• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I think we have had some non lawyers on SCOTUS.
    SCOTUS is a constitutionally created entity, eligibility for it cannot be limited by act of Congress. The office of the Attorney General was created by the Judiciary act of 1789, it's been a bit since I looked at that statute but I believe it requires a person to be an attorney and discharge the duties of an attorney.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    SCOTUS is a constitutionally created entity, eligibility for it cannot be limited by act of Congress. The office of the Attorney General was created by the Judiciary act of 1789, it's been a bit since I looked at that statute but I believe it requires a person to be an attorney and discharge the duties of an attorney.
    Is that a 2 or 4 year degree? :):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    [video=youtube;mIjhZlYf1Wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIjhZlYf1Wg[/video]

President Trump addresses the Pardon (20:22 in the video).

20:50... the president admits, that during the midst of a hurricane and multitudes of lives at risk, he decided to announce the pardon because of the high viewership of concerning the storm. Classy....

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I have a brother-in-law who is of Mexican descent, if you saw him you would think that's one big Latino dude. He works in the construction industry, he used to be in management but didn't like it so now he's back to being an installer and appraiser for one of the bigger companies.

I find it less than impressive this many here think that the local police should be able to roust him and demand his papers every time he goes to Lowe's. Now his family were US citizens well before much of my very white German family came over, but I haven't heard anybody calling for me to get stopped.

I have another buddy nicknamed "en fuego" who I went to law school with. He's on the small wiry side, looks like a lot of guys I used to work construction with back in the day, and was a damn good boxer. Again, his family have been US citizens since before the Civil War. He is an army vet and last I talked to him was an attorney for the DOJ. Once again, I find it far from impressive that many here think that he should be stopped and his papers demanded every time he is in the Lowe's parking lot.

I find it disgusting that many here think that both of them should have their descent play into whether they are stopped and messed with by the police.

What a load of horse cr@p!

Interdicting undocumented workers, and those who illegally employ them, loading up by the truck load is NOT the same as demanding papers from every brown person who steps foot into Lowes.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I started to type out the half a dozen or so fundamental errors in your legal argument, but then I realized I just don't care to try to have a discussion with someone that thinks that infractions and ordinances are the same as crimes.

Riiigghhhttt... you can spend 60 days in the pokie for not giving your name to the city constable citing you for spitting on the sidewalk, but refuse to give your name during a murder investigation and that's just hunky-dory? Don't think so..

The Indiana code requiring identification extends that requirement DOWN to traffic stops, not limits it from real criminal investigations.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    What a load of horse cr@p!

Interdicting undocumented workers, and those who illegally employ them, loading up by the truck load is NOT the same as demanding papers from every brown person who steps foot into Lowes.

SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: If local law enforcement comes across some people that have a erratic or scared or whatever, you know—
    GLENN BECK: Demeanor?
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: They’re worried—and if they have their speech, what they look like, if they just look like they came from another country, we can take care of that situation. But I don’t need that, anyway, Glenn.
    GLENN BECK: Wait, wait, wait. You’re telling—
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: I don’t—
    GLENN BECK: Hang on, hang on, hang on.
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: I can still do the job.
    GLENN BECK: When was that—when was that law written? Because all I hear about is that sounds like profiling, and the government is saying—
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: Well—
    GLENN BECK: —you can’t profile anybody.
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: Well, that law in 1996, part of the—the comprehensive law that was passed, it’s in there. It’s in there.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    GLENN BECK: I'm trying to understand this. They said that you can't enforce the federal laws, so how are you going to enforce it and still be a man of your word?
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: Because I'm going to enforce the state laws, and there is a federal law that they don't seem to understand, and is there -
    GLENN BECK: Which is -
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: Which I will enforce also.
    GLENN BECK:
    Which is what?
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: Which is If local law enforcement comes across some people that have a erratic or scared or whatever, you know—
    GLENN BECK: Demeanor?
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: They’re worried—and if they have their speech, what they look like, if they just look like they came from another country, we can take care of that situation. But I don’t need that, anyway, Glenn.
    GLENN BECK: Wait, wait, wait. You’re telling—
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: I don’t—
    GLENN BECK: Hang on, hang on, hang on.
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: I can still do the job.
    GLENN BECK: When was that—when was that law written? Because all I hear about is that sounds like profiling, and the government is saying—
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: Well—
    GLENN BECK: —you can’t profile anybody.
    SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: Well, that law in 1996, part of the—the comprehensive law that was passed, it’s in there. It’s in there. But I don't - Glenn - I'm going to tell you again, I don't need that law. I can still enforce the state laws, which we do.
    GLENN BECK: Alright, hang on because we need to take a break...

That was sneaky, underhanded and despicable... you made it look like Arpaio was describing his program, when in fact he was describing his understanding of a federal law on the books... which he goes on to say he doesn't need because he would enforce state law (SB 1070 at the time).

For those that want to fact check, here's the video and the sequence starts at 3:37.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqw5eGKdka0

I'll tend to view anything else you put forward as equally fake.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    [/INDENT]That was sneaky, underhanded and despicable... you made it look like Arpaio was describing his program, when in fact he was describing his understanding of a federal law on the books... which he goes on to say he doesn't need because he would enforce state law (SB 1070 at the time).

For those that want to fact check, here's the video and the sequence starts at 3:37.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqw5eGKdka0

I'll tend to view anything else you put forward as equally fake.

Did you actually watch the video? Even Glenn Beck knows he's full of $#@&. Look at his face when Arpaio says "They’re worried—and if they have their speech, what they look like, if they just look like they came from another country." He looks away from the camera clearly says "wut?" in disbelief that such an idiotic thing would be said. There is absolutely no federal law that says such, and if you believe so, I'd challenge you to find it. I'll be waiting for you to magically pull that out out of thin air.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Again INGO is devided.

Some believe everything that the media and the left wing white house said and say about Joe, and some believe everything that the media and the left wing white house said and say about Joe is BS.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Did you actually watch the video? Even Glenn Beck knows he's full of $#@&. Look at his face when Arpaio says "They’re worried—and if they have their speech, what they look like, if they just look like they came from another country." He looks away from the camera clearly says "wut?" in disbelief that such an idiotic thing would be said. There is absolutely no federal law that says such, and if you believe so, I'd challenge you to find it. I'll be waiting for you to magically pull that out out of thin air.

Kut, you make my point.

That segment is bizarre enough in context... so why lie about it?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Skin color or nationality..........Lets get past color for just a moment please.

This. It isn't a skin color issue. Everyone in southern Arizona is "dark" except for a handful of gingers wearing long sleeves, pants and large hats. Using "racism" here is a stretch and really needs to stop.

Top Bottom