Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    By the way, I think I'm going to main line the kool aid.

Saying Trump says what people want to hear requires that he intentionally decides what to say. I think he doesn't change his mind so much as speak with a lack of specificity. In that respect, he is kinda brilliant.

"Close our borders" to him may not mean "keep people out." It more likely means "keep out the people we need to keep out ALL the time." It is like people who only read the first half of a sentence, then go on to the next sentence. He only says the first half of a thought, then moves on to the next thought. If questioned, he simply completes the original thought with what makes sense.

I think I'm going to start posting like that.

Probably is pre-planned. I've said it before, he's not an idiot. Just part of the billions he's received in free air time... Call in to a network (because they will answer) and say something a bit controversial... then wait for the networks to reach out to you for clarification... then more airtime to promote yourself all day.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    We're lucky to have you here to parse what Trump really means when he says things.

INGO, where "I would close up our borders" doesn't mean "I would close up our borders"

But this is nothing new with Trump, he really does need a period of time after saying something to clear up what he really meant by it.

I quoted Trump's actual words. How is that "parsing"? And how is an out-of-context (because it is only a partial quote) headline not "parsing"?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah, you're just trying to get folks banned with :flamethrower:silliness. Have an 'interesting' day. In the oriental sense of course. But by all means, carry on. :cowbell:

Trying to get folks banned?

No. I'm just calling you out on your petty ad hominem. (Unless there's some point to referring to Trump as "Drumpf"? I'm still waiting to hear what that point might be.) I can't control whether or not you flame as a result of having petty, silly, ad hominem being pointed out.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I quoted Trump's actual words. How is that "parsing"? And how is an out-of-context (because it is only a partial quote) headline not "parsing"?

My point is he says one thing, then later walks it back. He does this all the time, and I'm sharing those times because internet. My observation is you have a habit of taking things he says and explaining what you think he meant (be it his comments on libel, borders, etc). That's not your job. That's his job, and the job of his followers.

Even with the full quote, he said "Close up our borders", then later "I didn't say shut it down..." Yes, the 'we have to be careful, vigilant' is common between both quotes, and he's not wrong there.

It's as though I'm telling you that you didn't understand what Cruz said about topic A, or what Rubio said about topic B. Would you say that there are comments you've made about... oh, I dunno... Cruz... that might just be a bit inaccurate? I've noticed people here try to explain to you that some of the things you say about him are sensationalist.

You seem to have a guy. We all have/had a guy in the race.

Edit: PHRASING

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    My point is he says one thing, then later walks it back. He does this all the time, and I'm sharing those times because internet. My observation is you have a habit of taking things he says and explaining what you think he meant (be it his comments on libel, borders, etc).

I didn't editorialize about, explain, or expound upon what he said. I merely quoted him.

That's not your job. That's his job, and the job of his followers.

Even with the full quote, he said "Close up our borders", then later "I didn't say shut it down..." Yes, the 'we have to be careful, vigilant' is common between both quotes, and he's not wrong there.

That's not the full quote. At least quote the entire sentence: "I would close up our borders to people until we figure out what’s going on."

It's as though I'm telling you that you didn't understand what Cruz said about topic A, or what Rubio said about topic B. Would you say that there are comments you've made about... oh, I dunno... Cruz... that might just be a bit inaccurate? I've noticed people here try to explain to you that some of the things you say about him are sensationalist.

You seem to have a guy. We all have/had a guy.

I've never asked anyone to agree with or to share my concerns regarding Cruz. I was asked to articulate those concerns, and did so. I am troubled by someone who would pander to Evangelicals while being connected to Dominionism. If others find that stance to be sensationalist, that's perfectly fine. I'm not trying to convince anyone.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    We're lucky to have you here to parse what Trump really means when he says things.

INGO, where "I would close up our borders" doesn't mean "I would close up our borders"

But this is nothing new with Trump, he really does need a period of time after saying something to clear up what he really meant by it.

I'm sorry that you need someone literate to help you understand news articles, but most of the country doesn't need that. I'm sorry for your troubles, but that does not make a candidate or his statements flawed, it means you are flawed and unable to comprehend them.

Or

You're purposefully ignorant and spinning statements to fit your narrative, then playing stupid as a defense, which would mean you're playing by the Alinsky rulebook.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    256dan4.jpg

:laugh: :lmfao::laugh6:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [video=youtube_share;ozFtBjEzGJs]http://youtu.be/ozFtBjEzGJs[/video]

Coming soon to Berlin.
    What is the over/under for terrorist activity before 2020?
    How about London? :dunno:
    Indianapolis International Airport? What?! It can't happen here? Ok good news.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom