• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ya well, think of some of the first elections.

Hell, they owned slaves.....or was that racist yet. :dunno:
    Blacks couldn't vote until what.....After LBJs election?

I'm not sure of your point, but you have my ear

edit: Fyi, blacks could technically vote after the civil war, but a number of obstacles (ie grandfather clauses, poll taxes, various test) were implemented to suppress black votes. Very successfully, I might add.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm not sure of your point, but you have my ear

I just vaguely remember in school that when creating the Declaration of Independence they had to leave out civil rights because they all couldn't agree on it and figured it would be taken care of at a later date.

I don't think they realized it would take that long. That's all.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Let's play this game.... you list an unflattering racial comment/tweet/post/ or reference used by the public, attributed to Obama, and I'll list one by Trump. I'll start.

"Whites killed by Blacks 81%"

How would a typical white person know what to look for?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let's play this game.... you list an unflattering racial comment/tweet/post/ or reference used by the public, attributed to Obama, and I'll list one by Trump. I'll start.

"Whites killed by Blacks 81%"

Honestly, I think both Obama and Trump are more opportunists than racists. But I am using the traditional definition of racist and not the new definition.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It looks like the establishment is learning the hard way that the cost of snubbing the people they expect to vote for them/their chosen candidates. They are now stuck with the much reviled 'vulgarian'. Cry me a river

Who will pay for Trump's campaign?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Trickle down? I won't debate whether or not that applies to Obama, but to make such a comparison to Trump is crazy. If Obama was "trickle down," then Trump is a gushing faucet.... and he hasn't even been elected yet.

I don't really understand how you can have a positive view of Obama regarding race politics. Until he was president, I didn't encounter many people who cared or payed much attention to race. Goes with a lot of things in this country, applies to politics, wars, rights... He did a fine job on making every issue in this country black and white while making the fringe mainstream.

Trump has done a fine job uniting people together under a common goal. A goal that is divorced from race or really politics in general. I know you're going to laugh this comment off, but you should really consider his voting demographics, when you remember that the majority of minorities only vote democrat, and nothing on this planet will change that thanks to LBJ.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't really understand how you can have a positive view of Obama regarding race politics. Until he was president, I didn't encounter many people who cared or payed much attention to race. Goes with a lot of things in this country, applies to politics, wars, rights... He did a fine job on making every issue in this country black and white while making the fringe mainstream.

Trump has done a fine job uniting people together under a common goal. A goal that is divorced from race or really politics in general. I know you're going to laugh this comment off, but you should really consider his voting demographics, when you remember that the majority of minorities only vote democrat, and nothing on this planet will change that thanks to LBJ.

Uhhhh..... that's stated where?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This campaign has "Matching Funds" written all over it.

It's obvious he never expected to get this far. Even The Donald underestimated how pissed Republican voters are.

This doesn't bother me so far as the purpose, as I understand it, is to facilitate exactly what is happening--a campaign floating without being dependent on the sugar daddy class. I will happily contribute my $3 from my tax return to that!

Uhhhh..... that's stated where?

You may not have explicitly said so, but he is not the only one left with this impression. It may not be your intention but it does sound that way at times.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This doesn't bother me so far as the purpose, as I understand it, is to facilitate exactly what is happening--a campaign floating without being dependent on the sugar daddy class. I will happily contribute my $3 from my tax return to that!

You may not have explicitly said so, but he is not the only one left with this impression. It may not be your intention but it does sound that way at times.

You've been around here long enough to know, that I have no qualms about explicitly stating my opinion. You don't have to try and figure out my intent, ill say it, and if you want to know ask.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You've been around here long enough to know, that I have no qualms about explicitly stating my opinion. You don't have to try and figure out my intent, ill say it, and if you want to know ask.

This is true. It is also true that the topic at hand often stands as the elephant in the room that no one really wants to address, and, unfortunately, your personal candor which is available upon request will often not be requested as a matter of Pavlovian conditioning manifested in others.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Remember when I said Trump would really benefit from a terrorist attack happening in the US before the election?

Orlando might just do it.

Largest since 9/11.
    Deadliest shooting in US history.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom