Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Remember when I said Trump would really benefit from a terrorist attack happening in the US before the election?

Orlando might just do it.

Largest since 9/11.
    Deadliest shooting in US history.
    Depends on which media sources you're listening to. On a radio update they read the Twitter reactions of both candidates. First read Hillary's which was the typical politician's condolence. Trump's was 'I told you so" which made him sound like a thoughtless, heartless to douchebag. Now both of them are thoughtless, heartless douchebags, but Trump did tweet out the typical politician's condolance before he tweeted "I told you so". Selective bias is an advantage for the Dems.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The real effect will be to further deepen the existing schisms. Gun control advocates will push more strongly for HRC; gun rights folks will (by necessity) move further to Trump. I don't see a net gain for either of them, but more impassioned rhetoric.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Am I missing something? 50+ people are dead, and what do we get from Trump?.... not a condolence, not a prayer, not a thought for the victims and family. What we get is him boasting about being right about terrorism... he's a class act. Love, how he essentially say "Yep, I was right, but I didn't ask you to point out that I was right.... but I'm still right."

Purple, people!

You surprise me. Even I don't drink before noon........er.....during the week. :rolleyes:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Am I missing something? 50+ people are dead, and what do we get from Trump?.... not a condolence, not a prayer, not a thought for the victims and family. What we get is him boasting about being right about terrorism... he's a class act. Love, how he essentially say "Yep, I was right, but I didn't ask you to point out that I was right.... but I'm still right."

You can read it however you want... Huffpo quoted a "." when the real quote had a ",".

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

That wasn't his first tweet on the topic...

This was:

2gdhGFS.png

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was listening to Wilkow on the radio today. He had the head of the Log Cabin Republicans on his show. They said how appreciative they were with the way Trump had reached out to them to give his condolences and show his support for the gay community.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Trumps response: I told you so
    Clintons response: We need to ban guns

Both tasteless and disgusting.

But I know who I'm voting for. And it's not the one who pulled an Obama and used a national tragedy to further their gun grabbing agenda.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In all fairness he did tweat out the typical politicians condolance first. Just because the news you watch doesn't report it, don't assume it didn't happen.

Eta: someone beat me to it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Trump giving a live speech on islamic terrorism:

[video=youtube;FFIVXkJWzfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFIVXkJWzfA[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In all fairness he did tweat out the typical politicians condolance first. Just because the news you watch doesn't report it, don't assume it didn't happen.

Eta: someone beat me to it.

You shouldn't assume I don't pay attention to the details.... hence the "but."

Kut (let it go)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have to throw in with Trump on this one. He expressed condolences, but is focusing on preventing it from happening again, which at this point is the most important issue, as opposed to some others who want to cry for 5 minutes on CNN while perpetuating the problem by refusing to deal with the actual problem but rather blaming us (i.e., lawful gun owners) for it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have to throw in with Trump on this one. He expressed condolences, but is focusing on preventing it from happening again, which at this point is the most important issue, as opposed to some others who want to cry for 5 minutes on CNN while perpetuating the problem by refusing to deal with the actual problem but rather blaming us (i.e., lawful gun owners) for it.

Forgive me for questioning if his condolences were sincere, and not simply and afterthought suggested by his media team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom