• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Most businesses don't start out with a "small loan" of a million dollar from their fathers either.

Jelous ?

A loan is a loan, it matters not if it's from a Bank or Dad..
    As a business man he has done very well, and I'm sure he paid Dad back..
    Do you think he's the first person to borrow money from his family ?

Fred certainly was a poor excuse of a parent to loan his son money.. Poor excuse i say...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Jelous ?

A loan is a loan, it matters not if it's from a Bank or Dad..
    As a business man he has done very well, and I'm sure he paid Dad back..
    Do you think he's the first person to borrow money from his family ?

Fred certainly was a poor excuse of a parent to loan his son money.. Poor excuse i say...

You're the one that compared Trump's business ventures to the 50% that fail in the first 5 years. Therefore it is appropriate to ask if those businesses would've failed within 5 years if they had started out with $1M on the books, and with a generous repayment schedule (if ever).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How many businesses start without an initial investment made using borrowed money, vs how many start out of someone working hard most their life and throwing their entire savings into the adventure?

I would bet most business start based on the latter.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And running businesses around the globe for the past 40+ years counts for nothing?

That is a fabrication. If we count his business as "real estate development and being a slumlord" then he's done that business for longer than that. If you're talking about his foreign deals, those are licensing agreements for his name. He doesn't run those businesses. In the 80s, he figured out he can make more money as a lifestyle personality.

But, to answer your question, yes it counts for nothing, especially the way Trump does business. The question itself reveals a certain level of (understandable) ignorance about how foreign policy works. And why we have a professional military and foreign service that deserves better than be led by amateurs.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That is a fabrication. If we count his business as "real estate development and being a slumlord" then he's done that business for longer than that. If you're talking about his foreign deals, those are licensing agreements for his name. He doesn't run those businesses. In the 80s, he figured out he can make more money as a lifestyle personality.

But, to answer your question, yes it counts for nothing, especially the way Trump does business. The question itself reveals a certain level of (understandable) ignorance about how foreign policy works. And why we have a professional military and foreign service that deserves better than be led by amateurs.

You do realize that you submitted being born in canada as foreign policy experience, right?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You do realize that you submitted being born in canada as foreign policy experience, right?

haha

Technically, I submitted (and stand by) that being a Cuban American born in Canada to a Canadian parent is more foreign policy experience than 99% of Americans. I'll go even further and say that those facts alone surpass Trump's experience.

Here's an analogy. I've known very good race car drivers. They take every advantage available in a car. They can talk all day along about how to get better performance out of it. Yet, they wouldn't have the first clue about how to build one, let alone design one.

I have no doubt that Trump is very adept at maximizing his profits in foreign countries within the framework that our policy has provided. That has absolutely nothing to do with whether he knows how it works, or how to make it. Different skills.

But, foreign policy doesn't win domestic elections.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And why we have a professional military and foreign service that deserves better than be led by amateurs.

OK, it would be nice to have a little more relevant experience in play. The problem is that we have our choices between the absence of experience in the majority of candidates, and that one special exception of Hillary's demonstrated track record of being someone who is dangerous to allow near foreign policy in any way, shape, or form. So then, which potential write-in candidate do you recommend?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    OK, it would be nice to have a little more relevant experience in play. The problem is that we have our choices between the absence of experience in the majority of candidates, and that one special exception of Hillary's demonstrated track record of being someone who is dangerous to allow near foreign policy in any way, shape, or form. So then, which potential write-in candidate do you recommend?
    Wait - we get to write in candidates? :D

I think Cruz's policies and advisers are more developed than the others at this point. Rubio's were ok. I think Kasich has been around long enough to know the right people.

Part of it, though, boils down to principles. Obama's lack of meaningful principles is (IMHO) the main reason for an unfocused foreign policy. Kasich has the most developed sense of principles, I think.

I do not believe Trump has revealed any foreign policy adviser of any merit. Or maybe even at all.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Let us not forget Hillary's demonstrated greater experience at sending men to their death

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Huh? I thought the problem was, she didn't send anybody?

The problem is sending first a group too small to defend itself, ignoring requests for increased security, and then refusing to send the cavalry, which was ready to go, when the SHTF. Multilayered fail, so we can't pull just one layer out of the stack.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And you could take a $1,000,000 loan and transform it into billions? I suspect you are overestimating your abilities if so...

Billions? Wellllll, idunno. Trump has embellished his net worth, particularly the value of his brand. As if he could liquidate his name and have that become several billion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom