Not open for further replies.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Just read this:

"The *establishment* composed of journos, BS-Vending talking heads with well-formulated verbs, bureaucrato-cronies, lobbyists-in training, New Yorker-reading semi-intellectuals, image-conscious empty suits, Washington rent-seekers and other "well thinking" members of the vocal elites are not getting the point about what is happening and the sterility of their arguments. People are not voting for Trump (or Sanders). People are just voting, finally, to destroy the establishment." (source: https://www.facebook.com/nntaleb/posts/10153654273663375)

I find it hard to disagree with this.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Easy, compare what historians say today about presidents in the past.

I bought heavy into NFA in the early 80s, so I'm right about a few things.:)

Historians today/yesterday aren't historians of the future. Heck, many historians who were considered reputable, at one point, are now hacks.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Historians today/yesterday aren't historians of the future. Heck, many historians who were considered reputable, at one point, are now hacks.

And I'm sure there some that were considered hacks in the past have been rehabilitated. You're from Carmel, I'm from the woods, it's an opinion on an Indiana gun forum, Sunday night.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE

You would be correct. We have an epidemic of libs trying to rewrite history. Lest you want to get called a bigot.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

That's because everything has shifted to the left.

Once this country takes a hard right swing, we'll be back on track again and actual documented history won't be thrown out the window in favor of college student's feelings.

if you want to know who a hack/fraud historian is, ask them what the cause of the civil war was. It's a very effective litmus test.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Future objective historians won't be kind to him, he's about out of time for a legacy.

What are you talking about? He was the first black president.

Easy, compare what historians say today about presidents in the past.

I bought heavy into NFA in the early 80s, so I'm right about a few things.:)

It doesn't matter. History is written by whomever controls the text books.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's because everything has shifted to the left.

Once this country takes a hard right swing, we'll be back on track again and actual documented history won't be thrown out the window in favor of college student's feelings.

if you want to know who a hack/fraud historian is, ask them what the cause of the civil war was. It's a very effective litmus test.

Wait. You really think the country is going to turn hard right? Please share what you're smoking. I'd really like to feel that way too but reality keeps getting in the way. We're headed left. Except for a few corrections, we have been for generations. If we want to turn it right we'll have to get right leaning people in classrooms, and courtrooms, and boardrooms.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Wait. You really think the country is going to turn hard right? Please share what you're smoking. I'd really like to feel that way too but reality keeps getting in the way. We're headed left. Except for a few corrections, we have been for generations. If we want to turn it right we'll have to get right leaning people in classrooms, and courtrooms, and boardrooms.

It can't go any further to the left without looping back around to the right in the process.

All it requires to end this mess is publically humiliating any leftist you can find where ever you find them, especially children.
    They're doing a pretty good job of it themselves.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    It can't go any further to the left without looping back around to the right in the process.

All it requires to end this mess is publically humiliating any leftist you can find where ever you find them, especially children.

I want to fix this mess too Tombs, but I don't think humiliating children is going to get the job done.

I think Jamil is on the right track about getting right leaning folks into the classrooms. If we cannot do that in public school classrooms, then we need to find other classrooms. One of my buddies is fighting the good fight as a 4H club leader (shooting sports, of course) and I bet his kids are going to be pretty hard to turn lefty.

Don't get me wrong, if I thought you could fix this country by publicly humiliating little kids, I would go back to school to become a P.E. teacher tomorrow.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I want to fix this mess too Tombs, but I don't think humiliating children is going to get the job done.

I think Jamil is on the right track about getting right leaning folks into the classrooms. If we cannot do that in public school classrooms, then we need to find other classrooms. One of my buddies is fighting the good fight as a 4H club leader (shooting sports, of course) and I bet his kids are going to be pretty hard to turn lefty.

Don't get me wrong, if I thought you could fix this country by publicly humiliating little kids, I would go back to school to become a P.E. teacher tomorrow.

If views are cultivated and not shut down early in life, then you end up with a democrat by the time they're old enough to vote. Take a look at the recent college hysteria if you want an example of what failure to intervene looks like.

A result of what me me me, I I I, gimmie gimmie gimmie ideology leads to.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If views are cultivated and not shut down early in life, then you end up with a democrat by the time they're old enough to vote. Take a look at the recent college hysteria if you want an example of what failure to intervene looks like.

A result of what me me me, I I I, gimmie gimmie gimmie ideology leads to.

Man, I agree with your characterization of what it's turned into. But humiliating people doesn't tend to make them see things your way. It kinda pisses them off. Once someone's drank the koolaid you're probably not going to convince them otherwise. they're lost. ridiculing them won't change that. And it will probably turn off the people on the fence that you may have been able to otherwise convince. It took the progressives decades to get us to this point. I don't see us turning this ship on a dime.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Man, I agree with your characterization of what it's turned into. But humiliating people doesn't tend to make them see things your way. It kinda pisses them off. Once someone's drank the koolaid you're probably not going to convince them otherwise. they're lost. ridiculing them won't change that. And it will probably turn off the people on the fence that you may have been able to otherwise convince. It took the progressives decades to get us to this point. I don't see us turning this ship on a dime.

But somebody needs to grip the wheel that will at least start the turn. If we can get it moving to starboard it may be just as difficult to turn to port again

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It'll ever happen, but officials considering charging Trump with inciting a riot.

Presidential candidates crisscross NC on final day before primary :: WRAL.com

Cdh2S2uUkAIWXHq.jpg:large

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom