INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Meanwhile this is the kind of stuff hillary does to the press:
    Hillary-reporters.jpg

That's for the reporters safety, too close and you might get slimed.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If voting made a difference they wouldn't let us do it (something like that)
    -Mark Twain (I think)

One of the dumbest statements in American history. Welcome to pure, unbridled apathy, the kind that has continually pushed the country down the gutter.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One of the dumbest statements in American history. Welcome to pure, unbridled apathy, the kind that has continually pushed the country down the gutter.

Dumbest? How so? There's LOTS of truth to that statement.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Dumbest? How so? There's LOTS of truth to that statement.

It's pure apathy.

If you think elections are pointless, then why are we even discussing politics, why are we even considering candidates? All of this matters, dismissing it is absurd.

I have many more things I would say about this, but I'd rather not be banned.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's pure apathy.

If you think elections are pointless, then why are we even discussing politics, why are we even considering candidates? All of this matters, dismissing it is absurd.

Banned? Why would you be banned.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's pure apathy.

I think you're taking what Kut said as more than it was intended. I'm familiar with the quote. I agree with it. We really don't have much choice in our elections. It's rigged that way on purpose. The two parties are dominant for a reason. Quoting that isn't apathy. Probably a little frustration, but not apathy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The alternative to ballots is bullets, take a guess.

Ooooh, and based on today's climate I'd say Twain's quote is correct. There's a reason why people have in recent years have taken notice of the second amendment. It's either what you're inferring, or they are simply paranoid.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    And the POTUS weighs in;
    US election 2016: Obama warns against campaign anger - BBC News

He said: "What the folks who are running for office should be focused on is how we can make it even better - not insults and schoolyard taunts and manufacturing facts, not divisiveness along the lines of race and faith."

So Trump has been doing it wrong - you wait until you get into office, then you can;
    - be dishonest about gun control stats
    - call people who disagree with you bitter clingers
    - call your political opponents "terrorists"
    - tell the people you need to work with for the next four years "I won" deal with it

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And the POTUS weighs in;
    US election 2016: Obama warns against campaign anger - BBC News

He said: "What the folks who are running for office should be focused on is how we can make it even better - not insults and schoolyard taunts and manufacturing facts, not divisiveness along the lines of race and faith."

So Trump has been doing it wrong - you wait until you get into office, then you can;
    - be dishonest about gun control stats
    - call people who disagree with you bitter clingers
    - call your political opponents "terrorists"
    - tell the people you need to work with for the next four years "I won" deal with it

The great uniter.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Future objective historians won't be kind to him, he's about out of time for a legacy.

Unless your stargate wormhole intersected with a solar flare, how would you know how future historians will say about him?

Kut (wonders)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    "Technically" there has never been one.

I agree with this!

Dude is bi-racial. Saying he is "black" because he had one black parent is -- and I offer this respectfully, as an opinion -- kind of racist. It is like the olde tyme "one drop rule" where having any black ancestor often made someone have to assume a lesser status in society. (Mixed Race America - Who Is Black? One Nation's Definition | Jefferson's Blood | FRONTLINE | PBS) Of course, he can call himself whatever he wants, it's a free country.

Frankly, until we have a real black guy President who lived on the mainland USA his whole life, I think Obama's a poser! :):

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Unless your stargate wormhole intersected with a solar flare, how would you know how future historians will say about him?

Kut (wonders)

Easy, compare what historians say today about presidents in the past.

I bought heavy into NFA in the early 80s, so I'm right about a few things.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom