• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If Trump is responsible, why is it the other side's people who are engaging in illegal and violent behavior?

Because by breaching the walls of their mental safe space, Trump left them no recourse except to take hammers and bats downtown and attempt to intimidate people who don't agree with them

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One would assume, since this operation succeeded in shutting down the Trump rally, that we will see it continue to occur in the future. I think it will become difficult for Trump and eventually any Republican to hold a campaign event near an urban center. In the old days, the mayor would not allow such lawlessness because the citizens in the city would vote him out of office for it. Now if he doesn't allow the lawlessness, he might get voted out.

Which is why I disagree with Kut's assessment that this is soley the result of Trump's doings. He might have created or fostered the environment for the brown-shirted-thuggishness we see inside of his rallies but the thuggishness we saw last night, I don't know how we lay this at Trump's feet. Those people got their impetus from elsewhere.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Which is why I disagree with Kut's assessment that this is soley the result of Trump's doings. He might have created or fostered the environment for the brown-shirted-thuggishness we see inside of his rallies but the thuggishness we saw last night, I don't know how we lay this at Trump's feet. Those people got their impetus from elsewhere.
    Oh no, moveon.org and Bernie Sanders have both taken credit and thanked their minions for the many hours of preparation for the event. Domestic terrorist Bill Ayres attended the riot. They appear to be trying to assert mob rule or as Kirk Freeman likes to say, the heckler's veto. They cause violence at a Trump rally, then will try to prevent future rallies on the basis that Trump's rallies are violent.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Oh no, moveon.org and Bernie Sanders have both taken credit and thanked their minions for the many hours of preparation for the event. Domestic terrorist Bill Ayres attended the riot. They appear to be trying to assert mob rule or as Kirk Freeman likes to say, the heckler's veto. They cause violence at a Trump rally, then will try to prevent future rallies on the basis that Trump's rallies are violent.
    I would say it was a ALINSKY rule number 6,and a some number10 for the effect.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

Chilling effect...
    Trump protesters cheer after GOP front-runner cancels rally | Cincinnati Sun Times

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm becoming more and more sympathetic to Trump's candidacy with each violent act and each time the victims are blamed for that violence.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm becoming more and more sympathetic to Trump's candidacy with each violent act and each time the victims are blamed for that violence.
    I feel the same way especially when I hear Cruz and Rubio on TV this morning excusing the rioters and blaming Trump.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    281g6dx.jpg

Flying foreign flags on our soil and forcibly shutting down the free speech of American citizens.

This is a million times more effective than any campaign ad or rally for Trump. He wins again.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

I feel the same way especially when I hear Cruz and Rubio on TV this morning excusing the rioters and blaming Trump.

281g6dx.jpg

Flying foreign flags on our soil and forcibly shutting down the free speech of American citizens.

This is a million times more effective than any campaign ad or rally for Trump. He wins again.

Indeed.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I feel just like many of you. I have seen people thrown out of a Trump rally for just standing there. They didn't have signs and were not planning to disrupt the event in any way. It's not against the law to voice opposition. If asked to leave and the person leaves, there is no problem; there has never been a problem other than the thugs at these rallies attacking people. However, some believe it's okay to punch, spit on and kick others for voicing their beliefs. If Trump didn't act like he does, he probably would have been out of this long ago. So, yeah, I'm tired of the foolishness and division he's intentionally caused.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I feel just like many of you. I have seen people thrown out of a Trump rally for just standing there. They didn't have signs and were not planning to disrupt the event in any way. It's not against the law to voice opposition. If asked to leave and the person leaves, there is no problem; there has never been a problem other than the thugs at these rallies attacking people. However, some believe it's okay to punch, spit on and kick others for voicing their beliefs. If Trump didn't act like he does, he probably would have been out of this long ago. So, yeah, I'm tired of the foolishness and division he's intentionally caused.

The country is divided, and has been since way before Trump came into the picture. I'd like to thank him for bringing to light the true nature of the leftists who hate our country. They are proving him right at every turn.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

It was so refreshing to see that happen in Chicago.
    The left was wrong last night. Full stop,end of story.
    It's my bet they will continue to act in this manner, and violence will escalate. And that's on them, and them alone. I hope that the right doesn't stoop to their level, but I have my doubts.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

That's funny Que. It also isn't what happened jwhen hundreds of people descended on the Trump rally to disrupt and intimidate. Stop supporting the victimizers. You are just generating more votes for Trump.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The country is divided, and has been since way before Trump came into the picture. I'd like to thank him for bringing to light the true nature of the leftists who hate our country. They are proving him right at every turn.

The country was divided before Trump, but he's causing an entirely different segment of people to stop caring. These are people who didn't care about division, but treated all people with the level of respect they earned. That is going down the drain and it has nothing to do with political ideologies. People are not going to be treated with enmity for no reason, other than opposing another group. This blame rests solely on Donald Trump.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    What I watched last night on TV was a whole lot of folks that were asked to leave and they just escalated the situation by refusing to leave.
    If this disruption of peoples rights being infringed continues I believe it will escalate past the pushing , shoving , ranting and occasional pop in the face.
    It looked to me that the malcontents were throwing lots of punches last night.

Thank God Mr Trump hasent told folks to jump of bridges.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It was so refreshing to see that happen in Chicago.
    The left was wrong last night. Full stop,end of story.
    It's my bet they will continue to act in this manner, and violence will escalate. And that's on them, and them alone. I hope that the right doesn't stoop to their level, but I have my doubts.

The event didn't happen, so there wasn't an opportunity to ask anyone to leave. If the event had happened and it was disrupted and those doing it refused to leave, they would be trespassing. If they refused to leave, they should have been arrested.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What I watched last night on TV was a whole lot of folks that were asked to leave and they just escalated the situation by refusing to leave.
    If this disruption of peoples rights being infringed continues I believe it will escalate past the pushing , shoving , ranting and occasional pop in the face.
    It looked to me that the malcontents were throwing lots of punches last night.

After the rally was cancelled, both groups remained. I saw people from both groups throwing punches, but I've read where some said that was okay (including Trump), because people need it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom