know.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Look. I'm not a great Cruz fan. But that's a good way to make me roll my eyes at you. C'mon man. Have you any sense of intellectual honestly? Don't you think that weeks after the story broke *SOME* big news outlet would have dug up something by now? That tends to point to a likelihood that it was all made up. No one in the media is really taking it seriously. Would it be that painful for you to drop the accusation at least until it's corroborated? Yeah, sure the tabloid got some things right in the past. And those stories were picked up by big news and supporting facts were dug up by them in pretty short order. These things tend to have sloppily buried facts that are easily discovered once someone knows they need to dig.

Not saying he actually is one with proof, I'm saying he was accused of being one as per the quote.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom