• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, she said she regretted it. And that's about all she can do with what she's already said. She can't unsay it. If it took SCUTUS to decide this election, we're ****ed anyway, but if it came to that, Republicans would be crazy not to demand she recuses herself.

Impeachment. It's not just for presidents

Wait...

I see Pence's negatives as being hidden in Trump's penumbra.

Well, I'm going to guess the problem isn't with fiscal conservatism. I'd start by citing the Putzieness, and the fact that this is probably the worst choice Trump could make, since Pence has a lot of negatives that Dems can pounce on.

Pence isn't a deal breaker for me. It's really neutral, except if this is an example of executive decisions Trump would make in the White House, he ain't impressing me. But being as low as the bar is to be better than Hillary, Trump still has a little room left, even with selecting Pence.

I just live one state away and Pence is almost completely opaque to me. He's just never been on my radar for any reason. Maybe he was picked because he doesn't move the needle?

They've already started. Twitter is awash with Godwin's Law.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CnX4QRuW8AAVvJ8.jpg:large

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump SuperPAC falls just $19,955,000 short of $20M fundraising goal.

Spending 9 months telling sucker voters you are self-funding and demanding praise for it has consequences.

Cnc-tv5WAAAMISg.jpg:large

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm starting to think that the Pence pick was more about fundraising and less about "party unity"

Spending 9 months telling sucker voters you are self-funding and demanding praise for it has consequences.

Cnc-tv5WAAAMISg.jpg:large

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, I don't think Trumpers need to worry about party unity

"Never Trump" Movement Dies in Committee | RealClearPolitics

Some anti-Trump delegates on the Republican National Convention Rules Committee sought a strategy to unbind convention delegates, allowing them to vote their conscience against Trump even if they were bound to him by primary results. Delegates loyal to Trump and the Republican National Committee fought back by proposing a counter-measure to clarify that all delegates are bound to vote based on the primary results.

The votes came near the end of a marathon 14-hour session of the rules committee to set any changes ahead of next week’s convention to officially nominate Trump as the Republican presidential candidate. The first vote, on the pro-Trump measure to keep delegates bound, passed easily, 87 to 12.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/rnc-2016-donald-trump-delegates-225651

“It was the first time where the Trump operation and the RNC operation en masse melded as one,” said another source in the room, who called it a “watershed” moment of cooperation.

“Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered,” one participant in the meetings said.

Lolz

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bug, you think the party is unified? As you know, I'm not Trump's biggest fan. I really, really wish I didn't get stuck with Trump. But I did not support efforts to oust Trump at the convention because that would split the party even more and assure a Hillary win. Don't mistake that for being unified behind Trump. That 81% figure makes me think there are more people like me than there are Trumpers. I'm only voting for him because there isn't a better choice right now. That's not party unity. I'm not fiercely loyal. I'll drop him like a used rubber if he gives me a reason to start believing he'll appoint a progressive to SCOTUS.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Pay no attention to the $51 million Trump raised in June. Especially ignore the $26 million of that total, that came from 400,000 online donations, mostly in the last 10 days of the month:

Donald Trump raised more than $26 million through online and mail solicitations in June and another $25 million at events with the Republican National Committee, his campaign announced Wednesday, a hefty haul that his allies hope will put to rest anxieties in the party about his fundraising prowess.

The combined $51 million falls short of the $68.5 million that Democratic contender Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party collected in June, which included $40.5 million she raised directly for her campaign. But it was the biggest monthly take by far for the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, who did not begin to hold fundraising events until late May. And it suggests Trump has the ability to quickly inject large sums of money into his campaign coffers by tapping into the fervor of his supporters.

Much of the campaign's money appears to have come in during the final 10 days of the month, when Trump’s operation began aggressively soliciting money online for the first time. The Trump campaign announced Wednesday that more than 400,000 supporters made donations in June...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-june-including-26-million-for-his-campaign/

Hmm. 400,000 donations, totaling $26 million, in 10 days. That's an average of $65 per donation, and 40,000 donations per day.

Clinton is going to need her SuperPACs, to keep up with that kind of grassroots fundraising.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Bug, you think the party is unified? As you know, I'm not Trump's biggest fan. I really, really wish I didn't get stuck with Trump. But I did not support efforts to oust Trump at the convention because that would split the party even more and assure a Hillary win. Don't mistake that for being unified behind Trump. That 81% figure makes me think there are more people like me than there are Trumpers. I'm only voting for him because there isn't a better choice right now. That's not party unity. I'm not fiercely loyal. I'll drop him like a used rubber if he gives me a reason to start believing he'll appoint a progressive to SCOTUS.

I wasn't mcLame's biggest fan, I wasn't romneys biggest fan either..... But I certainly voted for both over ohblamea.
    Also, remember the bamster carried Indiana in 08.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

If you skim the links you can see while I don't think Trump and the party are unified I think they are beginning to get comfortable with each other and pursue a common purpose. I hope that this is a (belated) realization that another Clinton presidency will be an unmitigated disaster and thus represents an embrace of Realpolitik

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you skim the links you can see while I don't think Trump and the party are unified I think they are beginning to get comfortable with each other and pursue a common purpose. I hope that this is a (belated) realization that another Clinton presidency will be an unmitigated disaster and thus represents an embrace of Realpolitik

I wouldn't classify that as "comfortable". It's only a pragmatic choice for me to vote for him. I'm not comfortable with Trump at all. And 'till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot nor tittle shall pass away from my discomfort until all is revealed.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Tony Schwartz
    President & CEO

Tony Schwartz is the CEO and founder of The Energy Project, which helps companies fuel sustainable high performance by better meeting the needs of their employees.

Tony's most recent book, The Way We're Working Isn't Working: The Four Forgotten Needs That Energize Great Performance, was a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller. His previous book, The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy Not Time, co-authored with Jim Loehr, spent four months on the New York Times bestseller list and has been translated into 28 languages. In 2013, Tony launched a biweekly column for the New York Times titled “Life@Work.” Tony is a contributor to numerous publications including The Huffington Post and Harvard Business Review, and for three years, he wrote the most popular blog on HBR.org. He is also a regular contributor to CBS This Morning.

Tony began his career as a journalist. He has been a reporter for the New York Times, an editor at Newsweek, a staff writer at Esquire, and a columnist for Fast Company. He also co-authored the #1 worldwide bestseller The Art of the Deal with Donald Trump, and wrote What Really Matters: Searching for Wisdom in America.

Tony has delivered keynotes to audiences around the world and has worked with leaders at dozens of organizations including Google, Unilever, Coca-Cola, EY, Genentech, Bank of America, Alcoa, Booz Allen Hamilton, and Whole Foods, as well as the World Economic Forum, the Los Angeles Police Department, and Conscious Capitalism.

[In for the Hillary $$$, I see]

Drawing on the multidisciplinary science of sustainable high performance, Tony’s abiding passion and lifelong commitment is to change the way the world works.

I predict his attempt to climb on Trump's shoulders will ... fail

Last edited:

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    I know, Bug, I know--everyone who doesn't support Trump isn't worth listening to because they are 'biased' or 'part of the left' or 'part of the establishment' or their 'father assassinated Kennedy' or some such.

Amazing how everyone agrees with you when the only people you'll listen to are the ones who already agree with you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom