• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wait. The figures that show Trump's high disapproval are lies?

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I'm voting for a guy who has a disapproval rate of 59%. You're voting for a guy who has a disapproval rate of 69%. And those are the only real choices left for the Republican nomination! The TWO guys that people like least. What a ****ed up system.

But since you mentioned it, let's go there. I am committed to vote #not-hillary as well. I am keenly aware of how much the guy I'm stuck with sucks. I am fully willing to acknowledge all the demonstrable shortcomings of Cruz. I hate that it's come down to having to vote for him. He was not my first choice. He's just what's left. That's my excuse. And I'll be stuck voting for your schmuck if he beats my schmuck for the nomination.

So what's your excuse? Trump has been your guy from just about the beginning. And you've defended some pretty indefensible things, some things that seem out of character. I'm not going to complain about making an honest calculation which results in you supporting a turd. I've given my reasons why I'm supporting the turd I am. But I will say something when you attempt to spray perfume all over your turd to try to make it smell better.

It's like I said before, if you're voting for Trump to blow **** up, hey, I can respect that and we can disagree on how successful that will be. But some of you guys defend him with such unearned loyalty it's almost cult-like.

Perhaps you could take another quick glance at #1272 and see who I'm responding to and why. "Americans overwhelmingly view Trump negatively..." ( and forget to mention Americans aren't exactly sold on Cruz, either )

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Perhaps you could take another quick glance at #1272 and see who I'm responding to and why. "Americans overwhelmingly view Trump negatively..." ( and forget to mention Americans aren't exactly sold on Cruz, either )

I posted the link.... but I didn't write the article. And the article I read certainly didn't show those 'graphs'.

Besides, after all, this is a "TRUMP" thread.... not a 'Cruz' thread.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is not the thread title ":yesway: trump" rather than simply trump? And if you're posting an article that links to a poll, and uses (some) of that poll's results might you not wish to give said poll a once over? Just sayin'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    After what Kasich had to say yesterday I would vote for Hillary first. He clearly admitted that he had no chance of winning but was staying in to take every delegate he could--in other words the stupid MFSB is deliberately angling [STRIKE]to prevent us from actually being able to elect the candidate of our choice.[/STRIKE] for the job of vice president

It would seem, given the money flowing in despite his abysmal performance, that he is staying in and is being paid to stay [STRIKE]in for the purpose of preventing an outright win in order to allow for convention shenanigans.[/STRIKE]in return for some future consideration

Fixy

I've always known he was for sale, I just thought the price would be higher. Some fights are only so vicious because the rewards are so small

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    After what Kasich had to say yesterday I would vote for Hillary first. He clearly admitted that he had no chance of winning but was staying in to take every delegate he could--in other words the stupid MFSB is deliberately angling to prevent us from actually being able to elect the candidate of our choice.

It would seem, given the money flowing in despite his abysmal performance, that he is staying in and is being paid to stay in for the purpose of preventing an outright win in order to allow for convention shenanigans.

The results of an election should represent the will of the people, even if it's wrong. If we're going to say that we need this system to guard against people making the "wrong" choice, how do we prevent the powers that be from using it to continually thwart the will of the people? That's why I didn't support Ron Paul's attempts at delegate manipulation in 2012.

Kasich is a MFSB indeed. Who knows where he'd wind up in the rankings if we had a truly representative voting system. Maybe he'd be closer to the top than Cruz or Trump. But in THIS election, the process has now limited our choices between him and the other two candidates. obviously he ain't the guy. He's just hedging to try to be the only GOPe candidate left standing so that the delegates might throw his way during the second vote. And that's clearly thwarting the will of the voters.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The results of an election should represent the will of the people, even if it's wrong. If we're going to say that we need this system to guard against people making the "wrong" choice, how do we prevent the powers that be from using it to continually thwart the will of the people? That's why I didn't support Ron Paul's attempts at delegate manipulation in 2012.

Kasich is a MFSB indeed. Who knows where he'd wind up in the rankings if we had a truly representative voting system. Maybe he'd be closer to the top than Cruz or Trump. But in THIS election, the process has now limited our choices between him and the other two candidates. obviously he ain't the guy. He's just hedging to try to be the only GOPe candidate left standing so that the delegates might throw his way during the second vote. And that's clearly thwarting the will of the voters.

When has the selection of President ever been "the will of the People" in the USA? You do know that there have been US Presidents that haven't received a majority of the popular vote correct?

And you do know how the primaries work right? You aren't really voting for "your candidate", you are voting for the delegates who may or may not (depending on state or territory) be bound to vote for that candidate for a certain number of votes. That is how it's been since the founding of our nation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you've read what I've said on the subject here and there you should have a good idea of my understanding of the process and what I think about that.
    When has the selection of President ever been "the will of the People" in the USA? You do know that there have been US Presidents that haven't received a majority of the popular vote correct?

And you do know how the primaries work right? You aren't really voting for "your candidate", you are voting for the delegates who may or may not (depending on state or territory) be bound to vote for that candidate for a certain number of votes. That is how it's been since the founding of our nation.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Here we go again with the Indiana GOP. Those stupid b*stards are working really hard at making a straight ticket Democrat voter out of me.

Description of the process from the IN GOP.

Indiana has a total of 57 delegates; 27 District Delegates (3 per each congressional district), 27 At-Large Delegates and 3 Automatic Delegates (2 for our Republican National Committee (RNC) Members and 1 for our State Chairman).

All of our delegates are bound on the first ballot by the results of our Primary Election.

Here is an example of the allocation of delegates using some of the past candidates:
    If Congressional District (CD) 6 goes for Gov. Scott Walker, then the three delegates from that district have to vote for Gov. Scott Walker on the first ballot. If CD 1 goes for Gov. Jeb Bush, then those three delegates must vote for Gov. Jeb Bush on the first ballot (and so on).

All 27 at-large delegates represent the state popular vote. If Indiana votes for Sen. Marco Rubio, then those 27 at-large delegates must vote for Sen. Rubio on the first ballot.

The 3 automatic delegates vote with the popular vote of the state.

Once again Politico distorts the news...what a non-surprise. What they have identified though, is a strong possibility of how the second vote will go.

The candidates qualified and on the ballot for IN are: Bush, Carson, Christie, Cruz, Fiorina, Kasich, Paul, Rubio and Trump.

So, vote for whoever you want to! The convention will be deciding it anyway.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Description of the process from the IN GOP.

Indiana has a total of 57 delegates; 27 District Delegates (3 per each congressional district), 27 At-Large Delegates and 3 Automatic Delegates (2 for our Republican National Committee (RNC) Members and 1 for our State Chairman).

All of our delegates are bound on the first ballot by the results of our Primary Election.

Here is an example of the allocation of delegates using some of the past candidates:
    If Congressional District (CD) 6 goes for Gov. Scott Walker, then the three delegates from that district have to vote for Gov. Scott Walker on the first ballot. If CD 1 goes for Gov. Jeb Bush, then those three delegates must vote for Gov. Jeb Bush on the first ballot (and so on).

All 27 at-large delegates represent the state popular vote. If Indiana votes for Sen. Marco Rubio, then those 27 at-large delegates must vote for Sen. Rubio on the first ballot.

The 3 automatic delegates vote with the popular vote of the state.

Once again Politico distorts the news...what a non-surprise. What they have identified though, is a strong possibility of how the second vote will go.

The candidates qualified and on the ballot for IN are: Bush, Carson, Christie, Cruz, Fiorina, Kasich, Paul, Rubio and Trump.

So, vote for whoever you want to! The convention will be deciding it anyway.

Exactly right. I have come to the conclusion that the parties should be completely removed from the process of putting people on ballots. Each candidate should have to come up with the requisite number of signatures for the general election, the ballot would not mention party affiliation, and the party would be able to do no more than endorse candidates just like any other organization. It would do much to stop the shenanigans that lead to our present state of an impending trainwreck that is apparently beyond salvage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom