Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    3o7abkti7UphSopcl2.gif

Was Bernie trying to grab Trump's ass? I knew he was a lefty, but didn't know he was that far out in left field.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In the interest of fair play....

Trump?

Speaking of quotes:
    Our program is simple: we wish to govern [America]. They ask us for programs but there are already too many. It is not programs that are wanting for the salvation of [America] but men and will power.
    Speeches made to the people are essential to the arousing of enthusiasm....
    The watchword is only one, categorical and challenging for everyone. It already flies across and lights the hearts from the [Atlantic] to the [Pacific]: Winning! And we will win, in order to finally give a long period of peace with justice to [America], to Europe, to the world.

Not Trump. Nor Hitler (so as to avoid running afoul of Godwin's Law).

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Different guy, this time an American (slight modification of pronouns):
    I find our population suffering from old inequalities, little changed by vast sporadic remedies. In spite of our efforts and in spite of our talk, we have not weeded out the over privileged and we have not effectively lifted up the underprivileged. Both of these manifestations of injustice have retarded happiness. No wise man has any intention of destroying what is known as the profit motive; because by the profit motive we mean the right by work to earn a decent livelihood for ourselves and for our families.
    Work must be found for able-bodied but destitute workers. The Federal Government must and shall quit this business of relief.
    An American Government cannot permit Americans to starve.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Problem 1: they didn't ask voters who they were going to vote for, then select for that.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/fz4kxi611b/econToplines.pdf

They asked if people "follow what’s going on in government and public affairs."

That's where the 53% number comes from - all respondents.

Only 34% of respondents voted in the last Republican primary. Yet, it appears all respondents could respond to all questions.

If you drill down:
    https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/055qdf83nv/econTabReport.pdf

About 32% of registered voters responded that they wanted Trump as the nominee. That's in line with polling. (ETC: in a different place, it looks like 45% of self-identifying Republicans want Trump.)

Problem 2 (maybe): 48% of respondents believe Trump will say what people want to hear.

Methodology is important.

ETA:
    Interesting tidbit - Kasich appears to be top choice among self-identifying Republicans for 2nd choice.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Interesting tidbit - Kasich appears to be top choice among self-identifying Republicans for 2nd choice.

I'm fine with that. He's a pushover. I can't see a President Kasich, liberal as he is, going nuts with EOs.

He's like VP Blythe, if anyone watches House of Cards.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'm fine with that. He's a pushover. I can't see a President Kasich, liberal as he is, going nuts with EOs.

He's like VP Blythe, if anyone watches House of Cards.

I can't decide if the real candidates are better or worse than the Underwoods.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When Soros Himself is worried, you know the establishment is losing their ****:

Soros, Alarmed by Trump, Pours Money into 2016 Race - Bloomberg Politics

Maybe that should be posted in the "arguments for Trump" thread.

I don't know why you bother. They either don't care, or if they do care they deny or rationalize it. Just give up. Trump is going to win the nomination. And then Hillary will quickly appoint another Ruth Buzzy Ginsburg.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe that should be posted in the "arguments for Trump" thread.

I don't know why you bother. They either don't care, or if they do care they deny or rationalize it. Just give up. Trump is going to win the nomination. And then Hillary will quickly appoint another Ruth Buzzy Ginsburg.

There can be no excuses remaining as they abandon their morals and conscience. When the "but Bush" nonsense inevitably starts... these posts will remain as evidence, and they will be reminded that they were warned and informed at every turn.

That, and I'm not a quitter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom