• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Why try to round up a dozen or more illegals, when you can instead go after one employer? And, unless they are totally corrupt, they will change their ways, permanently turning off that individual employment magnet, whereas if you detain the illegal aliens, more will show up to take their place tomorrow.

Plus, the fines the employers have to pay help pay the salaries of the officers/agents.

ETA: Observing the employer load up a truckload of people at State and Washington, then driving directly to the worksite and getting to work, is strong probable cause that required I-9 and other employment processing did not occur prior to employment.

Because that would be diametrically opposed to the beneficial relationship between those who hire illegals, and those who wish to have them rounded up.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Because that would be diametrically opposed to the beneficial relationship between those who hire illegals, and those who wish to have them rounded up.

Hence Trump's war with the establishment members of the GOP.....My little cousin is a Bernie supporter and Portland, OR liberal and I told her after Trump won he was going to anger as many Republicans as Democrats....Indiucky thinks Kut may have hit the nail on the head right here....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hence Trump's war with the establishment members of the GOP.....My little cousin is a Bernie supporter and Portland, OR liberal and I told her after Trump won he was going to anger as many Republicans as Democrats....Indiucky thinks Kut may have hit the nail on the head right here....

For as "pro-active" at Arpaio was in arresting illegals, do you find it odd, that in 2014, he had his first arrest of a business owner?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For as "pro-active" at Arpaio was in arresting illegals, do you find it odd, that in 2014, he had his first arrest of a business owner?

Not really.....I had no idea he even did one much less that early...Good on him bucking the establishment two years before the election of Trump...It could explain his election loss....Thanks for sharing that tidbit Kut...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

So when did your department begin arresting businessmen for hiring illegals?

Not really the local PD's jurisdiction?

So, why was it Joe's problem?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not really.....I had no idea he even did one much less that early...Good on him bucking the establishment two years before the election of Trump...It could explain his election loss....Thanks for sharing that tidbit Kut...

Maricopa County is heavily Republican, and easily went to Trump. So on the same day that Trump was overwhelmingly elected, the locals ousted Arpaio by just shy of 200K votes. Regardless of what we say, the people who he served, and whom elected Trump obviously had issues with how he did business.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

From a prosecutors position, who do you arrest? How do you prove that the owner knew? etc etc. IT's a lot easier to convict/deport than sped time and resources down a rabbit hole that may net you nothing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'm hoping this isn't a serious question. And if it is, go to the beginning of the thread start at post one, and read it all the way through.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Noce dodge Kut.

Not really. I'm trying to figure out how you are comparing a department that's arrested more than 30K illegals, during Arpaio's tenure, sometimes using dubious means, with one that is sometimes tasked to remove illegals when they're encountered, and finding they have an active detainment/removal order.

Maybe this article will help you understand:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-of-racial-profiling/?utm_term=.23500055ebbc

...so if Trump wants to empower "now," what does that mean "before?"

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The county hasn't gone Democrat since the 40s.

True but the gap is narrowing...I was surprised it was this close knowing that history...

It must be the influx of voters to Arizona from south of the border....My wife says the minute her parents immigrated here they were told to vote Democrat and all of her family and friends vote that way...Her and her cousin Marcello have both strayed off the Democratic Party path, my wife over guns and abortion.....They both this past year received concerned phone calls from family members about their Trump support lol....My wife's brother went full blown "He's a Nazi, he's a creep, he's dumb" etc....on us...

It was a hoot.....Best election cycle ever....Now they are coming for Thanksgiving.....

Yikes!!!!!!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To reply as to the numbers of homeless my observations were a few years ago. Of maybe 20 standing and waiting to be hired out for the day possibly 20% came over from the homeless camp. Many were dropped of at the corner. They did not stand around very long.

I would wager a good number of them were here under the radar. When LEO would drive by they did tend to scatter.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Not really. I'm trying to figure out how you are comparing a department that's arrested more than 30K illegals, during Arpaio's tenure, sometimes using dubious means, with one that is sometimes tasked to remove illegals when they're encountered, and finding they have an active detainment/removal order.

Maybe this article will help you understand:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-of-racial-profiling/?utm_term=.23500055ebbc

...so if Trump wants to empower "now," what does that mean "before?"

Good link, I had not seen that story... and was wondering when Trump would undo Obama's actions. Short version, brings back 287(g) program and bring back the Secure Communities program where all individuals arrested and fingerprinted have their prints compared against immigration records.

Nexft up NSEERS/IUSA-VISIT?

Top Bottom