• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Then that must make Trump Jesus Christ then. Correct? I said I was gonna sit this one out but you made it impossible for me not to comment on that line.

analogy​

noun​

1. a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification
    Example: "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"

Reactions: KG1

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    One other thing about this. Trump is his own worst enemy. There are only so many people who can't see his own participation in self-destruction. I see that as a character flaw that prevents him from being as politically successful as he could be. But you guys, because it's criticism, think that those saying it must be in with the Democrats. And that's delusional.
    Because some don’t agree with you they “can’t see”. I rather see it as a distraction and tactic of the left to stop a force they do not want to deal with and to get RINO’s to parrot the narrative they set…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you believe that someone licensed his image without him gaining from it? Seriously? And Trump is donating time with winners of their sweepstakes.

From the website of the company selling them
    View attachment 243422

No one seems to know who owns CIC Digital LLC.
    Is my logic faulty that if Trump was profiting from the bears they would be saying it in articles and the information would be out there?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Because some don’t agree with you they “can’t see”. I rather see it as a distraction and tactic of the left to stop a force they do not want to deal with and to get RINO’s to parrot the narrative they set…
    So you don't see that Trump might possibly play a part in that distraction? I would say he himself gives harvest for the leftist narrative grist mill to grind.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you believe that someone licensed his image without him gaining from it? Seriously? And Trump is donating time with winners of their sweepstakes.

From the website of the company selling them
    View attachment 243422

No one seems to know who owns CIC Digital LLC.
    Checking out their website it appears they may be a blanket rights distributor, kind of similar to BMI for music, that license those that want the content. So trump may get a license fee for this but I it does not look like he is involved in the business. Kind of like a campaign using a song licensed by the campaign but not endorsed by the artist…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you don't see that Trump might possibly play a part in that distraction? I would say he himself gives fodder for the leftist narrative grist mill.
    Sure, he is what he is, warts and all. I do not focus on the warts, but the things he does we need. The leftists do not need the fodder they have proven they will just create it. That this topic is is discussed so much is proof. What was the last mean tweet you have seen? I have not noticed one in a good while, you know like the nasty Mika/Joe tweets? Have you seen any lately?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Is my logic faulty that if Trump was profiting from the bears they would be saying it in articles and the information would be out there?
    Not until they find the link. They are looking though. The whole thing is odd.
    Checking out their website it appears they may be a blanket rights distributor, kind of similar to BMI for music, that license those that want the content. So trump may get a license fee for this but I it does not look like he is involved in the business. Kind of like a campaign using a song licensed by the campaign but not endorsed by the artist…
    Sure, and then the artist has dinner with sweepstakes winners for that campaign, right?
    1671554163301.png
    1671554221990.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sure, he is what he is, warts and all. I do not focus on the warts, but the things he does we need. The leftists do not need the fodder they have proven they will just create it. That this topic is is discussed so much is proof. What was the last mean tweet you have seen? I have not noticed one in a good while, you know like the nasty Mika/Joe tweets? Have you seen any lately?
    I was just trying to make the point that he was a contributing factor of which you somewhat acknowledged at first. Good with the bad I have represented both sides of the Trump spectrum and I will speak my piece either way.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think Trumpy Bear should get his own NFT digital trading card. Relax IM it was just a joke.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Rino's are the Judas' of 2000 years ago.
    The Savior note both you and Bug play out in posts in interesting. It's also concerning that Trump is such a Savior figure to his followers.

It's also interesting that the Trump supporters are continually making blanket statements about any concerns expressed about their candidates.

Is anyone calling you, Mike or Bug names especially?

Don't want to hear any "I wasn't talking about this or that person" comments. Call people out, don't hide behind generic name tossing. Are you calling me Judas based on my comments here or not?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Don't be ridiculous.
    Ridiculous is calling people on a forum Judas. Judas betrayed Christ. If you can equate forum members with Judas then you are equating Trump with Christ. 2000 years is a pretty specific Judas, its not a generic Judas reference.

Reactions: KG1

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    A number of us want to see Trump succeed on his polices and are saying in effect "Dude you gotta stop all of the other crap that takes the focus away from your policies" if he were to do that then there would be a much greater argument in favor of his policies that maintained American prosperity, energy independence, security and standing on the global stage while he was in office. There is no denying that IMO.

I get what you are saying. I don't think it is accurate.

A person is a package deal. Asking them to cut out part of their personality while retaining other parts you find acceptable doesn't work.

More importantly, if he was the picture of what you think his public persona "should" be, the media will literally just fabricate things to use against him. #RussiaRussiaRussia Or censor him on social media.

He is who he is. Unpalatable to some. Offensive and unbearable to others. He is nonetheless more effective, domestically and internationally, than anyone else.

It's unfortunate more people (not necessarily you) can't get past what they find "offensive" to focus on the actual question of, is he good for the United States and all Americans? Remember, you're not looking for a house mate, you're looking for someone who will make America better financially and from a national security perspective. Questions like this are inevitably answered by yes, but.......

1671562023557.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ridiculous is calling people on a forum Judas. Judas betrayed Christ. If you can equate forum members with Judas then you are equating Trump with Christ. 2000 years is a pretty specific Judas, its not a generic Judas reference.
    At the very least it was a poor choice of words to use as an analogy which left the reciprocal door open to equate Trump to Christ. If we are the figurative equivalent of Judas 2000 years ago in the analogy, then Trump must be of Christ equally on their end of the spectrum. It just didn't set right with me at the time and prompted me to respond to that comment. I think it's unfortunate all the way around and it muddies up the whole discussion.

I'm not gonna say anything more. We are on the edge of blasphemy as it is. I don't care to remain there.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I get what you are saying. I don't think it is accurate.

A person is a package deal. Asking them to cut out part of their personality while retaining other parts you find acceptable doesn't work.

More importantly, if he was the picture of what you think his public persona "should" be, the media will literally just fabricate things to use against him. #RussiaRussiaRussia Or censor him on social media.

He is who he is. Unpalatable to some. Offensive and unbearable to others. He is nonetheless more effective, domestically and internationally, than anyone else.

It's unfortunate more people (not necessarily you) can't get past what they find "offensive" to focus on the actual question of, is he good for the United States and all Americans? Remember, you're not looking for a house mate, you're looking for someone who will make America better financially and from a national security perspective. Questions like this are inevitably answered by yes, but.......

View attachment 243452
    So you are saying that everything I post other than glowing things about Trump is to be dismissed as horse****

Got it. Now who's the one trying to start something? You always like to accuse others of doing that.

Last edited:

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    So you are saying that everything I post other than glowing things about Trump is to be dismissed as horse****

Got it. Now who's the one trying to start something? You always like to accuse others of doing that.

You're itching for a fight, aren't you? :boxing:
    I am not. So I hope that helps. :coffee:

Horse ****? Not you specifically, but 99% of the time for 99% of the people; myself included. Plus I like that scene from GoT and it was an opportunity to use that pic.

ETA: Also, I don't think you wrote "but" in the post I quoted, so I'm not sure how you took that personally. I made a general statement of "Questions like this are inevitably answered by yes, but......." So again, I'm not sure how you assumed I was directing that at you.

Please tell me if I misunderstand anything I'm going to write. Seriously, no sarcasm. It seems that you think that DJT is effective in making America a better place financially and from a security perspective. It seems that you also dislike what he says and how he says things. It seems that what / how he says things detracts significantly from his message and his effectiveness.

Would you agree that many people (literally the population of the world) are easily manipulated and lack the resolve to stick with anything once it looks like things are becoming difficult or popular opinion is changing?

If the above are true then I think that when you regularly criticize something, people are easily swayed and will change their opinion to something that is not being criticized. I am not saying you should not express an opinion.

I would instead ask, what purpose does it serve to type more in criticism than anything else? Is it possible that you are doing more to hurt the chances of someone voting for him than what it may seem?

PS
    I don't recall "always" accusing people of trying to start something. Can you DM me examples? If I do that, then I need to make sure I am only doing so when it actually seems like people are trying to start something, not just randomly. Again, no sarcasm, 100% serious. Thanks.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Once he signed the dotted line on 2 covid spending bills, its not a yes but on the bolded issue....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom