Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep, and when someone does that enough times... you start to wonder if they're actually trying to win.

I've kinda thought of it more as pathological. I think Trump can't stand to have someone else be in the news. If he hammered away at all her scandals he'd be making her the focal point. I just think he can't seem to allow that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As a Kasich supporter, that's what frustrates me sooooo much. (you listening Bug? ;))

We republicans fractured at a time when we needed to come to together and get from chains of 8 years of a Democratic White House. At that point during the election cycle a very clear argument for Kasich (the higher percentage chance of win) would be "Think of the Supreme Court".

However, those pleas fell on deaf ears and we ended up with Trump. And now what are Trump supporters saying, "Think of the Supreme Court"!

:n00b:

It's a too late for that now. You folks had your chance, and you blew it.

What I'm hearing is "You should have unified around the candidate I (Jetta) wanted"

What I wish I was hearing was "We (Jetta, et al) should have unified around the candidate that the most people wanted"

Trump is close to the MoE despite having to weather friendly fire (still) as well as DNC attacks. Do you think if neverTrump and the Johnson brigade had swallowed their pride and gotten behind the nominee earlier we would see Trump even or leading in the polls?

Running with Casich Milquetoast would be Romney Redux. A principled defeat is still a defeat; and this election is a streetfight, not a bout governed by The Marquess of Queensbury

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Well, he is doing something right for many folks.

[video=youtube;7Ag8dmCQN0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ag8dmCQN0E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Okay Bug...You posted that so I am going to post this before jetta, jamil, or tlex think of it to try and poke fun at us or our candidate....They are going to be bummed we did it first...:) I'll even do their comments...

"Uh...Didn't you mean to post this Kinks song Bug102??":):

[video=youtube;FlM52fUrNz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlM52fUrNz4[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What I'm hearing is "You should have unified around the candidate I (Jetta) wanted"

What I wish I was hearing was "We (Jetta, et al) should have unified around the candidate that the most people wanted"
    My point was that TwangBanger said the Kasich had the easy win. We threw that away in favor of this uphill battle. Perhaps our difference is philosophical - I'd rather have an R in the White House than a D there and I'm left with bragging rights about supporting a Great nominee.
    Trump is close to the MoE despite having to weather friendly fire (still) as well as DNC attacks. Do you think if neverTrump and the Johnson brigade had swallowed their pride and gotten behind the nominee earlier we would see Trump even or leading in the polls?
    Perhaps. Do you ever think it's because people find Trump so distasteful than Hillary is the preferred nominee? It's not like we didn't warn you.
    Running with Casich Milquetoast would be Romney Redux.
    I'd much rather have either of those than Hillary.
    A principled defeat is still a defeat;
    Will you tell yourself this when Hillary is sworn in, or will the tune change?
    and this election is a streetfight, not a bout governed by The Marquess of Queensbury
    Create all the metaphors you want, it still comes down to casting votes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have fought the best fight I know how. I believe Trump can win, not that he necessarily will. If Sauron still prevails I will sleep soundly knowing I went down swinging. Then on November 9th I'll get up and deal with the new reality as best I can

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    My point was that TwangBanger said the Kasich had the easy win. We threw that away in favor of this uphill battle...

Eh, not so fast. :nono: Kasich had an excellent chance to beat Hillary. But, we never got the chance to see what the DNC + Team Hillary + the Media could have done to destroy his image, if he crossed the line to the nomination and ran against their gurrl.

We'll never know. (Until 2024?)

But (and don't forget this), once the GOP nominates a candidate who voted for the Assault Weapon Ban while in Congress, how do we step back from that? "The NRA's grip on the GOP has been broken!" I can just hear it now.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I have fought the best fight I know how. I believe Trump can win, not that he necessarily will. If Sauron still prevails I will sleep soundly knowing I went down swinging. Then on November 9th I'll get up and deal with the new reality as best I can

Without any sense of irony, I'm similarly prepared for either an HRC or Trump "win" ever since the Indiana primary.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Running with Casich Milquetoast would be Romney Redux. A principled defeat is still a defeat; and this election is a streetfight, not a bout governed by The Marquess of Queensbury

That may be what you're hearing. But I don't think that's what he's saying. You nominated a person who many people really can't stand, and you based your fierce loyalty on him saying magical words that most people are able to recognize as a con. The guy may be okay at building a fortune swindling people in the game of real estate, but that doesn't fit him for POTUS. And then you complain that people recognize that fact and don't want to support him. And you think it's all about sour grapes. That may help dull the cognitive dissonance, but the reality is, people see Trump as just that bad. Don't blame me because I can't take him seriously as a POTUS candidate. If he wants me to take him seriously, he needs to seriously up his game. I'm just not smitten with "Build the wall!" (that he's not actually planning to build).

About the Romney Redux. This isn't aimed at you because you weren't on INGO at the time. Many of the people complaining about the reasons #nevertrumpers won't support Trump now, didn't support Romney for much the same reasons. Romney violated their principles much the same as Trump violates #nevertrumpers principles. But for the Trumpers who flipflopped, and are now using the same rhetoric that the Romney supporters used then against #neverromney, don't blame me for not taking you guys seriously.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If not for 30 years of establishment Republicans screwing us over there wouldn't be Trump. They had decades to get it right and never did.

Is that really the hurdle? If so, it is unattainable. "Right" is not better than "better."

Isn't the measure whether they have been better than Dems? That's the current advocacy for Trump: he's better than Hillary.

Well, Romney would've been better than Obama. GOPe lost that battle in large part because the people now supporting Trump stayed home or voted for Obama. That's a demographic generalization, of course, but it is based in truth.

They have their nominee and millions of people in support. I wish them good luck, but I still cannot support their candidate.

And there's another problem here. When fighting the establishment, once you win, you become the establishment. In the movie The Untouchables, there's a great line. "I have become what I have beheld and I am content that I have done right."

Well, Trump is no Eliot Ness. (In fairness, the TV/movie Eliot Ness wasn't even Eliot Ness.)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If not for 30 years of establishment Republicans screwing us over there wouldn't be Trump. They had decades to get it right and never did.

That's something I can agree with. I just don't believe Trump is the answer. I think he's a snake oil salesman who recognizes an opportunity to sell his stuff.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That's something I can agree with. I just don't believe Trump is the answer. I think he's a snake oil salesman who recognizes an opportunity to sell his stuff.

Establishment Republicans have proven time and again they aren't the answer, they don't have the answer, and they can't figure it out. Foisting yet another establishment Republican on us was destined to fail. Trump may not be the answer, but LOTS of people see him as a chance worth taking because he CAN'T be worse than what we've had, and he might actually be better.

If you slap me in the face enough times after pretending to want to shake my hand, don't be surprised when I don't want to shake your hand anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom