GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Naked man takes over Times Square, screams about Donald Trump | New York Post

CmM3x76WgAEzJgB.jpg:large

TL; DR...any word on INGO username?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    [video=youtube;SIl20jItjHY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIl20jItjHY[/video]
    Who is that guy and does he understand how we elect presidents?
    Apparently the NRA and Oz need to ask you how to do it then?

Based on your posts, I'm more concerned about whether you understand it, frankly.

I know the NRA does. I'm not sure about Oz. (Although I do appreciate his service, he's being used by people with an agenda. Again.)

A lot of us are "being used by people with an agenda," according to you.

I guess you must be right, we should notify Oz and the NRA about the gullible fools they are.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A lot of us are "being used by people with an agenda," according to you.

I guess you must be right, we should notify Oz and the NRA about the gullible fools they are.

Speaking of gullibility, your location says you are in Indiana. Do you really believe that a non-vote for Trump in Indiana makes an HRC election more likely? Simple question.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I do. Large movement of Independent voters here. I think the 3rd party vote in IN will pull more from Trump than Hillary. In my home county it is the Republican side that has been divided along Libertarian/GOP lines. My personal experiences and encounters show the Republican Libertarian tie is much stronger than the Democratic Libertarian tie.

In 2008 how did Indiana vote, as in % for Republican Libertarian Green etc?

Speaking of gullibility, your location says you are in Indiana. Do you really believe that a non-vote for Trump in Indiana makes an HRC election more likely? Simple question.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I do. Large movement of Independent voters here. I think the 3rd party vote in IN will pull more from Trump than Hillary. In my home county it is the Republican side that has been divided along Libertarian/GOP lines. My personal experiences and encounters show the Republican Libertarian tie is much stronger than the Democratic Libertarian tie.

In 2008 how did Indiana vote, as in % for Republican Libertarian Green etc?

Mostly Dem. ;)

But in 2012, look how we went.

In the 2016 primaries, look how much Trump pulled down as opposed to Clinton. Even if both parties have minimal defections, Trump still wins convincingly. Any actual polling that says 3rd parties will take more from Trump?

Let's assume every Republican in Indiana who voted for Trump in the primary votes for him again and every Dem that voted for HRC votes again. And, then let's say 50% of Cruz/Sanders supporters follow the party. (That seems reasonable.) Trump wins 800k to 500k (round numbers). If the other 50% of Cruz/Sanders supporters go 3rd party, that's still only 370k. HUGE moral victory for 3rd party, but not enough to change the result.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

You keep asking that silly little question as if voting sentiment and discussion in Indiana has no effect on other state's voting outcomes.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You keep asking that silly little question as if voting sentiment and discussion in Indiana has no effect on other state's voting outcomes.
    It doesn't. Seriously. If you think it does, please tell me where you get that idea!

Or, in a different approach, please explain to me how not voting for Trump in Indiana increases the likelihood of HRC winning Florida. Or Virginia. Or someplace where the race is close.

A vote in Indiana only counts in Indiana. National polls don't predict EC results.

Jacky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2016
    South Central IN
    Third Party

For the first time in my life I am seriously considering NOT voting Republican.
    I am leaning toward the Libertarian candidates in a big way, and I'm pretty sure they can't win.

Proper credit to Trump and Bernie in that they have struck a nerve in the American people.

If not to win, I think there is a good chance to get a third party recognized as a player, which might not payoff in this election cycle, but would be a solid long term investment.

Between the Republicans and Dems with the major media cheerleaders leading the country by the nose,
    I feel like I've been offered the choice between a punch in the nose or a kick in the crotch.
    I'd like to have and I think it is time for another option.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It doesn't. Seriously. If you think it does, please tell me where you get that idea!

Or, in a different approach, please explain to me how not voting for Trump in Indiana increases the likelihood of HRC winning Florida. Or Virginia. Or someplace where the race is close.

A vote in Indiana only counts in Indiana. National polls don't predict EC results.

You'd be inspiring other potential Trump voters, in other states, to take the chance and vote third party. You're a subversive.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am leaning toward the Libertarian candidates in a big way, and I'm pretty sure they can't win.

Proper credit to Trump and Bernie in that they have struck a nerve in the American people.

If not to win, I think there is a good chance to get a third party recognized as a player, which might not payoff in this election cycle, but would be a solid long term investment.

Between the Republicans and Dems with the major media cheerleaders leading the country by the nose,
    I feel like I've been offered the choice between a punch in the nose or a kick in the crotch.
    I'd like to have and I think it is time for another option.

I'm right there with you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Johnson might actually get on the debate stage.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You'd be inspiring other potential Trump voters, in other states, to take the chance and vote third party. You're a subversive.

I've been called worse. (By better.) ;) :D

Fundamentally, I'm against the ferocious fearmongering factionalism.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It doesn't...

:rolleyes: Please explain how it doesn't.

Of course polling helps folks form their opinions of how to vote. Most folks will only vote when they believe they are helping to pick the winner.

Not to worry, no way those liberal Supreme Court judges can outlive us.
    rolleyesedit.gif

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :rolleyes: Please explain how it doesn't.

Of course polling helps folks form their opinions of how to vote. Most folks will only vote when they believe they are helping to pick the winner.

Not to worry, no way those liberal Supreme Court judges can outlive us. :rolleyes:

I see no reason to bully or attempt to shame a person due to their decision NOT to vote for a particular person. You like Trump, fine. Don't try to force you voting logic on anyone else.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom