• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    KG responded when I said Trump did not make money on Trumpy Bear.
    Made money on NFT's though which as far as I can tell were for personal gain not his campaign. I did question you about this but you did not answer.

Trump wants to make money fine. As a contributor to not 1 but 2 Trump campaigns I don't want to here your criticism or anyone else on financial matters unless you also contributed.

At the very least an honest candidate should make sure its obvious if I am contributing to a campaign or personal fortune.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    No.

Are you admitting it was a negative to sign those 2 bills?
    In hindsight, yes. Hindsight is always 20/20.

With the information he had at the time plus likely a lot of pressure from many other politicians, Americans, CDC/fauci and the pharmaceutical industrial complex he did what he thought he had to do.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Meticulous detail how Trump inserted his clowns into the AZ, GA and PA Senate races and how they drastically under-performed the generic Republican brand.

He picked losers... in races that counted... and gave Schumer the gavel... again.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    No.

Are you admitting it was a negative to sign those 2 bills?

I'm honestly not sure what 2 you're talking about.

My point was that the minority of things that he did that were perceived a negative shouldn't outweigh the positive he was able to accomplish.

I'm not saying you should support him. I'm asking who has done a better job, who is capable of doing a better job........ personal dislikes aside.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

Meticulous detail how Trump inserted his clowns into the AZ, GA and PA Senate races and how they drastically under-performed the generic Republican brand.

He picked losers... in races that counted... and gave Schumer the gavel... again.
    Really, the National Review, who has been hyper-critical of Trump since the beginning?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    “Trump stopped the wave,” said Jim Durkin, Illinois state House GOP leader.

“With regards to the governor’s office, there’s no way in a red year a candidate should lose by double digits…. And that really speaks to how poor our candidates were and how much Trump interfered in our primary process,” Pennsylvania Republican consultant David La Torre said.

“I think Trump’s kind of a drag on our ticket…. I think Donald Trump gives us problems, politically,” former Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan opined.

The sentiment has been echoed across the country. But this blithe dismissal of Donald Trump — and, by proxy, millions of Trump supporters — is misguided. To borrow Chesterton’s metaphor, Republicans are attacking the Trump police without ever having heard of the liberal authoritarian burglars that he was largely elected to stop.
    Polling data from 2015/2016 confirm this. People often didn’t like what Trump said, but they liked that he wasn’t afraid to say it. In fact, the best predictor of Trump support in one poll wasn’t all the things people often think of — age, race, anti-immigration attitudes — it was “feeling voiceless.” Trump was their voice.

These reasons are even more important today. And if Republicans want to win moving forward, they need to better understand this fact. They need to more fully “get” Trump voters.
    Republicans wrestle with the issues posed by another Trump run at the presidency, they should remember that — for all his flaws — the former president spoke for a lot of average people tired of the bullies throwing them under the bus.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    In hindsight, yes. Hindsight is always 20/20.

With the information he had at the time plus likely a lot of pressure from many other politicians, Americans, CDC/fauci and the pharmaceutical industrial complex he did what he thought he had to do.
    If you look at my past posts, I mostly agree with your statement. I was willing to forgive the first bill, but the second was signed after resistance had grown and I am less flexible on that one. If Trump was willing to admit either one was a mistake, in hindsight, then I am willing to reconsider.

I have not tied my vote to tweets or any such thing. I have tied it to substantive issues ( trillions in spending is substantive to me).

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm honestly not sure what 2 you're talking about.

My point was that the minority of things that he did that were perceived a negative shouldn't outweigh the positive he was able to accomplish.

I'm not saying you should support him. I'm asking who has done a better job, who is capable of doing a better job........ personal dislikes aside.
    Did Trump sign any spending bills related to Covid-19?

My honest, consistent answer to your final statement is, I DON'T KNOW, because IT IS WAY too EARLY. After all there is only ONE candidate in the field right now.

I don't count chickens before they hatch and I don't care for hypotheticals.

Get a Trump supporter to admit that. Are you willing to do so?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I would like Trump policies with less Trump personality. I would like to see a candidate that is Trumpian in policy with more political savvy.

I liked Trump speaking his mind. I get that. I am the same way. I speak my mind far too often. It's been career limiting for me. However, as I have gotten older, I have realized that there are ways to speak my mind with more nuance and respect than I did when I was 20.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Did Trump sign any spending bills related to Covid-19?

My honest, consistent answer to your final statement is, I DON'T KNOW, because IT IS WAY too EARLY. After all there is only ONE candidate in the field right now.

I don't count chickens before they hatch and I don't care for hypotheticals.

Get a Trump supporter to admit that. Are you willing to do so?

I believe he did.

IDK is a reasonable answer.

Life is hypothetical, until it happens.

I'll possibly "admit" to it. Depending on what "it" is.

Can you be more specific. You seem intent on getting a Trump supporter to admit to something. I'll be glad to if I agree. My suspicion is that whatever "it" is there will be multiple parts to it, and we will agree to some of the issues although not all.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would like Trump policies with less Trump personality. I would like to see a candidate that is Trumpian in policy with more political savvy.

I liked Trump speaking his mind. I get that. I am the same way. I speak my mind far too often. It's been career limiting for me. However, as I have gotten older, I have realized that there are ways to speak my mind with more nuance and respect than I did when I was 20.
    You can't have both. Gotta take the warts and all if you like the policy. If you can't accept both then you need to stay quiet, so others aren't swayed by the negative. Stay focused on promoting the policy if you want more.

Hope I'm doing that right.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    If you look at my past posts, I mostly agree with your statement. I was willing to forgive the first bill, but the second was signed after resistance had grown and I am less flexible on that one. If Trump was willing to admit either one was a mistake, in hindsight, then I am willing to reconsider.

I have not tied my vote to tweets or any such thing. I have tied it to substantive issues ( trillions in spending is substantive to me).
    I don’t know about the second one either and don’t remember the circumstances surrounding it. It was peanuts compared to Brandon:
    1671570011370.png

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don’t know about the second one either and don’t remember the circumstances surrounding it. It was peanuts compared to Brandon:
    Illustrates my point.

Never an admission of wrong only

Well if it was wrong, it wasn't near as wrong as Biden.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    You can't have both. Gotta take the warts and all if you like the policy. If you can't accept both then you need to stay quiet, so others aren't swayed by the negative. Stay focused on promoting the policy if you want more.

Hope I'm doing that right.

Sarcasm doesn't help anyone.

Taking a stance to an extreme to try and mock it just helps start arguments.

I try to avoid arguments online. Arguments are dysfunctional.

ETA: I didn't link that to your earlier post about the corona bills. Was reading on my phone and missed the connection.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom