• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I will admit that I seemed to come off OK with the profiling thing but only as it has happened to me so many times.
    My SIL is a young man of color. He has some interesting story's about this as well. I was with him for one of them and I near went in the bracelets because the reserve LEO (Indy 500 time) was being a total dick and I called him on it.

Profiling happens. It will continue to happen. Kut and you have put my thoughts in perspective and it has cleared up my position on this. People can change their views.

Now, again, how do we run the weed eater.
    I appreciate your thoughts on it, it is part human nature that people will profile and be profiled to a greater or lesser degree. I just can't stomach when it is somehow ratified or rationalized within government action.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Are you kidding me? Did you honestly just post that for "support" for you case? Lol. You should be banned from legal interpretation. The case you cited say the opposite of what you think.

You do understand how court opinions work, right?

FIRST the court establishes WHAT THE STANDARD IS, then determines whether the case before it meets the standard. The standard is Hiibel, the fact that Starr did not meet the standard (he was a mere passenger, not at all involved in the reason for the stop, failure to signal a turn) doesn't change the standard. It also CLEARLY states that a passenger who is involved in an infraction or suspected of a crime can be compelled to disclose their identity if the officer can articulate the reasonable suspicion.

In Hiibel, SCOTUS established that reasonable suspicion was all that was required to compel a person's identity, without violating the 4th amendment, not probable cause.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I started to type out the half a dozen or so fundamental errors in your legal argument, but then I realized I just don't care to try to have a discussion with someone that thinks that infractions and ordinances are the same as crimes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Funny how in another thread a lawyer is arguing that a traffic stop (an infraction) gives an officer RAS to ask about hand guns, post pinner.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a brother-in-law who is of Mexican descent, if you saw him you would think that's one big Latino dude. He works in the construction industry, he used to be in management but didn't like it so now he's back to being an installer and appraiser for one of the bigger companies.

I find it less than impressive this many here think that the local police should be able to roust him and demand his papers every time he goes to Lowe's. Now his family were US citizens well before much of my very white German family came over, but I haven't heard anybody calling for me to get stopped.

I have another buddy nicknamed "en fuego" who I went to law school with. He's on the small wiry side, looks like a lot of guys I used to work construction with back in the day, and was a damn good boxer. Again, his family have been US citizens since before the Civil War. He is an army vet and last I talked to him was an attorney for the DOJ. Once again, I find it far from impressive that many here think that he should be stopped and his papers demanded every time he is in the Lowe's parking lot.

I find it disgusting that many here think that both of them should have their descent play into whether they are stopped and messed with by the police.

It is certainly terrible that politicians have allowed our borders to become no such thing. For the years and years of open borders and lack of enforcement (other than some like Joe,) now we have a problem that bleeds over to our own citizens.

I'm sorry for your family and for any other people affected. It's gonna take some time for us to get this corrected. There will be issues as there has been anytime we have neglected our responsibility then attempted a return to it.

I might suggest that people who are affected by this might take a different attitude and actions toward those who are here illegally? Just sayin'... :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    [video=youtube;mIjhZlYf1Wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIjhZlYf1Wg[/video]

President Trump addresses the Pardon (20:22 in the video).

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I as well! He wasn't my first or even third/fourth choice, but I believe President Trump is doing great!

I do to. Think he would get a lot more done if it wasn't for the traitor Republicans in the House and Senate

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If Sessions leaves, maybe Sheriff Joe could be AG.

:):

Kut'd love that...

giphy.gif

Top Bottom