• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    The event didn't happen, so there wasn't an opportunity to ask anyone to leave. If the event had happened and it was disrupted and those doing it refused to leave, they would be trespassing. If they refused to leave, they should have been arrested.

What news channel were you watching last night ???
    NeverNeverland TV

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The country was divided before Trump, but he's causing an entirely different segment of people to stop caring. These are people who didn't care about division, but treated all people with the level of respect they earned. That is going down the drain and it has nothing to do with political ideologies. People are not going to be treated with enmity for no reason, other than opposing another group. This blame rests solely on Donald Trump.

I give him credit for bringing to the surface what has been simmering for a long time.
    Get used to it. He will be President.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The country was divided before Trump, but he's causing an entirely different segment of people to stop caring. These are people who didn't care about division, but treated all people with the level of respect they earned. That is going down the drain and it has nothing to do with political ideologies. People are not going to be treated with enmity for no reason, other than opposing another group. This blame rests solely on Donald Trump.

The hypocrisy flows from the White House on down. Now, his supporters are starting to feel what we've been feeling for the last 7 years. The blame most certainly does not rest solely or even primarily with Trump. As you say, treat people with the level of respect they earned. Truer words have never been spoken. I hope Trump lives up to that statement good and hard.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yes, I am sure all of them would leave peacefully when asked...

321C2CA200000578-3488651-image-a-3_1457790448842.jpg

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Alinskyite tactics aren't respectable. Those who have been practicing them should be treated with the respect they've so richly earned.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    The event didn't happen, so there wasn't an opportunity to ask anyone to leave. If the event had happened and it was disrupted and those doing it refused to leave, they would be trespassing. If they refused to leave, they should have been arrested.

Now there's a novel justification.

Let's see... venue doors are open and lights on; check. Security in place; check. Attendees in the building; check. Lights and sound set up; check. Media ensconced on their riser; check. Yep. You're right, there was obviously no scheduled event where protected political speech was to take place.

As an aside, the curly haired woman with the earpiece was head of Bill Clinton's security detail in 2008.

ETA: Can I take your post as a "get out of jail free" card if I choose to disrupt a Clinton/Sanders rally by whatever means I deem necessary? You know... as long as they haven't taken the stage.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Now there's a novel justification.

Let's see... venue doors are open and lights on; check. Security in place; check. Attendees in the building; check. Lights and sound set up; check. Media ensconced on their riser; check. Yep. You're right, there was obviously no scheduled event where protected political speech was to take place.

As an aside, the curly haired woman with the earpiece was head of Bill Clinton's security detail in 2008.

Where did I say there wasn't an event scheduled?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I feel the same way especially when I hear Cruz and Rubio on TV this morning excusing the rioters and blaming Trump.

Yeah, I'm not comfortable with this. But I'm going to resist getting sucked into either side of this sad situation.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm just waiting on someone to blame the Jews.

Well, George Soros has been linked to helping orchestrate the Occupy/BLM movements.... so in a round about way....

Although, he was a nazi collaborator and sold his own people into the gas chambers........

I think this is the same gentleman.

321EE18000000578-3488651-image-m-23_1457791458093.jpg

Peacefully leaving, they were going to high five and fist bump in mutual appreciation of each others point of view but the white dude screwed up the timing.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Couldn't have said it better:
    I’m disappointed to see people’s eagerness to stop Trump causing them to forget, or ignore, this basic American principle: Offensive speech doesn’t justify violence. And here’s a hint for those throwing stones: “He made me feel bad so I had to burn down his house” is the essence of fascism.

Exit question: Since MoveOn has been so public about taking credit, will Trump sue them for conspiring to deprive him of his civil rights? Because I would, and the discovery would be fascinating.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom