• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ann Coulter was bigly onboard with Trump until he dissed Jeff Sessions and supported Tuberville in the Alabama primary for Senate. She was a big Sessions fan, especially for the work he did on illegal immigration while AG, a major issue for her. An issue she feels Trump betrayed voters on because he failed to finish on his campaign promise to build a wall and get Mexico to pay for it. It was the main reason why she supported Trump in 2016.

Coulter tweeted that Sessions was 'the ONE PERSON in the Trump administration who did anything about immigration.'

It's all here what started the rift.

'You complete blithering idiot': Ann Coulter turns on 'disloyal actual retard' Trump in Twitter rant over his criticism of former AG Jeff Sessions​

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: oze

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Ann Coulter was bigly onboard with Trump until he dissed Jeff Sessions and supported Tuberville in the Alabama primary for Senate. She was a big Sessions fan, especially for the work he did on illegal immigration while AG, a major issue for her.

Coulter tweeted that Sessions was 'the ONE PERSON in the Trump administration who did anything about immigration' - an issue she feels Trump betrayed voters on because he failed on his campaign promise to build a wall and get Mexico to pay for it.

It's all here what started the rift.

'You complete blithering idiot': Ann Coulter turns on 'disloyal actual retard' Trump in Twitter rant over his criticism of former AG Jeff Sessions​

These words sound just like what Trump would use. Pretty ironic that a man who constantly harps on "loyalty" would be hoisted by his own petard.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I looked for a non-lefty biased source for this story; I think that The Washington Times qualifies. I bet that we have a resident expert on INGO who can comment further. :)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    These words sound just like what Trump would use. Pretty ironic that a man who constantly harps on "loyalty" would be hoisted by his own petard.
    Trump turned on Sessions for not being loyal to him when he recused himself from the Russia collusion turmoil.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Trump turned on Sessions for not being loyal to him when he recused himself from the Russia collusion turmoil.
    I guess that, in the Crazy World of Donald Trump, loyalty is a one-way street. When Trump says "loyalty", he really means "fealty ".

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess that, in the Crazy World of Donald Trump, loyalty is a one-way street. When Trump says "loyalty", he really means "fealty ".
    Trump was angry and wanted Sessions as his AG to put an end to the Russia collusion witch hunt but instead he recused himself. I can't say that I blame Trump for feeling that way about Sessions because it WAS a bogus witch hunt that carried on after Sessions recused himself.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Trump was angry and wanted Sessions as his AG to put an end to the Russia collusion witch hunt but instead he recused himself. I can't say that I blame Trump for feeling that way about Sessions because it WAS a bogus witch hunt that carried on after Sessions recused himself.
    The AG should recuse himself from an investigation of the President.

Reactions: oze

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Would you say Trump's instincts in that matter proved right or wrong

Would you say ANYONE is willing to give Trump credit for any of his accomplishments without either some qualification or trying to take some of the credit. Have any of the more colorful and deliberately damaging tell-alls by former purported Trump supporters proven to be anything other than overwrought, untrue and self-serving

Is not Coulter now in the bag for DeSantis? Is it possible the real reason Trump needs to be attacked is to stop her boy from falling into single digits? Didn't Nikki just blow by Ron in NH? Funny timing for this little bruhaha, yes?

If DeSantis was leading in the polls, would you be equally suspicious that the Dems wanted to face him in the General with all you insist that implies where Trump is concerned?

Funny how the arrow of truth always points the way you want it to

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The AG should recuse himself from an investigation of the President.
    You'll excuse me if I don't hold my breath waiting for Garland to do that

This just seems another case of the 'we're better than that' method of slow suicide that is so endemic in conservatives and the west in general. Your opponents do not care and have no fear that you will hold anyone other than your allies to these standards - futilely, I might add because setting a good example in the current reality will not affect anything but your self-esteem

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Would you say Trump's instincts in that matter proved right or wrong
    You'll find my answer to this in a subsequent post to the one you quoted which were both posted prior to yours. Post #6,406 to be exact.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And another thing that needs addressing is the notion that I am currently onboard with DeSantis. I once thought of him as a potential viable candidate. I no longer feel that way. I haven't paid any attention to his campaign since it turned into a FUBAR, whereas Coulter continues to support DeSantis. So any attempt to lump me in currently with Coulter is off based.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump has endorsed Jim Jordan.
    No surprise there. I'd rather have Scalise even though he's kinda clad in the establishment. Jordan plays more like he's trying to fund-raise off of youtube clips. I don't know if he actually believes what he's saying/doing. Scalise I think is kinda between MAGA and establishment and would probably be a better unifier.

But he has to push the GOP to change to be more nation/citizen focused. Be the party of individuals. Let Dems be the party of the establishment desperately trying to hang on to power.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I looked for a non-lefty biased source for this story; I think that The Washington Times qualifies. I bet that we have a resident expert on INGO who can comment further. :)

Hey. He was literally the POTUS! He can declassify anything by whim! Just the mere fact he told something about it demonstrates that he's already declassified it. And no. That's not circular reasoning. Really it's not.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    No surprise there. I'd rather have Scalise even though he's kinda clad in the establishment. Jordan plays more like he's trying to fund-raise off of youtube clips. I don't know if he actually believes what he's saying/doing. Scalise I think is kinda between MAGA and establishment and would probably be a better unifier.

But he has to push the GOP to change to be more nation/citizen focused. Be the party of individuals. Let Dems be the party of the establishment desperately trying to hang on to power.
    Based on my INGO interactions, I have come to be highly suspicious of anyone from Ohio. I think I would still see Jim as speaker over Steve.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And another thing that needs addressing is the notion that I am currently onboard with DeSantis. I once thought of him as a potential viable candidate. I no longer feel that way. I haven't paid any attention to his campaign since it turned into a FUBAR, whereas Coulter continues to support DeSantis. So any attempt to lump me in with Coulter currently is off based.
    I think Coulter staying with DeSantis is fine. But I feel like it's a little delusional given the mood of the country. There are two candidates topping the news cycles. That's Trump and Biden. It doesn't look like that will change unless Dems replace Biden. Or someone offs Trump.

Rammy is a little more relevant than DeSantis these days. And he's less relevant than Trump at this point. DeSantis just can't gain traction. In a normal election against normal candidates he'd do fine. With Trump in it with his large personality, DeSantis isn't gonna compete with that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Based on my INGO interactions, I have come to be highly suspicious of anyone from Ohio. I think I would still see Jim as speaker over Steve.
    Eh. That was a joke. :): But I like your enthusiasm.

Kidding aside, I like to hear Jordan "own" Dems. Video shorts with Jordan sound bites have become regular on my Youtube feed. My instincts make me suspicious though. Same with Gaetz. I've learned to be skeptical of people who say things I like hearing. They keep disappointing me when they break character.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hey. He was literally the POTUS! He can declassify anything by whim! Just the mere fact he told something about it demonstrates that he's already declassified it. And no. That's not circular reasoning. Really it's not.
    That is exactly what several constitutional scholars said when Trump was accused of telling something to the Russians at a meeting. Now post presidency is an interesting question.

This is interesting: “In essence, President Trump is arguing that presidents, even after their terms in office are over, are absolutely immune from criminal prosecutions arising out of their acts in office that fall within the “outer perimeter” of their official responsibilities as president, unless they have first been both impeached and convicted by the House of Representatives and Senate.”

“In Nixon v. Fitzgerald, the Supreme Court ruled that a president has absolute immunity from civil liability for acts within the outer perimeter of his official responsibilities. In short, you cannot sue a former president personally because his official acts harmed you. This is an unquestioned Supreme Court precedent, based on very serious, core separation of powers concerns.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is exactly what several constitutional scholars said when Trump was accused of telling something to the Russians at a meeting. Now post presidency is an interesting question.

This is interesting: “In essence, President Trump is arguing that presidents, even after their terms in office are over, are absolutely immune from criminal prosecutions arising out of their acts in office that fall within the “outer perimeter” of their official responsibilities as president, unless they have first been both impeached and convicted by the House of Representatives and Senate.”

“In Nixon v. Fitzgerald, the Supreme Court ruled that a president has absolute immunity from civil liability for acts within the outer perimeter of his official responsibilities. In short, you cannot sue a former president personally because his official acts harmed you. This is an unquestioned Supreme Court precedent, based on very serious, core separation of powers concerns.”

Hey, I'm not saying that Trump should be prosecuted for it. But this whim thing is just a bit out there. IMHO.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hey, I'm not saying that Trump should be prosecuted for it. But this whim thing is just a bit out there. IMHO.
    I think it upsets your sense of balance, I do not think this stuff is really taught about presidential powers.

A simple question, just whom or what entity the ultimate authority over an administrations documents and classifications?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom