ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for posting that gp.....

I stay away from the "You shouldn't have worn that short skirt if you didn't want to be raped" camp.

I'm very surprised, and disappointed, to see some journalists I follow on Twitter blame the supporters.

Leftists are violent when they don't get their way.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Depends on how you count. Trump, as I recall, was the first to advocate punching the guy in the face and paying the legal bills for the person who did it. Trump supporters got physical with protestors in the rallies before the more recent counter-protester violence began.

Except that the object of the "I wish I could punch him in the face" comment was the one who instigated.

But, the "he started it" bit is sorta irrelevant, right? It really comes down to whether you believe "fighting words" can be considered "instigating."

Unless - as is the case - that in essentially 100% of the cases, the instigators of non-peaceable behavior have been the anti-Trump people, NOT the Trump people.

Welcome to grown-up politics.

For sure. It's not like agents provocateur are anything new.

C'mon, man. You know that's not solely true. Trump supporters harass, antagonize, and assault Trump protesters, too.

Quantity and scale. I'm sure you can point out a handful of contrary examples, but they are the exception that proves the rule that Trump supporters are the targets/victims of violence, and not the instigators.

[qutoe]I will not fault victims of such continual behavior for defending themselves, or for using the occasional, excessive rhetoric (e.g. "I want to punch him in the face") in response to the criminal behavior to which they are subjected.[/quote]
    And yet, you do fault victims who are anti-Trump? That seems like a double standard.[/quote]

Who are these "victims who are anti-Trump"? The percentage of such people rounds to zero. Where are the Trump supporters who are systematically instigating harassment and violence against anti-Trump people?

Thanks. :) She does that, in spades. We're working a bit on empathy for people who disagree - that they can still be principled. She'll figure it out.

I won't get started on what she thinks of Bernie supporters - including her peers. ;)

That's to be expected of an 18 year old. Heck, I've seen many here at INGO who apparently fail (or choose not) to recognize that people who disagree can still be principled.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This man has a point.

Trickle down? I won't debate whether or not that applies to Obama, but to make such a comparison to Trump is crazy. If Obama was "trickle down," then Trump is a gushing faucet.... and he hasn't even been elected yet.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Trickle down? I won't debate whether or not that applies to Obama, but to make such a comparison to Trump is crazy. If Obama was "trickle down," then Trump is a gushing faucet.... and he hasn't even been elected yet.

I know I heard that Trump says racist things but I don't see the news much and when I do, I haven't read anything racist yet.
    What has he said? The wall he wants? That's not racist, I want a wall too. What else?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No...
    ...I'm ok if you think I can't substantiate the claim, especially in this instance, because the reference is well known, easy to find, and the fact you don't look yourself, kinda paints you lazy...

Gotcha, I'm lazy because I won't search the liberal press to substantiate your "uh facts."

I understand now. I've heard that there are folks that just keep saying stuff over and over until others get sucked in to fall for the hype. ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know I heard that Trump says racist things but I don't see the news much and when I do, I haven't read anything racist yet.
    What has he said? The wall he wants? That's not racist, I want a wall too. What else?

Let's play this game.... you list an unflattering racial comment/tweet/post/ or reference used by the public, attributed to Obama, and I'll list one by Trump. I'll start.

"Whites killed by Blacks 81%"

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Let's play this game.... you list an unflattering racial comment/tweet/post/ or reference used by the public, attributed to Obama, and I'll list one by Trump. I'll start.

"Whites killed by Blacks 81%"

Is that racist? I don't know? Where did he get that? Is it true?

Seriously, no game. I don't have cable. My tv gets antenna news and I rarely watch it and I see some stuff online on and off.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Gotcha, I'm lazy because I won't search the liberal press to substantiate your "uh facts."

I understand now. I've heard that there are folks that just keep saying stuff over and over until others get sucked in to fall for the hype. ;)

You heard? Got a link to that? Lol

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    8 years.
    There are literally so many, and I can't even think of one at the moment. The last 12 pack might have something to do with it. (trying to get decent sleep tonight)

I will allow for the Friday alcohol exception. Any other takers?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Also, I don't think I even care if he was/is racist. He IS the only one (so far) that I can vote for. Guns are my only objective.....PERIOD.

Ha - beer and no mispelling.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Also, I don't think I even care if he was/is racist. He IS the only one (so far) that I can vote for. Guns are my only objective.....PERIOD.

Ha - beer and no mispelling.

Sadly, I think you aren't the only one that shares that opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom