• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It'll ever happen, but officials considering charging Trump with inciting a riot.

Presidential candidates crisscross NC on final day before primary :: WRAL.com

Cdh2S2uUkAIWXHq.jpg:large

Have to love leftists, always blame the victim.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Whatever else I think of Trump, I don't think "inciting a riot" charges should be filed. However, I'll note with some irony that his use of "fighting words" mirrors those of the protesters in some instances, and surpasses them in most.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In the interest of fair play....
    America has never seen a presidential candidate like this before. Detractors point to his lack of political experience, his poor grasp of policy, his alleged autocratic leanings and his shady past. They believe this man without much of a political platform (but with interesting hair) has neither the qualifications nor the temperament to be president. Yet in defiance of conventional wisdom, he is leading his three main rivals in the race for the White House, and party bigwigs are at a loss how to respond.

Trump?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In the interest of fair play....

Trump?

Nope. Andrew Jackson.

In many ways the general election of 1824 mirrors the Republican primary today. Following the collapse of the Federalist Party some years earlier, America was effectively under single-party rule, and all four candidates were members of the same political party, the Democratic-Republicans. In that way, 1824 was more like an extended primary campaign than a general election—a primary that would determine not just the direction of the nation, but also the fate of the party. And, as is the case in the GOP today, voters in 1824 appeared restless for change, and the most popular candidate was viewed as unacceptable by many in the party establishment.
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/gop-2016-andrew-jackson-1824-213726

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jackson was an interesting man. Won 103 duels, nearly beat a man to death with a cane, and his parrot was cussing so profoundly at his funeral that it had to be removed.

Which all made him the best qualified candidate in the race. I want my president wielding a fowl mouthed parrot on his shoulder.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Whatever else I think of Trump, I don't think "inciting a riot" charges should be filed. However, I'll note with some irony that his use of "fighting words" mirrors those of the protesters in some instances, and surpasses them in most.

Which side gets to wear the brown shirts this time?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom