• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How so? Do you not care for a fiscally conservative VP nominee?

I can't stand Mr Pence, but I wasn't going to vote for Trump otherwise.

The kind of voter that is attracted to the ticked by the likes of Mike Pence is already going to vote for Trump. The kind of voter that isn't sure may very well decide to save their vote, or cast it elsewhere because of Mike Pence.

He wants Hillary to win, and he is shoving it in our faces at this point.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The kind of voter that is attracted to the ticked by the likes of Mike Pence is already going to vote for Trump. The kind of voter that isn't sure may very well decide to save their vote, or cast it elsewhere because of Mike Pence.

I don't think this is necessarily true. I'm certainly not attracted to Trump, but all of his other choices would've confirmed that he wouldn't get my vote. With Pence, at least I'm still open to the thought of voting for him.

But, I don't blame Pence for the RFRA debacle. It wasn't his idea, he just went along with it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, it's not final. Only a couple stories based on unnamed sources.

Trump camp and others are denying hard that it's true.

Probably an intentional leak to see how people react

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Also, it's not final. Only a couple stories based on unnamed sources.

Trump camp and others are denying hard that it's true.

Probably an intentional leak to see how people react

I'm pretty sure there's an email to select people informing them how to prepare.

I know there's hard jockeying* for position to go for governor. The kind of thing that wouldn't be happening if Pence was staying. Unless he's also using it as a loyalty test.

*Not as much fun as it sounds.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

One issue, he diametrically opposed to Trump. Homosexuals. Pence doesn't want them in the military, he doesn't want gay marriages, and hell, he doesn't even support civil unions. The 2 former, ok I get conservative opposition, but civil unions? Why would anybody oppose that? If I was a HRC, there is where I'd start my attack.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    One issue, he diametrically opposed to Trump. Homosexuals. Pence doesn't want them in the military, he doesn't want gay marriages, and hell, he doesn't even support civil unions. The 2 former, ok I get conservative opposition, but civil unions? Why would anybody oppose that? If I was a HRC, there is where I'd start my attack.

Alright! :yesway:

Oh-
    You meant this as a bad thing......

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm pretty sure there's an email to select people informing them how to prepare.

I know there's hard jockeying* for position to go for governor. The kind of thing that wouldn't be happening if Pence was staying. Unless he's also using it as a loyalty test.

Dunno, Pence is a head-fake. I just wonder if he knows it yet.

Just sounds like more free publicity... here we are, talking about it... with every news outlet.

Edit: The AP is... very clear what's going on -

CnWMCRnW8AE0Jof.jpg:large

Last edited:

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart

I'm working hard to get drafted to be Governor. I will hem and haw then reluctantly take up the mantle.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm nearly positive Pence thinks its going to be Pence. I'm pretty sure Trump told Pence he was going to be picked.

That doesn't mean Trump will pick Pence.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    LOL, so now she won't have to recuse herself if there is an election dispute that goes up to SCOTUS?

Well, she said she regretted it. And that's about all she can do with what she's already said. She can't unsay it. If it took SCUTUS to decide this election, we're ****ed anyway, but if it came to that, Republicans would be crazy not to demand she recuses herself.

Wait...

Wow...he's managed to make himself less desirable during a general election.

Impressive.

I see Pence's negatives as being hidden in Trump's penumbra.

How so? Do you not care for a fiscally conservative VP nominee?

Well, I'm going to guess the problem isn't with fiscal conservatism. I'd start by citing the Putzieness, and the fact that this is probably the worst choice Trump could make, since Pence has a lot of negatives that Dems can pounce on.

Pence isn't a deal breaker for me. It's really neutral, except if this is an example of executive decisions Trump would make in the White House, he ain't impressing me. But being as low as the bar is to be better than Hillary, Trump still has a little room left, even with selecting Pence.

They've already started. Twitter is awash with Godwin's Law.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm nearly positive Pence thinks its going to be Pence. I'm pretty sure Trump told Pence he was going to be picked.

That doesn't mean Trump will pick Pence.

True.

Even the bookies were picking Pence 1:3 (bet 3 win 1). When I heard that I started to wonder if Trump would throw us off just to be unpredictable. It could easily happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom