ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ghazala Khan Responds To Donald Trump In Op-Ed | RedState

Donald Trump had better wake up to reality: He's going to be criticized. From all sides. Yet, instead of politely disagreeing with the Khans while acknowledging their grief, he chooses to go the ******* route because that's who he is as a person. He spends more time engaging in pissing matches with people than running an actual campaign.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When I read the linked article, which trumpets 'Ghazala Khan responds to Donald Trump' I noticed something.

You quoted Jay Caruso (author) and not Ghazala Khan. Not enough venom in her actual words?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    [h=1]Media hypocrisy about grieving parents on full display[/h]

http://theamericanmirror.com/medias-hypocrisy-grieving-parents-full-display/

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Make no mistake, EVERYONE on the stage at the DNC Convention is our enemy. Mr Kahn willing joined them to be disingenuous with his message. He was recruited as a hit man, no different than Cindy Sheehan or Sandra Fluke.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    A month old, but interesting considering the man's background and recent history.

[video=youtube;pHJhnaHJAMg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHJhnaHJAMg[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Talk radio Trump supporter, Bill Mitchell

In WWII, you were a hero if you risked your life taking out a machine gun to save your platoon. Now, ur a hero if you step on a landmine. Hate to spit in the politically correct punchbowl but getting shot or blown up in the line of duty makes you a soldier, not a hero.

I hope this pivot to insulting soldiers works for them.

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/760147028743716864

Going after mom and dad isn't enough. Have to go after the KIA son, too. This is how it is with the cult-sect of Trump supporters... make it about the people that don't like you, your enemies... Because you damn sure don't have a leg to stand on if you make it about ideas.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Going after mom and dad isn't enough. Have to go after the KIA son, too. This is how it is with the cult-sect of Trump supporters... make it about the people that don't like you, your enemies... Because you damn sure don't have a leg to stand on if you make it about ideas.

So-
    Is there a limit to your level of "Stooping" that you'll go to try to discredit Trump here? :dunno:

Your barrel has been scraped clean for awhile now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, I'm curious, what does INGO say that Trump has sacrificed. That was really the core of Khan's rhetorical flourish.

And yes, I know, HRC hasn't sacrificed anything of substance, either. Just wondering if INGO thinks Trump has.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So, I'm curious, what does INGO say that Trump has sacrificed. That was really the core of Khan's rhetorical flourish.

And yes, I know, HRC hasn't sacrificed anything of substance, either. Just wondering if INGO thinks Trump has.

The Companies That Have Dumped Donald Trump - ABC News

He's ditching out on a lot of dollars to run for president. And as people have already said, he could have thrown some money in investments and sat on a couch his whole life and been just as well off financially, instead he created jobs. Is it a charity? No, but I don't exactly think it's something to be overlooked. It's not equal to going to war for your country.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

He's ditching out on a lot of dollars to run for president. And as people have already said, he could have thrown some money in investments and sat on a couch his whole life and been just as well off financially, instead he created jobs. Is it a charity? No, but I don't exactly think it's something to be overlooked. It's not equal to going to war for your country.

A guy who has more money than he needs not making more money he doesn't need is a sacrifice?

Also, now that we know Trump's campaign has been paying market-prices for goods and services, there's doubt as to whether he's actually lost money on this.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

It's not new. Heroes don't get captured, after all. It's apparently impossible to disagree with someone politically without also trying to denigrate them. I don't know if it's worse if this is reality tv for ratings or if that's truly his personality.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What meets the bare minimum definition of sacrifice? Of ultimate sacrifice?

Are we to engage in offering up what we think is a sacrifice only to have it deemed not a sacrifice simply based on a difference in definition?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Where exactly do you think money invested in an index fund goes?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rep Mark Sanford, on Trump.

Regardless of if you support/dislike Trump... this is good advice. Flying off the handle isn't bringing anyone together.

Coy9RAnWAAAoBCD.jpg:large

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Also, on the jobs thing, that is a really bizarre retort on the question of sacrifice.

Trump wouldn't have his "billion" dollars if those people hadn't done the work for him. It isn't a sacrifice to make money off of other people's labor. That's called the profit motive.

He sacrificed nothing to create those jobs. It isn't like he would've made more if he'd done the work himself. He took on risk - sure - for which he was handsomely rewarded when it worked, and for which he dodged responsibility when it didn't.

I don't begrudge him his money, but making it wasn't a sacrifice.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Why would anyone pay any attention to Kahn? He was just another hack brought in by the DNC.

Lets talk about what Lena or Katy said... :rolleyes:

with-her.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom