• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Banned. Either permanently or temporarily.

I do not know of any indication of a person being banned from a thread.

I have been on a couple of forums over the years that will ban people only from certain threads or sub forums, so I wasn‘t sure if that was the case here or not…thanks!

If it says shooter, they're currently banned.

I wasnt expecting to see so many banned users on such an active forum...makes me stop and reflect on the state of discourse these days.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That and the accusation you are parroting the left's talking points.
    Which "parroting the left" is also a cover for dismissing legitimate criticisms from the right.

Anything is on the table to preserve....

Well, I'm not gonna go back and try to find that south park safe space image.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have been on a couple of forums over the years that will ban people only from certain threads or sub forums, so I wasn‘t sure if that was the case here or not…thanks!

I wasnt expecting to see so many banned users on such an active forum...makes me stop and reflect on the state of discourse these days.
    Well. INGO has been fairly tightly moderated over the years. I look at some of those shooters in old threads. A lot of them I wish we had back. Some of them, it's for the best.

I'd like to have hornadylnl back. Dude was dependablely far libertarian. Everytime the establishment republican types would want to use government to get his way, he'd be like, "A government powerful enough to do x is a government powerful enough to do y."

Those were in the days before wokeness, cancel culture, and government manipulation in social media. Be interesting to see how he would navigate today's INGO.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Honestly I don't think he was thinking about Trump as Jesus. Though devotionally I'm not sure it's easy to tell. But Judas is a common symbol for betrayal, and I think that's what he genuinely feels. That establishment Republicans went against Trump.
    I understand that but he left the door open to make that comparison and my response was a sarcastic one.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

There were a lot back in the day over religious discussion. It was not allowed, and Islamic terrorism was big.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Honestly I don't think he was thinking about Trump as Jesus. Though devotionally I'm not sure it's easy to tell. But Judas is a common symbol for betrayal, and I think that's what he genuinely feels. That establishment Republicans went against Trump.
    Benedict Arnold would probably be a better choice.

Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is that what you think you are doing?

”Mean Tweets” is a Trumpist talking point, literally no one on the left cares about Trump’s tweets anymore.

The best way to avoid sour grapes is to support winners, so I understand why you are upset with the more grounded voices on this forum.
    I don't think that's really true. The Left Twittersphere has been on anti-trump withdrawls since his banning. They brought him up incessantly. They've been obsessed with him. A major factor in their strategy not to get their asses handed to them in the midterms because of the horrible world they've crafted since regaining the big chair, is making this election a referendum on Trump.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    There were a lot back in the day over religious discussion. It was not allowed, and Islamic terrorism was big.

That makes sense.

If the forum is supposed to welcoming to all Indiana Gun Owners, keeping religion off the table in a freshly post-9/11 world seems like just about the best way to preserve the peace.

Imagine being an Islamic Indiana Gun owner in those years…yikes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You, and others, seemingly keep trying to paint the problem with the republicans.

What I have not heard is the disturbance about the potential stealing / tampering from the left. IMO, that is a much bigger issue that Trump's mean tweets and trading cards.

I get the feeling many here are leaning on the rino's to pave the way into 2024. Without ANY knowledge of who may run, you are trying your best to destroy the best possible person we currently have. That is not sane thinking.

One other thing about this. Trump is his own worst enemy. There are only so many people who can't see his own participation in self-destruction. I see that as a character flaw that prevents him from being as politically successful as he could be. But you guys, because it's criticism, think that those saying it must be in with the Democrats. And that's delusional.

But in terms of "stealing", I think the so called "cabal" did what they could to rig the election. Stolen? I think that's what people say when they don't want to admit that their candidate lost. It's exactly what Hillary and her supporters said. She couldn't possibly lose. Must have been that Republicans stole it. SSDY.

Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep. Religion was a major cause of death among INGOers. Mr Jerrell, for example, got the permaban hammer because he couldn't not criticize and mock Christians in nearly every post. And a former mod got the permaban because of similar issues.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I don't think that's really true. The Left Twittersphere has been on anti-trump withdrawls since his banning. They brought him up incessantly. They've been obsessed with him. A major factor in their strategy not to get their asses handed to them in the midterms because of the horrible world they've crafted since regaining the big chair, is making this election a referendum on Trump.

You may be right about that..I have never been active on Twitter, I just dont have the mental bandwidth for sites like Twitter, TikTok, or instagram...I prefer a slightly slower pace and a slightly more in-depth format than those sites provide.

I can only speak for myself, and maybe broadly for some of my direct peer group, and that’s what I based my comment on...the mean tweets thing is just a distraction.

You are certainly correct about their desire to make this election about Trump…it seems to work In their favor.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    One other thing about this. Trump is his own worst enemy. There are only so many people who can't see his own participation in self-destruction. I see that as a character flaw that prevents him from being as politically successful as he could be. But you guys, because it's criticism, think that those saying it must be in with the Democrats. And that's delusional.

But in terms of "stealing", I think the so called "cabal" did what they could to rig the election. Stolen? I think that's what people say when they don't want to admit that their candidate lost. It's exactly what Hillary and her supporters said. She couldn't possibly lose. Must have been that Republicans stole it. SSDY.
    A number of us want to see Trump succeed on his polices and are saying in effect "Dude you gotta stop all of the other crap that takes the focus away from your policies" if he were to do that then there would be a much greater argument in favor of his policies that maintained American prosperity, energy independence, security and standing on the global stage while he was in office. There is no denying that IMO.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A number of us want to see Trump succeed on his polices and are saying in effect "Dude you gotta stop all of the other crap that takes the focus away from your policies" if he were to do that then there would be a much greater argument in favor of his policies that maintained American prosperity, energy independence, security and standing on the global stage while he was in office. There is no denying that IMO.
    When you look like the strawman they’ve built to represent you, it’s really easy for others to think the straw image is real.

People like Trump become megalomaniacs because they didn’t get the socialized correction that most people get for acting like fools. On a playground of peers, peoole tend to get the “fool” beat out of them. Sucking a fool’s nether parts only encourages the foolish behavior.

In politics Trump can act as badly as he wants because fans just cheer him on. They see it as good even though the same behavior from political enemies would be viewed as bad.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When you look like the strawman they’ve built to represent you, it’s really easy for others to think the straw image is real.

People like Trump become megalomaniacs because they didn’t get the socialized correction that most people get for acting like fools. On a playground of peers, peoole tend to get the “fool” beat out of them. Sucking a fool’s nether parts only encourages the foolish behavior.

In politics Trump can act as badly as he wants because fans just cheer him on. They see it as good even though the same behavior from political enemies would be viewed as bad.
    Heck even LeftyGunner in a previous response to a post I made upthred said that "Trump, the President, was far more tolerable than Trump, the candidate" strictly based on the policy attributes that I described while he was in office. Even he could'nt deny that.

I don't mean to bring him up again, but I give him credit for being objective and saying that.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yep. Religion was a major cause of death among INGOers. Mr Jerrell, for example, got the permaban hammer because he couldn't not criticize and mock Christians in nearly every post. And a former mod got the permaban because of similar issues.
    That was much later, and i think those were even after the ban was lifted.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That makes sense.

If the forum is supposed to welcoming to all Indiana Gun Owners, keeping religion off the table in a freshly post-9/11 world seems like just about the best way to preserve the peace.

Imagine being an Islamic Indiana Gun owner in those years…yikes.
    There was one I know of. Thankfully, he is still here. I usually enjoy his reading what he has to say. He has some pretty thick skin.

Just like being a gay member would be hard. There is a bit of bigotry displayed towards them now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Is that what you think you are doing?

”Mean Tweets” is a Trumpist talking point, literally no one on the left cares about Trump’s tweets anymore.

The best way to avoid sour grapes is to support winners, so I understand why you are upset with the more grounded voices on this forum.
    I sure do see mean tweets mentioned a lot, but maybe it is the disgruntled RINO’s saying it…

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    And personal attacks are not tolerated here. CM made that very clear and the other mods continue that tradition.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have facts. The bears were made by a private company. With the number of articles I read I cannot believe that if Trump was profiting it would not be mentioned.
    So you believe that someone licensed his image without him gaining from it? Seriously? And Trump is donating time with winners of their sweepstakes.

From the website of the company selling them
    1671551394011.png

No one seems to know who owns CIC Digital LLC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom